All-Star After The 2013 Worlds, Trends I Would Like To See Die Fast....ok Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has the WWOS/USASF tried a system of paid priority seating like at other sporting events/concerts. Like offering "VIP" seating to the parents in the ideal front rows/sections and even dividing it up maybe? And even make all day seating more expensive than just staying for certain divisions (yes this would suck for someone like me who doesn't have a a CP on a Worlds team who just goes to literally watch cheer 24/7). So let's say a parent could get first dibs on this "VIP" seating and not put the tickets on sale until after maybe the paid and partial paid-bids are all given out. Leave that window open on a particular starting date, first come first serve. Then open it up to the rest of us "cheer nerds". A parent could pay the largest amount of the tier and stay the entire day in their assigned seats, or they can pay for those VIP seats for only one session at a lower cost.

Then after a certain time has gone by, the tickets would be open for anyone to purchase with similar rules. Pay for the whole day in a preferable seat at a higher cost, and a lower cost in a preferable seat for just certain sessions. The nosebleeds and only a specific session being the cheapest tickets. And make incentive for those seats by making them a fair amount cheaper. Then include wristbands for the parents/family who buy any seat to attend awards (maybe limiting it to 4 for like a family of four) and if there are any opening "seats" at awards, charge for those as well- but include them in the higher tier of seating for the "cheer nerds" who pay for the more expensive seating. I know it's not infallible/perfect, but neither is anything the USASF has done so far either.

Ok.
1. I love the Lady Bullet voiceovers. I've accidently said it to friends that are not involved in cheerleading what-so-ever. It's catchy and I like it.
2. Am I the only one that didn't think I Dream Of Jeannie? I thought of straight up Cholitas from the hood and I couldn't stop laughing.
This caused me to not top laughing!

Yes! Did anyone else feel like after watching so many teams go(for anyone watching the prelims and semi on live feed) that the mixes started to sound really alike?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
They did...And I was 10 ft away from the floor and all I kept thinking was, "god are there not ANY other songs?"!! :banghead:

Has the WWOS/USASF tried a system of paid priority seating like at other sporting events/concerts. Like offering "VIP" seating to the parents in the ideal front rows/sections and even dividing it up maybe? And even make all day seating more expensive than just staying for certain divisions (yes this would suck for someone like me who doesn't have a a CP on a Worlds team who just goes to literally watch cheer 24/7). So let's say a parent could get first dibs on this "VIP" seating and not put the tickets on sale until after maybe the paid and partial paid-bids are all given out. Leave that window open on a particular starting date, first come first serve. Then open it up to the rest of us "cheer nerds". A parent could pay the largest amount of the tier and stay the entire day in their assigned seats, or they can pay for those VIP seats for only one session at a lower cost.

Then after a certain time has gone by, the tickets would be open for anyone to purchase with similar rules. Pay for the whole day in a preferable seat at a higher cost, and a lower cost in a preferable seat for just certain sessions. The nosebleeds and only a specific session being the cheapest tickets. And make incentive for those seats by making them a fair amount cheaper. Then include wristbands for the parents/family who buy any seat to attend awards (maybe limiting it to 4 for like a family of four) and if there are any opening "seats" at awards, charge for those as well- but include them in the higher tier of seating for the "cheer nerds" who pay for the more expensive seating. I know it's not infallible/perfect, but neither is anything the USASF has done so far either.
I'm envisioning Mickey Mouse scalping tickets in front of the Milkhouse and whispering to people to go around back to find Pluto and Minnie if they want the really good seats....

But I do agree, something needs to be done other than making most finals on Monday with multiple sessions. I can't help but wonder if their lack of really making any changes is due to the fact that the Disney contract for Worlds expires after next season and there are already bigger plans in the works to move it to somewhere that can better accomodate the crowds. Selling a finite number of tickets with assigned seating based on price is not a bad idea.

I agree something needs to be done to ensure parents aren't stressing out about whether we can watch our child's team at Worlds, but charging us more isn't the answer! We've already paid a ridiculous amount all year long and without us financially supporting our kids and this entire industry, there would be no Worlds to watch! I totally agree that parents should have first dibs at seats to watch their child (maybe 2 priority seats for every child competing for their division) but I don't think charging more for this is ok.

My suggestion: make the VIP section truly VIP-like - have it in another area, plush seating, huge screen tv, free food, etc - like the club lounges at sporting arenas (ever go into one of those things? Most of the people in them watch the game on the tvs, not through the glass windows to the actual field). Then everybody wins - VIPs get VIP treatment, the main arena is open to everyone.

The VIP section at UCA was several rows, and for the most part (early morning), completely empty. They wouldn't allow any parents to sit there, even though it was literally empty, and had us crammed 3 rows deep behind it, trying to look over each others heads. Ridiculous.

As for the VIP seating, I agree that it should be like it is at football stadiums... I mean most of the VIPs are there to wheel and deal anyway right?

I agree something needs to be done to ensure parents aren't stressing out about whether we can watch our child's team at Worlds, but charging us more isn't the answer! We've already paid a ridiculous amount all year long and without us financially supporting our kids and this entire industry, there would be no Worlds to watch! I totally agree that parents should have first dibs at seats to watch their child (maybe 2 priority seats for every child competing for their division) but I don't think charging more for this is ok.
Note I didn't say more than you already do, just more than the rest and more for all day seating in one venue. Most families/parents aren't staying the whole day to watch cheer. Just their child's division. I said "A parent could pay the largest amount of the tier and stay the entire day in their assigned seats, or they can pay for those VIP seats for only one session at a lower cost."

Obviously staying the entire day in their assigned preferential seating for front row, etc. would be on the highest tier regarding cost for a parent; but should be offered less (cost wise) to parents/families than to the rest of us-us obviously paying the highest "tier" for those seats.

My suggestion: make the VIP section truly VIP-like - have it in another area, plush seating, huge screen tv, free food, etc - like the club lounges at sporting arenas (ever go into one of those things? Most of the people in them watch the game on the tvs, not through the glass windows to the actual field). Then everybody wins - VIPs get VIP treatment, the main arena is open to everyone.
I didn't include this in my idea bc I don't think many people would go for it. Maybe EP's and that's it. Most VIP's, coaches, families, etc. want to be right there in front of the action. I'm also not sure that venue has the type of availability for the VIP section like you're referring to- but I think I just read in this thread that their contract w/Disney might be up in a couple of years, so idk.

No worries here! I think the VIP area is too big but I do think there should be a VIP area.

Thanks :) ..sometimes I never know how people on the board are going to take my replies :help:

@yojaehs what did you think of my idea out of curiosity?
I completely understand a parents frustration. I personally think that VIP area is too large. As a coach I personally prefer to go to the coaches room and watch bc it's less chaotic. Now as for the EP's, I think they should have the right to the seats. Everytime my teams came up we were approached before and after by the EP we were representing and spoken to. Without them we wouldn't be there. I think there needs to be a balance but idk exactly what it is or what it should be.

I was IN the arena to watch WWSC, TGLC and SSX live (my top 3 favorite performances from the weekend) and I will say watching those live is something ill never forget. I was in 3 different places in the venue and was able to enjoy each performance equally.

Shoes flying off the mat - because apparently some people feel shoes staying on your feet is way to mainstream,

Mesh on any part of a uniform - stop being creative just use the KISS rule of design: Keep It Simple Stupid,
...to add to that, no ridiculous cutouts either...or ugly sublimation ...or overly sparkly uniforms that look like a five year old had an accident with their glitter pens

Deserve - like every other person in this thread has said it's tacky and I hate it

Music that's in the top 40's - seriously I would love if people would use some old school mayday parade, alexisonfire (it's metal but would be so sick for tumbling), artist vs poet, the cab, ADTR, hawk Nelson, something different people!

Ahhhh this made me SO HAPPY when i read it!!!! We are a super small gym, but i do the music every year and I always include stuff like this. This year we had Mayday Parade and All Time Low in our mixes!!! The parents and girls think im crazy sometimes, but over my dead body will our mixes ever be filled with kesha and kelly clarkson and everything else you hear in everyyyyone elses mixes!!!!! :D

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with this one a little bit. Do I think the VIP seating was too large, yes. Do I think the VIP section is for those that shelled out the 25k per team (paid bids) that are there to support their clients, absolutely. There should be a happy medium I agree but I'm not gonna take anything away from the EP's that helped pay the way (or help pay the way) for teams to compete. JMO.

Why don't they split it down the middle & have one side be VIP & one side for parents?

Ahhhh this made me SO HAPPY when i read it!!!! We are a super small gym, but i do the music every year and I always include stuff like this. This year we had Mayday Parade and All Time Low in our mixes!!!

I love this!! Those kind of mixes are always the best :)

Back