All-Star Allstar Resort/block Party

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, here is my thoughts. I think this whole thing should be done away with, but it won't be. I feel that ALL coaches AND parents should attend. I told someone today that WE should ALL go and dress goofy/tacky and go be as obnoxious as possible (loud, bad dancing, crazy make up) and embarrass the crap out of these kids. There have been so many different attempts to control this stupid party, nothing has worked. Here is my solution, USASF/Disney, BAN the participating person from competing at World's the following year. BAN them, shut them out, do not allow them to return. I PROMISE, it will ONLY take ONE time. Gyms will step up to the plate when/if they feel their chances of returning to World's could be in jeopardy.

They do this. Teams who break hotel/event rules are disqualified, banned from worlds for the next year and have to repay every cent of their full paid or partial paid bid.

Maybe next year some of the hypersensitive mothers can organize a lego competition on Sunday night and others can chip in by providing juice and milk and cookies. Then everyone can be shown to their rooms and tucked in by 9pm.

Sounds like my kind of party!! LOL
This doesn't sound any worse than the drunk kids trying to wheel chair stunt last year. If Disney didn't kick us to the curb then...they won't now. It all boils down to money talks, neither Disney nor USASF is going to risk missing out on the tons of cash we bring them that weekend. I think the kids would have to burn down part of All Star Resort to get Worlds bounced. Of course we all want a new venue so PLEASE cancel our contract!!!
I don't condone the behavior but I always look forward to the "post Worlds" drunk tweets, this year was more entertaining then last year!

All I know I'd while I was there and acted responsibly, I saw quite a few drunk/high coaches WEARING their gyms tee shirts acting complete messes. One notable major "cheerlebrity" jumped into a bush in a drunken daze when the helicopters first flew over. I would know, I helped her out.....completely mortified.

All I know I'd while I was there and acted responsibly, I saw quite a few drunk/high coaches WEARING their gyms tee shirts acting complete messes. One notable major "cheerlebrity" jumped into a bush in a drunken daze when the helicopters first flew over. I would know, I helped her out.....completely mortified.
lovely

I can't tell you the number of girls I saw at the airport in t-shirts and spanks today. The airport! Spandex shorts are gym clothes, they're not meant to be work around in public. I felt the same way with the girls in the cafeteria in sports bras and spandex.
I do not understand parents that allow their kids to go out in public in a sports bra and shorts/spanks and I see it ALL the time! Put a t-shirt on for God's sake! It's bad enough at comps but you don't need to take your kid inside McDonalds or to the store after practice in her sports bra!

They do this. Teams who break hotel/event rules are disqualified, banned from worlds for the next year and have to repay every cent of their full paid or partial paid bid.

I have NEVER heard of this actually happening. I know they can do it, but I've never heard of them actually enforcing it - that's why people keep bringing it up. Because they'd like to see it enforced.

Sounds like my kind of party!! LOL
This doesn't sound any worse than the drunk kids trying to wheel chair stunt last year. If Disney didn't kick us to the curb then...they won't now. It all boils down to money talks, neither Disney nor USASF is going to risk missing out on the tons of cash we bring them that weekend. I think the kids would have to burn down part of All Star Resort to get Worlds bounced. Of course we all want a new venue so PLEASE cancel our contract!!!
I don't condone the behavior but I always look forward to the "post Worlds" drunk tweets, this year was more entertaining then last year!

I normally love everything you post but I so disagree with this. But that's because I never find drunk teenagers entertaining - just obnoxious, annoying, and childish. And I'm so stunned that a PARENT would say that they "look forward to" drunk tweets from KIDS.

As for them throwing us out... I don't think anyone thinks they will. But I know, without a doubt, that if the USASF actually enforced their rules and cracked down on the drinking by making teams pay back money and not come back next year... There would not be any less people/money next year. Are you trying to say that they're worried it will affect their bottom line if they enforce the rules? I'd LOVE to see the gym that would turn down a bid to worlds because they're mad that the USASF doesn't allow underage drinking. Doubtful. It would not affect their bottom line one red cent to enforce this rule. (or Disney - the other 364 days a year they seem to be able to have a hold on this and I think they do ok financially)

I'm trying to picture a gym saying "Oh, no thank you. We don't want the bid to worlds. They started being really strict about underage drinking so now there's just no point spending the money to go" WOULD. NEVER. HAPPEN. Trust me, usasf is in no danger of losing money on this.

Excuse me for a second.....hahahahahahaha I am sorry but that is funny. I don't wanna know who it was as I do not want to look at the person horribly for the rest of my life but geez get yourself together. I find people who do stupid stuff while drunk completely hilarious because lets be honest its not my fault you drank to much.

Again, this wasn't a scheduled or sponsored party. It just popped up at the hotel most athletes were staying at. If they walked to the cafeteria or out to the pool they were likely to get caught up in it. It was probably hard for gyms to ban athletes from this event, seeing as it wasn't really an event at all.

The actual Block Party went well, from what I've heard.

An older than most of you dad here and I was at the real "Block Party" and I didn't see any issues at all. As I said before, teens at an amusement park. There are still people that think the organized Block Party was the problem, it wasn't.

Not sure what the kids/coaches at Allstar Resort were thinking (obviously they weren't) but hopefully there is some ramifications for their actions...

This is probably going to stir the pot, but I doubt any of you are surprised that I tend to do that..
Although I think the party may have gotten out of hand, do you really think any of what you're saying is going to help? My parents may tell me they think I drink too much, but does that thought stop me from pouring that next shot? No. If I want to go out and drink I will, and ESPECIALLY if I was in the situation that those athletes are. And don't tag this to bad parenting, I have two amazing parents, but at a certain point in your life, you begin to make your own decisions, your own mistakes, control your own actions and thoughts without any concern for your upbringing. Many hold on to the lessons their parents taught them, all of them, and abide by strict rules in their lives. Many also listen to some of the rules their parents tell them, but have decided that at their age they are equipped enough to decide for themselves how they'd like to act, and some just go out and say "YOLO" (and I don't approve of anyone seriously using the expression YOLO to justify anything) and do things that are downright stupid and probably dangerous. Although I do know that there is much proof to say that a child's upbringing influences their actions, I truly believe that nowadays friends, social media, school, etc. have more to do with how a kid acts than parenting does, so you can stop with the parenting comments.
It's just a fact that most teenagers will do what they want regardless of what you tell them, regardless of how much you come on the Fierce Board and b**** about how people got out of control at this event, or how cheerleaders need to stop drinking, or anything like that, people will continue to drink. Shocked? I'd be surprised. Am I saying "just let them do it, it's gonna happen anyways?" no, but coming on here and bitching about it is doing nothing.
I'll tell you the way I've learned some of the hardest lessons I've ever had to learn. It was by my parents letting me make a mistake. I knew there were consequences to my actions, my parents never let me forget that, but I did stupid things and the consequences were enforced. It's part of the reason I've never cheered allstar. If you're a gym owner and you are going to kick people out of the gym for such actions, tell them that WILL happen (not MIGHT happen), and follow through if they break the rules. You're a parent? Come up with your own consequences, and STICK TO IT. THAT IS HOW PEOPLE LEARN. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your gym, or how to parent your child, but coming from a teenager's point of view, witnessing many of my friends' interactions with their parents, comparing it to my own, I can tell you that some of the comments you guys are making make it seem like you're going about it the complete wrong way to be effective.

When I say "Kids" I am referring to anyone under the age of 25. I also do not follow anyone that I know is under the age of 18, period. So yes, I find a group of 20 somethings having a standing full check in the football field amusing...now if it was 15 year olds doing keg stands in the resort, my reaction would be greatly different. The "kids" I follow on twitter all attended Worlds on their own and have been out of All Stars at least one season.
I don't know what you mean by the whole gym turning down a bid because the USASF getting strict about underage drinking? I don't think a gym would either...I was talking strictly the amount of money and traffic our event brings into the park. Yes they make money all year round but it would still hurt to lose an event of Worlds size (and growing).

Back