All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How have I missed this thread for the past few days? I'm so out of the loop. 21st birthday week problems....
I was going to make a comment about 21st birthdays but I'm sure my board moms would beat me upside the head with a wooden spoon ;) Hope it's been good though..I always find it's the weeks I'm off doing crazy things that I come back to find the board went nuts without me..

At least Rock Star has competed quite a bit before going to NCA (I think he said 3 comps) the other team just competed this last weekend at a Spirit Cheer competition and it was the only time they have competed all season. Basically getting that one comp in before they go to Dallas. Their final score was higher then some level 3 teams!
I am completely behind small gyms using crossovers to help create at least close to full teams, but when the MAJORITY of your team is 3, 4, or 5? All your doing is teaching the kids that winning at any cost is acceptable and fair play is a joke.

I think Cheersport was The Who's 2nd competition this year and NCA is the only other competition they are going to. Basically this team seems to have been formed to win two big nationals.
I really feel bad for the teams competing against this team at NCA. Hopefully one of the TRUE level 2 teams pull out the win to show that stacking a team full of higher levels doesn't insure walking away with a jacket.

ok Ive been stewing on this all day long...would you guys be as upset if this was the original team that was made at the beginning of the season? like if Rockstar lost a lot of business and didnt have enough to make killers and other teams? and this team was the result of that?
I've been pretty vocal about how much I despise the abuse of crossovers, but until there is a rule against it I have to live with it and can only disrespect those gyms that stack teams all year. In this case NCA has always instituted their own crossover rule, and when there became a clear pattern of sandbagging they implemented a new rule to help true level teams even the playing field. The gym that competes as level 2 all year comprised higher level athletes isn't "cheating" per USASF, but the gym that creates a team only to go to NCA is cheating.

ztaprincess said:
I think Cheersport was The Who's 2nd competition this year and NCA is the only other competition they are going to. Basically this team seems to have been formed to win two big nationals.
I really feel bad for the teams competing against this team at NCA. Hopefully one of the TRUE level 2 teams pull out the win to show that stacking a team full of higher levels doesn't insure walking away with a jacket.

That's incorrect..NCA will be our 4th competition

#Cheerparentsbeingcheerparentsprobz
I always have a good laugh when I see these comments...along with "all cheermoms are fat", "all cheermoms are frustrated cheerleader wannabes living vicariously (usually misspelled) through their kids".

Are you a pro football fan? (substitute basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, golf - whichever is your pleasure). Does that mean you are a frustrated pro football player? Do you think that, as a paying fan, your opinions should matter in the NFL? Or better, if you were one of the companies sponsoring the games (like we sponsor the cheerleaders and cheer competitions with our hard-earned dollars) should your opinion matter?

If your kid were a pro football player, would you be sitting home with pizza and a beer, getting fat - or at the game, wearing their colors and logo?

We cheerparents are your fans. The biggest and best fans you will likely ever have. We are also your sponsors. And more willing sponsors than you will ever get outside in the real world. :)

At least Rock Star has competed quite a bit before going to NCA (I think he said 3 comps) the other team just competed this last weekend at a Spirit Cheer competition and it was the only time they have competed all season. Basically getting that one comp in before they go to Dallas. Their final score was higher then some level 3 teams!
I am completely behind small gyms using crossovers to help create at least close to full teams, but when the MAJORITY of your team is 3, 4, or 5? All your doing is teaching the kids that winning at any cost is acceptable and fair play is a joke.

The majority of the team is level 1 and 2. The level 3's on the team all come from youth and there are 2 junior 5 girls. We have crossed up more level 1's than crossed down 3's and 5's. It is uninformed people making things up. If you knew the roster you would not have a problem with the level. When I worked at a larger gym 90 percent of these kids would be level 2 or 3 and only 1 would be over that when the team was formed. Should we stop working new skills or tell a girl, you got your standing tuck so you are off the team. Other gyms/parents have just decided they wanted to throw us in to this argument for their own gain.

The majority of the team is level 1 and 2. The level 3's on the team all come from youth and there are 2 junior 5 girls. We have crossed up more level 1's than crossed down 3's and 5's. It is uninformed people making things up. If you knew the roster you would not have a problem with the level. When I worked at a larger gym 90 percent of these kids would be level 2 or 3 and only 1 would be over that when the team was formed. Should we stop working new skills or tell a girl, you got your standing tuck so you are off the team. Other gyms/parents have just decided they wanted to throw us in to this argument for their own gain.

The Who is a Half Year team of athletes that wanted to attend NCA Dallas; Bascially the ones that could afford it. At first we were only planning on taking Chili Peppers and Beatles to Dallas...aftter alot of interest and pressure from our parents, we decided to add a Half year team that would compete 3 times and go to Dallas for it's 4th and last competition of the year. We held a tryout for 7-14 yr olds and took 20 athletes for this team. Keep in mind, the tryout was open to all Rockstar athletes who are 7-14 years of age that aren't on Chili Peppers or Beatles. We ended up taking 19 crossovers from our Level 2, 3, 4 teams, and 1 former athlete from Rockstar. These athletes compete on our Level 2, 3, 4 teams. We have athletes from 6 teams in the gym that make up this team. 1 of them is on Killers, she's a flyer and is 14 years old. She doesn't have Level 5 tumbling and she's backspotting on the Who. I have several girls on Killers that aren't Level 5 tumblers. That team is built for stunting not tumbling.

As for the Who, they've competed twice now, and they lost their 1st competition at NCA Atlanta, got 2nd place. Stingray beat them, and they won a small local event this past weekend. Cheersport and NCA will be their final competition. We will get beat in stunts and dance by most Junior 2 teams. We could care less if we win or not, it's about the experience for these younger athletes to see what NCA is all about. We're hoping that the buzz and the talk will be so great that the other parents will hear about it and want to atttend NCA next year. For us, it's all about the money and how costly it is. We'd love to bring all our teams in the future.

Derek, the major perceptions came not from other gyms or parents but from within your own program. Quoted above are what APPEAR to be contradictory statements. Outsiders have posted, claiming to know these individual athletes - those are not as relevant, but present a fair challenge.

What I don't understand is why nobody seems willing to give a clear answer to or accounting of what level athletes are represented on this team - even from within Rockstar. At this point, the damage is done and I also wish it would move past being a Rockstar issue and put more focus on preventing this type of occurence in the future. But as long as there is no integrity or consistency in the answers, it won't be allowed to move on. Are you in any way obligated to respond to an inquisition on a cheer board? Absolutely not. But it won't die until you do.

Derek, the major perceptions came not from other gyms or parents but from within your own program. Quoted above are what APPEAR to be contradictory statements. Outsiders have posted, claiming to know these individual athletes - those are not as relevant, but present a fair challenge.

What I don't understand is why nobody seems willing to give a clear answer to or accounting of what level athletes are represented on this team - even from within Rockstar. At this point, the damage is done and I also wish it would move past being a Rockstar issue and put more focus on preventing this type of occurence in the future. But as long as there is no integrity or consistency in the answers, it won't be allowed to move on. Are you in any way obligated to respond to an inquisition on a cheer board? Absolutely not. But it won't die until you do.

These are two different coaches responding about two different programs. My understanding is that CoachDerek is with Sparks, they have a team that has been thrown into this argument, but has nothing to do with Rockstar.

These are two different coaches responding about two different programs. My understanding is that CoachDerek is with Sparks, they have a team that has been thrown into this argument, but has nothing to do with Rockstar.
Well that explains! Then Derek, my apologies and my sympathies because you are getting beat up from two sides. :confused:

i do cheer for vizion,and i think our junior 2 is amazing! we won indy and cheersport. were large junior 2! but i love champion cheer senior 2:)

Back