All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think theres an absolute difference between being a small gym with a few kids with level 4 skills and having only a level 2 team because thats where the majority of your athletes fall. I think there is something grossly out of line when you create a level 2 team out of level 3-5 athletes.

I'm not specifically speaking about the Rockstar 'incident'. I mean any teams that at any time have intentionally sandbagged at a large event, which seems to happen fair bit.

What exactly is this teaching a group of juniors? That winning is in fact the only thing that matters? That winning at whatever cost is what's the most important thing in our sport and we simply don't value or accept anything less?

There was a post made just before NCA, about an article titled "I Hope You Lose". Perhaps some coaches, programs and athletes need to be reminded about what the ultimate goal of school aged athletics is. I understand we are in an "all star" arena. But you're talking about children. Where the focus should be fun, safety, learning, being active and learning to win and lose with grace.

According to the text I got, when Cali J2 was announced as 2nd...there were approximately 4 athletes from J2 teams (no, I don't know which team(s) that pointed at rockstar and screamed "cheaters".

my cp is mouthy like her momma, she probably would have done the same thing.

although i don't approve and talk to her about sportsmanship sometimes emotions can get the best of people. at her first comp when cp's team won 4th place they handed her a ribbon when the other teams got medals. my cp sat down with her team, threw the ribbon in front of her on the stage and kicked it away with her foot. thankfully i am the only one that noticed it but i had to have a long talk with her, as well i had some sr5 girls from our gym that cp is close with talk to her about it too since she looks up to them. it must have helped because at cheersport when cp's team was in last place on day one we were scared to tell her. when she finally found out she said "well, i guess that means we have to work harder tomrrow." that was a proud momma moment :D

Thank you to everyone for yelling at our kids, calling them cheaters, making disparaging comments to 9 year olds because you don't like our coaching decision, and now making up lies about awards.

Our kids all said SOT deserved the win and they did. Let it die now. Way to keep it classy.

mybabywantstotumble said:
my cp is mouthy like her momma, she probably would have done the same thing.

although i don't approve and talk to her about sportsmanship sometimes emotions can get the best of people. at her first comp when cp's team won 4th place they handed her a ribbon when the other teams got medals. my cp sat down with her team, threw the ribbon in front of her on the stage and kicked it away with her foot. thankfully i am the only one that noticed it but i had to have a long talk with her, as well i had some sr5 girls from our gym that cp is close with talk to her about it too since she looks up to them. it must have helped because at cheersport when cp's team was in last place on day one we were scared to tell her. when she finally found out she said "well, i guess that means we have to work harder tomrrow." that was a proud momma moment :D

For the record not one kid or coach confronted or yelled anything negative at our Awards ceremony. I'm not sure how that lie was started but hey..This is the place for anyone and everyone to do just that.

To any coaches, if your going to do something like this, you are the ones putting your kids in the line of fire...You chose to sandbag, not us. Don't be blaming us for being upset. I don't agree with comments being made to little kids. So people really should be more classy and take their comments to the real routes of the problem, the coaches, and ultimately the parents. I asked my mom about the situation and having competed level 5 my whole life she never would have let me compete a level that wasn't my own. "Its not fair for any one involved, you or the other teams your competing against".

We have a right to be upset...but until rules gets placed (which NCA tried to do, but some people still got around) we cant do anything but be upset so prepare for people to be upset.

Not really directed at anyone in particular but kinda as a warning to other coaches, you sandbag, people will find out, people will be upset, and in the end your kids will get the backlash which is no ones fault but your own.

Thank you to everyone for yelling at our kids, calling them cheaters, making disparaging comments to 9 year olds because you don't like our coaching decision, and now making up lies about awards.

Our kids all said SOT deserved the win and they did. Let it die now. Way to keep it classy.

The only people that know what was said would be the athletes that exchanged words, no one else that includes you. No need to throw out "way to keep it classy" it tends to make you look catty.

To any coaches, if your going to do something like this, you are the ones putting your kids in the line of fire...You chose to sandbag, not us. Don't be blaming us for being upset. I don't agree with comments being made to little kids. So people really should be more classy and take their comments to the real routes of the problem, the coaches, and ultimately the parents. I asked my mom about the situation and having competed level 5 my whole life she never would have let me compete a level that wasn't my own. "Its not fair for any one involved, you or the other teams your competing against".

We have a right to be upset...but until rules gets placed (which NCA tried to do, but some people still got around) we cant do anything but be upset so prepare for people to be upset.

Not really directed at anyone in particular but kinda as a warning to other coaches, you sandbag, people will find out, people will be upset, and in the end your kids will get the backlash which is no ones fault but your own.
Please ask your mom if she will let me adopt you. ;)

I imagine Horatio Caine doing this:
horatio-caine-csi.jpg

You know it isn't good when Horatio does this.
*whips off sunglasses for better delivery of terrible pun*

You can't stick your hand in fire and then get mad at it for burning you.

Admins, can we shimmy this a million times? CaliMom, your daughter has restored some of my lost faith. I'll bet she has done that for many others, too. She will always be a winner, no matter what she does with her life. Good job raising her, mama!

And the same for the girl who donated her jacket to the boy with cancer. THESE kids are the best of the best cheerleading has to offer.
Thank you - it's all we can do as mothers and hope and pray that they do turn out great inside and out. And yes - great job to the cheerleader from World Cup who gave her jacket as well!!

I really did want this to drop but I have to defend our kids against blanket statements like this. When exactly did our kids yell at your or call them cheaters? I know it wasn't in warmups because their coaches would have dealt with them. I know it wasn't in the stands because I made very sure that them and the parents "kept it classy". Even when that one stunt went down and some of girls looked like they were getting ready to cheer, I grabbed them and made them be quiet. Or was it during awards? Because as far as I know you weren't even on the floor with them.
As far as what happened during our awards...our team did keep it classy because their coach was standing right behind them and would have brained them if they had so much as breathed wrong on your kids. I wasn't on stage so I don't know if what was said between the two kids actually took place and that is why I have not harped on it. But unless you were on stage also and sitting with those kids how do you know that it wasn't said? You don't so you can't really throw it off as being a "lie".
As far as I know no one yelled at your kids, called them cheaters, or made remarks towards them at the competition. We made sure to keep our kids as far from yours as possible to avoid something like this being said. Now if you have an exact situation you would like to PM me with I will be sure to bring it up to their coach or if you have a description of the people who were yelling and saying bad things let me know and I'll talk to them myself.
No matter what the situation was I know I always teach my child to have respect for the competition. In fact, Phoebe looked at me yesterday and said "I'm so glad Sparks was there because it made us work harder, and that made it more special to win."

I think the two sandbaggers are getting mixed up now. I thought it was Rockstar that got called out as 'cheaters' at awards. Someone said CoachDerek was with Sparks. They didn't win :cheering: so that wouldn't make sense that this happened at awards. I am so confused.

Bottom line, as was stated before, the cheer world has long memories. Wherever, whenever. Brag all you want via your tweets sandbaggers, the only people impressed are yourselves.

Back