All-Star Anyone Else Notice Alot Of 12 Year Old Flyers On The Floor?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

none of which are offensive, but merely emphasize small stature. i also am a fan of fun sized.
i like being small. you get away with alot more. like asking for crayons at a restaurant.

or ordering a Moo Moo Mr. Cow at Moe's.

I could never order a Moo Moo Mr. Cow.

or ordering a Moo Moo Mr. Cow at Moe's.

I could never order a Moo Moo Mr. Cow.
As a former Moe's employee, we do not discriminate towards consumers of the Moo Moo Mr Cow. A Moo can be enjoyed by all age ranges! That being said, I wish those things filled me up. They are like bite sized burritos to me, I could eat like 5....

(Ask for a Moo if you feel awkward saying the full name, they'll understand. haha)

As a former Moe's employee, we do not discriminate towards consumers of the Moo Moo Mr Cow. A Moo can be enjoyed by all age ranges! That being said, I wish those things filled me up. They are like bite sized burritos to me, I could eat like 5....

(Ask for a Moo if you feel awkward saying the full name, they'll understand. haha)

*whispers* one moo please

Beast is definitely not offensive, nor is it referring to size.... it means when you're good at something. Aka- "that girl's double is beast" "Did you see the flyer save her fullup? It was beast" "King holds his own stunts, he's a beast"

Beast is definitely not offensive, nor is it referring to size.... it means when you're good at something. Aka- "that girl's double is beast" "Did you see the flyer save her fullup? It was beast" "King holds his own stunts, he's a beast"

I feel like beast implies I don't wear deodorant. I would like to publicly state. Yes, I do wear deodorant.

(my wife is 4'10.5 [and let me tell you how important that .5 is)]
When you're 5' 4 3/4" and all of your cousins are 5' 10" MINIMUM..yeah, every bit of an inch counts. I'm with her on that one.

I guess for me, when I think of 'senior' teams, I liked to see senior-aged girls. 12 years old doesn't look senior to me. I was a dancer on a senior-aged team because I was better than most girls my age. And while I could hold my own, plenty of parents resented me for it (even on my own team). So I worked extra hard. But it got to the point where I was 10/11 with girls who were 15/16, and they would literally shut me out of rooms to have 'private' conversations. It sucked. Anything that avoids that kind of stuff is totally ok with me. And it looked weird, too. I was a tiny little 'peanut' with girls who were pulling 5' 5" plus. It looks awkward. It does. There is a certain energy to younger girls, and you can usually tell.

So just expanding on what would happen if the age group of 12 and 13 year olds were no longer allowed at Worlds.

If you were to JUST look at 12 and 13 what percentage of those are flyers? Bases? Backspots? Frontspots?

I would say that 85% of 12-13 year olds at worlds are flyers OR frontspots. High low?

i understand everyones points about hitting the score sheet and putting little ones up. but alot of teams are able to do elite moves, to me the teams that are going to pull ahead will be the team that can put up a 17 year old flyer, do the elite moves and will score higher for overall impression. its getting to that point. Everyone can do tick tocks now, heck im trying to put a version of a tick tock in my mini 1 routine! now its goign to come down to who can make it prettiest, big flyers make it harder and prettier. another point i would like to make is that basing on an all-girl college team last year. Most of our flyers were the same sizes are most of the bases. Its going to start to get hard for these bases to move on to college when they have based 12 year olds for the past 6 years, maybe thats why most open teams look a hot mess half of the time. i would be all for moving the age restriction to 14 or even 15 because of this. If it was 14 of 15, kids would still have 3 or 4 years to go to worlds, thats plenty.

i would like to add to that, i am 5'1" i have been on a senior team from 2000 with the exception of one year in 06 on a really old junior team. I have never flew in my life. Not only have I always based kids my size, as a 7th grader i based seniors. It made me an awesome base and I still found it hard to base a 120 lbs girl in college, i feel bad for these kids who are basing 60 lbs girls and are about to double that when they move to college.

Back