All-Star Anyone Else Notice Alot Of 12 Year Old Flyers On The Floor?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

there was a little girl who wass 10 (though she looks 8..) on the senior 4 team too, but she held her own - being one of the strongest tumblers, and a fierce little flyer.
I say age doesn't matter as long as the little one would have made the team if they were older, as in they have all the skills that everyone else does.

I agree, she is one of the best flyers on the team. And she does a individual with a Wizard of OZ theme. It's adorable.

while I understand and agree with most people on this thread, there is no point. in a perfect world, every gym would be able to field a team in every skill AND age division.. however that isn't exactly feasible. so we do the best we can. and until there are bottom ages, no one is breaking any rules by using an 8 year old flyer on a senior 4 team. would a senior-aged athlete "look" better? absolutely. But there is no rule stating that the 8 year old cannot be on that team.. so we can complain all we want but really we aren't getting anywhere.

I don't really see a problem with younger girls on senior teams, especially at small gyms. If there skill level is high enough and they're mature enough then they should be able to compete at their level and not be held back because of their gym not having a younger team that suites their skill levels.

I don't get why this thread had to be dug out from dead thread Hell so that people can argue the same points and beat the same dead horses.

If they're 12 and needed on a senior level team then oh well. A gym is going to put together a team made of the best individuals needed in order to win. If that's a 65lb 12 yr old ( which was me in 8 th grade) or a 5'8 7 th grade that can back and tumble like nobodies business then on well. Deal. If you don't like it...close your eyes.

i dont think age matters, but in my opinion their appearance does. someone said earlier that using small flyers is a turn off and its definitely true. teams doing really hard stunts with is not impressive at all with little babies as it is with a "normal" size flyer for a senior team. like seriously? you shouldnt be putting up people that are 90 lbs if your senior 5

i feel like age doesnt matter, but appearence does. someone said earlier that really small flyers on a senior team is a turn off and its definitely true. if a team does really difficult stunts but has baby flyers its not at all impressive but if they did that with "normal" size flyers it would be. like seriously?! if youre a senior 5 team you should be able to lift girls that arent 90 lbs and do hard stunts with them.

i feel like age doesnt matter, but appearence does. someone said earlier that really small flyers on a senior team is a turn off and its definitely true. if a team does really difficult stunts but has baby flyers its not at all impressive but if they did that with "normal" size flyers it would be. like seriously?! if youre a senior 5 team you should be able to lift girls that arent 90 lbs and do hard stunts with them.

i dont think age matters, but in my opinion their appearance does. someone said earlier that using small flyers is a turn off and its definitely true. teams doing really hard stunts with is not impressive at all with little babies as it is with a "normal" size flyer for a senior team. like seriously? you shouldnt be putting up people that are 90 lbs if your senior 5

But what about a 90 lb 17 year old Are you saying that regardless of age some people are just too small to fly.

But what about a 90 lb 17 year old Are you saying that regardless of age some people are just too small to fly.

and what about a 12 year old base? why does no one have a problem with that 12 year old?

Back