All-Star Anyone From Cheer Excess On The Board?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

12stepCheermom - she's unbelievably talented. My mother is a painter, and I have some of hers in my room back at her house. I'd want to take one for my apt, but I'd doubt she'd ever part with her babies lol. Plus some of them are HUGE. Our house is basically her photo/painting gallery. My brother finally convinced her to take down the ones of my sister and I in the hallway- they're in front of his door, and they're all artfully covered nudes. He wasn't too happy about that lol

I went on my 2 1/2 week backpacking extravaganza. Our hostel was by the Sorbonne..we'd gotten lost on the way back there, but that area is FANTASTIC. A friend and I decided to go for a walk, turned a corner, and ran smack into Notre Dame lol. Because I was technically an 'EU Student' (I was studying at a college in the EU and my visa said as much), I was able to get into TONS of places for free: Versailles, the Louvre, we got a discount at l'Arc de Triomphe, etc. I would love to live there for a bit..just stroll down the Champs Elysee and drink coffee lol.

I went on my 2 1/2 week backpacking extravaganza. Our hostel was by the Sorbonne..we'd gotten lost on the way back there, but that area is FANTASTIC. A friend and I decided to go for a walk, turned a corner, and ran smack into Notre Dame lol. Because I was technically an 'EU Student' (I was studying at a college in the EU and my visa said as much), I was able to get into TONS of places for free: Versailles, the Louvre, we got a discount at l'Arc de Triomphe, etc. I would love to live there for a bit..just stroll down the Champs Elysee and drink coffee lol.

I'm super jealous. I took 6 years of french in middle/high school (through AP) and two years of advanced french in college and looked into studying abroad. The woman told me I couldn't do the program at the Sorbonne because I knew too much french and needed to be immersed in the language with real french students. I would have gone to one of the Universités de Paris, but unfortunately, none of the CS (informatique) classes there would have counted for my major back home. Still hoping to get back there some day (told the boy we would go for our honeymoon so he could see the French Open at Roland Garros hahaha).

I'm super jealous. I took 6 years of french in middle/high school (through AP) and two years of advanced french in college and looked into studying abroad. The woman told me I couldn't do the program at the Sorbonne because I knew too much french and needed to be immersed in the language with real french students. I would have gone to l'Université Paris - Dauphine, but unfortunately, none of the CS (informatique) classes there would have counted for my major back home. Still hoping to get back there some day (told the boy we would go for our honeymoon so he could see the French Open at Roland Garros hahaha).

I took 6 in middle/HS and two semesters in college. I'm absolute pants at it now, which is a shame. I need a program to just talk to me every day while I'm on the computer. The words are there, I just can't always put them together properly in my head. Plus I know very formal french, not a lot of slang..when the first of us got there, I was the only one who spoke any french. The other two learned basic words to function. In the rest of our group that joined us later, we had two french canadians. We were pretty set lol

I had originally wanted to study abroad there as well, but ran into the same problem (wasn't sure I'd know enough for my classes, plus I would have had to find an apt on my own once I got there- not super ok with that lol). Luckily, in Ireland, they do all their finals at the end of the year, and have a month off to study. I only had two finals, hence our backpacking extravaganza lol. On the other hand- NEVER TRY TO TRAVEL WITH MORE THAN 4 PEOPLE. It's a nightmare, trust me.

Just cause I'm gonna brag on my 12 year old CP here... This was her first canvas...
179529_3412532555038_829447517_n.jpg

This was her second (and still my favorite):
391452_3515337845106_1161766330_n.jpg

And this is the one from this weekend. Im' not a big fan of still ife sort of stuff, but I really liked this one):
318344_3617555400481_1113673670_n.jpg

Needless to say our two story foyer is the "art gallery" for her originals :)
Is there anything your 2 CPs can't do?! Between cheer, tumbling and art, I'm beginning to think you're some kind of super-parent!
(P.S. Not deleting the pics for space because I like them too much :p)

Is there anything your 2 CPs can't do?! Between cheer, tumbling and art, I'm beginning to think you're some kind of super-parent!
(P.S. Not deleting the pics for space because I like them too much :p)
Baha! Not me, them. I just pay the bills and make sure they stay focused on what THEY say they want in life...which is cheer, art and the united states air force academy :)

i'm not from cheer excess but i know alot of people on the team. one of the kindest teams ive ever met!
do you have facebook? i can ask them to add your daughter so they can already talk.

oh and if she likes, your cp can do a little 4 hour trip towards the north and meet my team too:))

and that's not only an invite for you cp, any fierceboarded are always welcome to visit my team.

i'm not from cheer excess but i know alot of people on the team. one of the kindest teams ive ever met!
do you have facebook? i can ask them to add your daughter so they can already talk.

Did they go to Worlds? I chatted in the security line at the airport with some girls who were on Team France/an IO(C?)6 team and they were very sweet.

This is awesome! My cp actually wants French lessons because she wants to go to International Circus school is Montreal! All instruction is in French! Congrats to your baby!!

Ok I'm googling this right now. I've never heard of it but it sounds like the coolest thing EVER.

Aaah Paris. It's a beautiful city. She's going to LOVE it there..

I've never been. :( Just a little side vent. I was supposed to go for my first time ever last December for Christmas. Boss said no, so I put in a request for the week AFTER Christmas. Which she also denied, saying she just couldn't live without me that week....and then proceeded to lay me off the day after Christmas, one day before I would have been leaving. :banghead: So the end of that story is: clearly she could have lived without me that week since she did. I hate her. :p

...But someday

12stepCheermom I'm sorry your thread is 2 pages and you still haven't found anyone from Cheer Excess! :oops:

I do, I posted on their wall yesterday and my daughter ended up posting in the comments (I tagged her in the post with her coaches) so we've seen a few faces from the likes and the comments.

oh and if she likes, your cp can do a little 4 hour trip towards the north and meet my team too:))

and that's not only an invite for you cp, any fierceboarded are always welcome to visit my team.
What team is that, I bet they would!

I do, I posted on their wall yesterday and my daughter ended up posting in the comments (I tagged her in the post with her coaches) so we've seen a few faces from the likes and the comments. + What team is that, I bet they would!
oh ok, talk with Lynda, Suzy, Karell, Florent (who competed at so you think you can tumble during cheersport in ATL), Julien,... they are all so kind!

my team is in belgium

As like the rest, I am not from cheer excess But I traveled there last summer for cheer and met quite a few of them! They are lovely people and so kind! Some of them can really tumble! its great! If you'd like I can msg them on facebook for anything you'd need? anything to help :)

As like the rest, I am not from cheer excess But I traveled there last summer for cheer and met quite a few of them! They are lovely people and so kind! Some of them can really tumble! its great! If you'd like I can msg them on facebook for anything you'd need? anything to help :)

You can just let them know that the little 12 year old American coming over the week of November 19 is SO FREAKIN EXCITED to meet them! She's planning to bring some tees so if anyone wants to claim one early I'll need some sizes :)

Back