All-Star April 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

people are pissed at the twitter for "ruining their senior year". I for one am glad to see CA take this so seriously. if i were a parent and i found out an athlete was coming to practice high and putting my child at risk, i would lose it
I've heard (not officially just through the rumor mill) it was just for that comp not permanently.

Was the photo even that widely shared. I don't use my Twitter account a whole lot but I follow a lot of Cali athletes, as well as a random cheer cali anon....
Curiousity gets the best of me sometimes...
We saw it in the UK, so I'd say that's quite a wide share

I've heard (not officially just through the rumor mill) it was just for that comp not permanently.
I hope you're wrong and the kids are done there for forever. Why would you even want that back in your gym, around your kids, and/or representing your business?

If its true then its not that surprising, just disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I hope you're wrong and the kids are done there for forever. Why would you even want that back in your gym, around your kids, and/or representing your business?

Also if that's true how many kids would look at that and think they could get away with it too?

Also if that's true how many kids would look at that and think they could get away with it too?
I absolutely agree! But you know... globe?>valuable life lesson?

I didn't see the picture but so I'm basing this statement on the assumption the drug in question is weed.

Cali is a state where recreational weed is legal for adults, so if one of their athletes posted them doing weed on social media in uniform/practice wear I would assume they would punish the athlete the same way they would if the athlete had been drinking in the photo or smoking cigarettes.
I would hope it would be a forever ban. If a kid is already making bad decisions removing a positive influence won't encourage them to stop the negative behavior, it will actually encourage them to continue to do it (because what do they have to lose).
I would take them off for the season and tell them that if they want to come back they have to come to every practice and not participate and then I would let them be an alternate for the next season if they did that.

IMO they're more likely to actually change their behavior if they have a motivating factor to do so, and the team peer pressuring them to clean up their act would be a powerful driving force lol

I didn't see the picture but so I'm basing this statement on the assumption the drug in question is weed.

Cali is a state where recreational weed is legal for adults, so if one of their athletes posted them doing weed on social media in uniform/practice wear I would assume they would punish the athlete the same way they would if the athlete had been drinking in the photo or smoking cigarettes.
I would hope it would be a forever ban. If a kid is already making bad decisions removing a positive influence won't encourage them to stop the negative behavior, it will actually encourage them to continue to do it (because what do they have to lose).
I would take them off for the season and tell them that if they want to come back they have to come to every practice and not participate and then I would let them be an alternate for the next season if they did that.

IMO they're more likely to actually change their behavior if they have a motivating factor to do so, and the team peer pressuring them to clean up their act would be a powerful driving force lol

You all are forgetting that 18 year olds can have prescriptions for marijuana, too. It's totally legal. Don't know about this particular case, but more and more doctors are prescribing it. I think it may be safer than traditional pain meds like oxycodone.

One of my former student takes it for pain and seizures and it is waaaay more effective. FYI

You all are forgetting that 18 year olds can have prescriptions for marijuana, too. It's totally legal. Don't know about this particular case, but more and more doctors are prescribing it. I think it may be safer than traditional pain meds like oxycodone.

One of my former student takes it for pain and seizures and it is waaaay more effective. FYI

Here in Colorado I hear from nurses in oncology and in mental health that it's effective for anxiety and a lack of appetite.
I really want more studies to be done on it and it's long term effects and it sucks that isn't happening.

you still need to be 21 in California, which they're not. they were also smoking out of a bong, which tells me it's likely not for prescription. even if, it's still in a car, in a public place, before a highly competitive and dangerous sport. as well as wearing gym apparel. and THEY posted this picture initially, on their "finstas"

I don't think they should be banned for life, but for the rest of the season is fair. (In my opinion)

people are pissed at the twitter for "ruining their senior year". I for one am glad to see CA take this so seriously. if i were a parent and i found out an athlete was coming to practice high and putting my child at risk, i would lose it

Listen.

If I were found to be using drugs and got kicked off the cheer team I wouldn't be worried about my senior season.

I'd be worried about my mom.

And how I'm going to salvage the teeth she knocked out.

#crazyblackmomprobs

lol @ finstas and "private" accounts. every time i come across them, those "private" accounts have hundreds or thousands of followers. if photos are leaked when they're simply shared with one person (nude gf photo to bf), it should be expected that the pics from the "private" instas and twitters, with hundreds and thousands of followers, would also get leaked. there's sites literally dedicated to exposing girls nudes ("private" photos sent to bfs) on various sites. why anyone would think a photo like this wouldn't get spread is beyond me. especially in a very socially vindictive and competitive environment. there's always someone wanting to out you and see you fail. were they high when they thought of posting pics of themselves getting high? lol.

weed is nothing to me and id rather have it replace all of alcohol. however, it's still taboo and it's still illegal for people under a certain age or without or script here in cali and other like-minded and lawfully similar states. and it's still very irresponsible to do it right before a competition or practice. people are depending on you to be clear headed so that you, as a flyer or base, dont screw up and injure someone. if someone wants to smoke after practice/comp while hanging out, blah, whatever. before practice/comps, that's just dumb and is asking for something bad to happen.

if someone wants to smoke after practice/comp while hanging out, blah, whatever. before practice/comps, that's just dumb and is asking for something bad to happen.
this. so much! And why oh why the need to take pictures of yourself taking a hit from a bong? why? I mean that in itself shows you are clearly just too immature to be doing it.
note to all teenagers (and many adults)- something can happen in your life for real without need for a picture/tweet/insta/finsta/whatever post especially when it is a potentially illegal activity you are picturing (I don't know how old they were in this photo and whether either/both possessed a medical marijuana card)

you still need to be 21 in California, which they're not. they were also smoking out of a bong, which tells me it's likely not for prescription. even if, it's still in a car, in a public place, before a highly competitive and dangerous sport. as well as wearing gym apparel. and THEY posted this picture initially, on their "finstas"

I don't think they should be banned for life, but for the rest of the season is fair. (In my opinion)
Umm FYI, I lived in Cali at 19 and no you don't. Also people with medical cards still smoke from bongs. I'm in no way saying it's okay, but I also want to make sure what we're saying is correct. Some things have negative connotations to them, but they might not necessarily be as bad as it's made out to be. Pictures of said events are never okay, but you can get a medical card at 18, and people still do all forms of doing it not just vaporizorss. Sorry if that too much.

Back