OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ragan had ankle surgery in October and they said she'll change her floor after American Cup

Smith ready to lead U.S. women at 2017 AT&T American Cup | American Cup

Thank god! That thing needed to go, like yesterday.

For a newbie to elite and her first international assignment, Riley did okay imo. Obviously it wasn't perfect, but I think there's a lot of potential there, and she doesn't need to be perfect yet.

Very impressed with both of the guys though! Nice to see some "fresh" faces out there for the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Wolf's turns are the most "weebles wobble but they won't fall down " on earth for me. I can't stand them for the most part, rarely are they neat and clean.

2. Ragan looks the same size to me, but let's pretend she has grown since she's now 6 months older than she was in August....can she please get new floor music and choreography? This whole cutesy Adams Family routine with rear end pops and wiggles...it's gotta go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed times a million. I will never, ever be able to take her seriously as an elite gymnast until it does. I don't care if she becomes the best gymnast in the world---it's not happening with that darn floor routine.

American Cup results for women
1 Ragan Smith United States 56.099
2 Asuka Teramoto Japan 54.231
3 Melaine De Jesus dos Santos France 53.899
4 Kim Bui Germany 53.632
5 Riley McCusker United States 52.966
6 Yufen Xie China 51.599
7 Tisha Volleman Netherlands 49.266
8 Emily Whitehead Australia 148.399
9 Amy Tinkler Great Britain 39.566

I didn't get to see any of Amy Tinkler, what happened to her? Rough day?

So Oleg Verniaev and Donnell Whittenburg have been announced amongst the male line up for London's World Cup. I really hope it doesn't change since I'm going to watch and would love to see them in action!

Her floor routine > Ragan's floor routine

When an 8 year old child has a more mature floor routine than a 16 year old elite gymnast. It makes me wonder what Raegan's personality is like, considering that most coaches choreograph routines to "fit the personality" of their gymnast.

When an 8 year old child has a more mature floor routine than a 16 year old elite gymnast. It makes me wonder what Raegan's personality is like, considering that most coaches choreograph routines to "fit the personality" of their gymnast.

That's a Texas Dreams leo--same gym as Ragan--hmm.

Ragan seems pretty normal on her Instagram.

Yes, but the beads thing still has me wondering.

I think the athletes coached by Kim always have "cutesy" routines. I mean she had what 17/18 year old Bailie doing penguin slides across the floor in a tuxedo/penguin leo. Her routines were always more... "theatrical," if you will, and I don't know if she's stuck in that mindset or that's what she thought Bela liked or what but she definitely continues to use elements of her performance style in her senior elite girls' routines.

Even when Ragan gets a new routine I still expect it to be cutesy/theatrical/whatever because that's what she's used to and she doesn't leave that comfort zone much as a coach (not that she isn't a great coach.)

personally i think its because kim is still stuck in the 90's. The tumbling elements are obviously there, but the dance movements are very reminiscent of the 90's which makes its seem cutesy and childlike in a way compared to what we've been use to seeing since the early 2000's

Back