OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Part of Mattie Larson’s account as summarised by @thegymterdotnet on Twitter:
Mattie Larson, a member of the 2010 worlds team, is speaking now. She was first abused at her first U.S. nationals at age 14, and was abused until she retired from elite.

At one camp she dislocated both ankles and he molested her but didn't even wrap her ankles. She crawled or got around on a rolling chair, and he abused her on a table behind the couch as her friends watched TV.

Mattie also calls out Debbie van Horn for being there with Larry. Debbie is still working as a trainer with USAG.

"I was taking a bath when I decided to splash water on the floor and bang my head as hard as I could on the tub so it looked like I slipped. I thought injuring myself was the only way I could get out of going to camp."

"I had never felt so small and disposable in my life." -Mattie re: 2010 worlds. Teammates tried to lift her spirits but she calls out Valeri Liukin as one of the adults who made her feel invisible and hopes that he's changed so the current gymnasts never have to feel like her.

"Martha, did you keep Larry around because he was a good doctor? Or did you keep him around because you knew he'd let us compete while injured and keep your secrets?"

"Larry, I can't even put into words how much I f---ing hate you." -Mattie Larson

"There is another way. A healthy and supportive way to make champions."

Part of Mattie Larson’s account as summarised by @thegymterdotnet on Twitter:
Mattie Larson, a member of the 2010 worlds team, is speaking now. She was first abused at her first U.S. nationals at age 14, and was abused until she retired from elite.

At one camp she dislocated both ankles and he molested her but didn't even wrap her ankles. She crawled or got around on a rolling chair, and he abused her on a table behind the couch as her friends watched TV.

Mattie also calls out Debbie van Horn for being there with Larry. Debbie is still working as a trainer with USAG.

"I was taking a bath when I decided to splash water on the floor and bang my head as hard as I could on the tub so it looked like I slipped. I thought injuring myself was the only way I could get out of going to camp."

"I had never felt so small and disposable in my life." -Mattie re: 2010 worlds. Teammates tried to lift her spirits but she calls out Valeri Liukin as one of the adults who made her feel invisible and hopes that he's changed so the current gymnasts never have to feel like her.

"Martha, did you keep Larry around because he was a good doctor? Or did you keep him around because you knew he'd let us compete while injured and keep your secrets?"

"Larry, I can't even put into words how much I f---ing hate you." -Mattie Larson

"There is another way. A healthy and supportive way to make champions."

I was wondering how long it would take for the gymnasts to start calling out people other than Larry Nassar. Glad to see it didn't take long.

is martha karolyi even involved in his trial and sentencing, i do think its odd how i havent heard her name mentioned as much through out this whole thing.

is martha karolyi even involved in his trial and sentencing, i do think its odd how i havent heard her name mentioned as much through out this whole thing.
I think Mattie, Aly, Jamie Dantzscher, Miss Val and a few others have called her out for the culture she created that allowed the abuse to happen. She might not be directly mentioned as much because I believe a majority of survivors are from Twistars and/or MSU and they might not have had much to do with the Karolyis. The former National Team members have certainly spoken up about the toxic culture at USAG and I've basically taken that to mean Marta.

Personally, I think Marta knew what he was doing and just didn't care. Even if she didn't, she's still at fault for creating such a toxic environment at the Ranch.

I think Mattie, Aly, Jamie Dantzscher, Miss Val and a few others have called her out for the culture she created that allowed the abuse to happen. She might not be directly mentioned as much because I believe a majority of survivors are from Twistars and/or MSU and they might not have had much to do with the Karolyis. The former National Team members have certainly spoken up about the toxic culture at USAG and I've basically taken that to mean Marta.

Personally, I think Marta knew what he was doing and just didn't care. Even if she didn't, she's still at fault for creating such a toxic environment at the Ranch.
I hesitate to say that she absolutely knew but I can't see how she could have not at least heard talk. It does seem like a lot of people turned a blind/ stuck their heads in the sand. I do agree that the culture on the ranch was toxic and honestly I don't see how anyone was okay with that.

I think in the back of our heads, we always knew the Karolyis carried their camps in a very shady manner. When Mattie Larson made her statement about how Marta could've kept Nassar because he allowed them to compete injured, it left me speechless... not because it was shocking, but it was because it was completely believable and it was something that never occurred to me.

The part about Valeri Liukin doesn't surprise me either, his coaching style is archaic and breaking Katelyn Ohashi basically confirmed it.

Can you imagine intentionally hurting yourself because you were trying to avoid attending something? I've been desensitised over the days with so many statements, but Mattie Larson's one really got to me; couldn't stop tears from streaming down my face.

Anyway, final day:
Live from court: Day 7 of Larry Nassar sentencing hearing
Rachael Denhollander will be making the final victim-impact statement of this sentencing hearing.

40-175 years doesn't seem long enough, but I'm thankful that everyone who wanted to speak could speak and there is literally no chance he's ever getting out.

40-175 years doesn't seem long enough, but I'm thankful that everyone who wanted to speak could speak and there is literally no chance he's ever getting out.

It's upsetting that "justice" really can't be served here.... at least not by doing anything legally.

I'll give him 5 years before he kills himself or someone else does.

Back