OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I felt like minus any injuries it'd be Simone, Gabby, Aly, and Maggie with the 5th being an up in the air wildcard from any of the 5432 phenomenal girls we have to choose from... and then I look at Laurie Hernandez and Jazmyn Foberg's instagrams with little snippets of what they're working on and I have a hard time believing they won't be on the team and then I get really stressed out.

I like your list but would drop Aly. I will say if Simone has a Weiber like Rio I will cry real tears for that girl.

I like your list but would drop Aly. I will say if Simone has a Weiber like Rio I will cry real tears for that girl.
I don't think Aly is out entirely, but I do think she has the most ground to make up. She needs to clean up that amanar (or drop it for a cleaner, easier vault). And just clean up in general. I know she's capable of big things, but I think she has a lot to prove before trials.

Not sure what will happen with Madison. She's very good on bars, yes. I mean this in the least offensive way possible (because I love her) but she doesn't offer too much outside of that. She's not a clear cut of a winner on that apparatus like Maroney was on vault...even though we all know how that turned out.

All in all, it's going to be a verrrrrry interesting year. And I can't wait!

I don't think Aly is out entirely, but I do think she has the most ground to make up. She needs to clean up that amanar (or drop it for a cleaner, easier vault). And just clean up in general. I know she's capable of big things, but I think she has a lot to prove before trials.

Not sure what will happen with Madison. She's very good on bars, yes. I mean this in the least offensive way possible (because I love her) but she doesn't offer too much outside of that. She's not a clear cut of a winner on that apparatus like Maroney was on vault...even though we all know how that turned out.

All in all, it's going to be a verrrrrry interesting year. And I can't wait!

Maybe Madison has a Romanian parent......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ErinS @gofriars610 @cheerKT , I hope this clears up the issue of size and weight of at least one of the members of the Chinese women's team:
The Story of Shang Chunsong - A Girl’s Brave Struggle Against Adversities

... and this is why Sam Oldham doesn't deserve a spot on the Great Britain men's team:
Untitled.png

This tweet was in reference to Shang, he deleted it after but never made an apology.

Last edited:
@ErinS @gofriars610, I hope this clears up the issue of size and weight of at least one of the members of the Chinese women's team:

... and this is why Sam Oldham doesn't deserve a spot on the Great Britain men's team:
Untitled.png

This tweet was in reference to Shang, he deleted it after but never made an apology.

It's a shame really, he should know better. However I am sad he didn't make the worlds team!!

@ErinS @gofriars610 @cheerKT , I hope this clears up the issue of size and weight of at least one of the members of the Chinese women's team:

Untitled.png

I mean I read that earlier this week or another article about her life and while if true it certainly is a sad tale....it doesn't change the fact that across the board Chinese gymnasts are historically beyond tiny. An explanation for one doesn't change much with the reality has been for years is that they're just that size.

Also as pointed out in either that article or another one, Nastia Luikin once tweeted questioning her size, with Aly Raisman and Jordyn Weiber co-signing....I wouldn't go as far as to say Sam's tweet is is why he doesn't deserve a spot on the team, because if that's the case Viktoria Komova is undeserving and Carlotta Ferlito is especially undeserving because she's a straight up racist in my book

But questioning the size of a gymnast in a sport where that country (and others) has been known to "allegedly" be deceptive.....I'm not exactly up in arms over it.

I mean I read that earlier this week or another article about her life and while if true it certainly is a sad tale....it doesn't change the fact that across the board Chinese gymnasts are historically beyond tiny. An explanation for one doesn't change much with the reality has been for years is that they're just that size.

Also as pointed out in either that article or another one, Nastia Luikin once tweeted questioning her size, with Aly Raisman and Jordyn Weiber co-signing....I wouldn't go as far as to say Sam's tweet is is why he doesn't deserve a spot on the team, because if that's the case Viktoria Komova is undeserving and Carlotta Ferlito is especially undeserving because she's a straight up racist in my book

But questioning the size of a gymnast in a sport where that country (and others) has been known to "allegedly" be deceptive.....I'm not exactly up in arms over it.

Co-signed. Not the best move to publicly question it but it's not at all the first time it's happened. See: Worlds 2013 with some very popular US gymnasts. And if that should eliminate someone from team contention Ferlito should no long be allowed to compete at the elite level.

Inspiring story about Chunsong though. She's a great gymnast.

...However I am sad he didn't make the worlds team!!
..I wouldn't go as far as to say Sam's tweet is is why he doesn't deserve a spot on the team...
And if that should eliminate someone from team contention Ferlito should no long be allowed to compete at the elite level.
I apologise, of course I don't believe an athlete should be removed from the roster to compete for their country just because of something they posted on social media. I sort of loosely said it; not serious. If Sam is good enough and needed then he will make the team.. but I still wish he would, at the very least, write an apology.

Not allegedly, they've been confirmed to have cheated in 2000: China loses Olympic medal over underage gymnast - USATODAY.com

North Korea also reportedly had a girl who may have been as young as 10 compete back in the late 80s/early 90s. They've also fudged up ages in recent years, which is why they were banned from London.

Not allegedly, they've been confirmed to have cheated in 2000: China loses Olympic medal over underage gymnast - USATODAY.com

North Korea also reportedly had a girl who may have been as young as 10 compete back in the late 80s/early 90s. They've also fudged up ages in recent years, which is why they were banned from London.

I know. I was being generous with my "allegedly" since 2008 is what I'm most salty about and we've yet to get an admission.

I know. I was being generous with my "allegedly" since 2008 is what I'm most salty about.

I have a theory that one of them will trip up eventually and it will all be sorted. 2020, maybe?

apparently she grew up in poverty and that's why she's so teeny tiny. Not 100% I buy that (considering China's history with age falsification), but that's the line right now.

It's something I had never really thought about until one of my cp's had a girl that was adopted from China on her team. She said, it is common for girls to be abandoned on the streets as infants and toddlers because of the one child law. They are put into orphanages and when they are adopted, or passed several times to family or friends without kids, estimations are made on age. She said it is very common for birth records to be non-existent on females in China so, honestly, you have to wonder how they police female age verification.

It's something I had never really thought about until one of my cp's had a girl that was adopted from China on her team. She said, it is common for girls to be abandoned on the streets as infants and toddlers because of the one child law. They are put into orphanages and when they are adopted, or passed several times to family or friends without kids, estimations are made on age. She said it is very common for birth records to be non-existent on females in China so, honestly, you have to wonder how they police female age verification in China.

I know with He Kexin and some of the other girls on the 2008 team, their ages had been reported as "13" repeatedly before 2007, when they were suddenly "15."

I think there's a big difference between the quality of birth records for elite female athletes in China (who have to have been issued a birth permit prior to their birth and presumably were well-cared for) and girls who likely were born illegally and abandoned/placed into an orphanage. (Side note: the one-child policy is the most horrendous law in the entire world.)

(Side note: the one-child policy is the most horrendous law in the entire world.)
Well, you'll be glad to know that they recently (like last week) just lifted the ban on having more than one child.

They use to have a rule whereby if both parents were the only child in their family (which a lot of them are since one-child policy was introduced during late gen-X/early gen-Y), they're allowed to have two children. Also, I believe families didn't have to completely abandon their second child, they just had to pay a fine... a hefty one in which parents in the low to middle income range would not be able to afford. I actually have no idea what would have happened if they didn't pay the fine and authorities found out...

Sorry for derailing!!

Well, you'll be glad to know that they recently (like last week) just lifted the ban on having more than one child.

They use to have a rule whereby if both parents were the only child in their family (which a lot of them are since one-child policy was introduced during late gen-X/early gen-Y), they're allowed to have two children. Also, I believe families didn't have to completely abandon their second child, they just had to pay a fine... a hefty one in which parents in the low to middle income range would not be able to afford. I actually have no idea what would have happened if they didn't pay the fine and authorities found out...

Sorry for derailing!!

Ha, it wasn't lifted--just amended to two kids/family. Chinese women do not have full reproductive freedom at all.

If they didn't pay the fine the authorities would kidnap the pregnant woman and force her to undergo an abortion at between six and nine months gestation. (I write about things like this for a living.) Alternatively, a person found to be pregnant without a birth permit may have their house knocked down by the government.

Back