OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
A four-way tie? What a twist!
I'm really looking forward to seeing them all squish onto that podium.

Only got to see beam finals so far today - guess that girl from Netherlands proved that it's possible to have a high scoring elite beam routine w/ more dance skills vs. death defying acro moves. Her turns were beautiful and insanely difficult.

Nice to see Komova fight to stay on for her full this time.

I saw them introduce the gymnasts for the first time this morning - it was so cool. Loved how they said "you know who she is - Simone Biles!" when Simone came out :).

ETA - CP just corrected me that both aeriels were good leg. Still impressive cause changing directiom on the beam, but not as Wowsa as a bad leg aerial ;).

Last edited:
Yeah, it's nowhere near as big of a tragedy to the score as many announcers dramatize it to be. .1/.3 is very small in the grand scheme of an E score.
If they have a very similar D score to a couple other gymnasts, it can be. Also depending on men/women, it can mean the difference between bronze/silver :p (you know, assuming it's not Simone involved lol).

Yeah, it's nowhere near as big of a tragedy to the score as many announcers dramatize it to be. .1/.3 is very small in the grand scheme of an E score.
Every tenth does count though, so I can see why such a big deal is made of it.

I'm so gutted for Shang and Miyakawa... I'm probably going to have the unpopular opinion on this, but Nichols' E-score was just a tad bit too high with all those leg separations and landings. I definitely thought Shang out-executed her... Shang's form in the air and landings were almost perfect, with legs pasted together and minimal to no traveling from where she landed.

so cool that Simone broke the record for most gold medals won at worlds with 10 today. not that I expected anything less, but still so exciting for her!
For women that is... but definitely the most in a single quad, regardless of sex, that's for sure.

Also, forgot to include how happy I am for Leyva... he really compose himself well today as compared to his performance during the, mostly disastrous, individual all-around final. He ended these championships on a good note with that silver in bars, hopefully it'll fuel his morale and motivation as we works towards Rio.

Verniaiev(UKR), Stepko(AZE) and Laduet(CUB) just booked themselves a spot at Rio. The Ukranian men's team still have a shot at Rio, so Verniaiev wasn't completely in danger, but Laduet and Stepko really needed those bronze medals. It would have been devastating if Laduet didn't make it even with a silver in the individual all-around (stupid, stupid, stupid rule that they don't award all-around medalist a berth to Rio (*pats Iordache*)).

Anyone know what Steingruber's status is? She jammed her knee during vault finals and was out of floor finals today (along with Fasana from Italy). Which coincidentally gave Shang, as a reserve, to compete and show us the best floor routine I've ever seen her do.

Last edited:
I still have no earthly idea who is going to Rio for the US women.

Apart from Simone, of course.

I felt like minus any injuries it'd be Simone, Gabby, Aly, and Maggie with the 5th being an up in the air wildcard from any of the 5432 phenomenal girls we have to choose from... and then I look at Laurie Hernandez and Jazmyn Foberg's instagrams with little snippets of what they're working on and I have a hard time believing they won't be on the team and then I get really stressed out.

Back