OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Full list of NCAA college signees. Lots of big names on this list! What a class for Florida.
Master List: Class Of 2016 NLI Signees - Gymnastike

Notably missing: Kyla Ross. I know she verbally committed to UCLA and she's already out of high school. She still maintains her amateur status. I wonder when she intends to actually start college (or if she even does anymore). Anyone know? I really think she could kick butt at that level with her cleanliness.
She's waiting until after Rio! According to some interviews at least.

Does that mean Maggie can't make a run for Rio? Or she can and then after this year, if she makes the team, she will no longer get scholarshipped/allowed to compete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's waiting until after Rio! According to some interviews at least.
But wouldn't she start next fall, meaning after Rio? I guess Rio would overlap a little in August and probably some media requirements through the fall (if she makes the team, of course). Maybe she intends to wait a full year after (or a semester)

Does that mean Maggie can't make a run for Rio? Or she can and then after this year, if she makes the team, she will no longer get scholarshipped/allowed to compete?

You can be on the Olympic team and still maintain your amateur status. Many girls have competed in the Olympics and gone on to compete NCAA. Most recently and notably, Bridget Sloan and Sam Peszek from the 2008 Olympics team. Bridget at Florida and Sam at UCLA. Brittany Rogers is a rising senior at UGA and still actively competes for Canada. Kyla competed in 2012 and kept her amateur status so she can still compete NCAA eventually. Taking money is what disqualifies you as an amateur, not competing internationally.

@cheerKT no MyKayla Skinner signing yet either. But it's only for the early period--there's still time I guess.

EDIT: wait, found it. Kyla and Madison Kocian (<3) signed last year and deferred.

Anna and Grace will join Olympic gold medalist Kyla Ross and current World uneven bars champion Madison Kocian in the Freshman Class of 2016-17. Ross and Kocian signed Letters of Intent during the last school year and deferred enrollment.

Full list of NCAA college signees. Lots of big names on this list! What a class for Florida.
Master List: Class Of 2016 NLI Signees - Gymnastike

Notably missing: Kyla Ross. I know she verbally committed to UCLA and she's already out of high school. She still maintains her amateur status. I wonder when she intends to actually start college (or if she even does anymore). Anyone know? I really think she could kick butt at that level with her cleanliness.
Holy effing heck. A girl from the town I grew up in is on the list. WHAT THE WHAT?!?!

Just saw this and it was too incredible not to share.

CXgJKPHWAAEJRb_.jpg:large

There's only one person on the US Junior National Team now as of today! So many talented new seniors, talented current seniors, and only five spots.

208ea429e4517ea31d64b5a11b4fd232.jpg

NBC Olympics knew what they were doing lol. #thirsttrap

(please note: I do not find anything about them or this picture attractive, but the comments on Facebook had me rolling )

208ea429e4517ea31d64b5a11b4fd232.jpg

NBC Olympics knew what they were doing lol. #thirsttrap

(please note: I do not find anything about them or this picture attractive, but the comments on Facebook had me rolling )

It's all so great until you google them and realize they are all like 5'5" (so offense to my short folks here)

Back