OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I am happy for her with all her injuries she didn't have a lot of changes for Rio but she will take some rest and deal with injuries before she starts NCAA carrer. Nia Dennis is also out for Rio with torn achiles
Missed that news. What a bummer =(

Speaking of gymnastics, figures the AT&T Cup is in NJ this year and I will not be in NJ :( I think just Maggie and Gabby will be there to represent the US Women, but I'd love to see them live.

I actually yelled out loud when I saw Horton was out for Rio. He IS US men's gymnastics to me. Sam Michaluk is coming back though, I saw some video out for him.

Poor Nia, she could always come back for Tokyo though. She's young enough.

I think Kyla did the smart thing. Her body looked like it was fighting to hold on and she was never a guarantee for Rio with all the other girls trying to come back plus the new girls. At least now she can continue and heal up without the stress.

I actually yelled out loud when I saw Horton was out for Rio. He IS US men's gymnastics to me. Sam Michaluk is coming back though, I saw some video out for him.

Poor Nia, she could always come back for Tokyo though. She's young enough.

I think Kyla did the smart thing. Her body looked like it was fighting to hold on and she was never a guarantee for Rio with all the other girls trying to come back plus the new girls. At least now she can continue and heal up without the stress.
Jake Dalton is back training again too after his shoulder surgery that kept him out of Worlds. The men's team should be much more experienced than 2012. I'm so sad for JHort though =( He's said online this won't stop him and he plans on being back ASAP!

John Orozco is also back competing after injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although Ross is out there are soooo many young junior elite team members that could fill that spot. Has Kyla been at karoylis lately for camp workout?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Although Ross is out there are soooo many young junior elite team members that could fill that spot. Has Kyla been at karoylis lately for camp workout?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

January. That's when she decided she was done.

Stacey Ervin, a formal national team member and multiple NCAA champion, has also announced his retirement. The Winter Cup in Las Vegas this weekend was his last competition.

Sorry for the double post, but...

... I also want to add that, in a recent interview in Russia, Komova did mention that she will retire after Rio. When Mustafina was presented with the question on her plans after Rio, she said she can't imagine continuing anymore... so it's not a definite yes to retirement, but quite likely. I'm guessing Afanasyeva and Paseka will retire too...

Looking at USA's MAG line-up for Rio, we'll most likely have the old guards from the previous quad with an exception of maybe one member... which means we could see retirement announcements from them. Then again, times have changed... we have male gymnast still staying in elite well into their 30s.

Latest posts

Back