OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think the team, as of right now is, Simone, Laurie, Aly, Madison and McKayla with alternates being Ragan, Maggie and x (I'd put Gabby here, but I don't think Marta would do that to her)

I wonder if she will pull a Nastia and retire is she's offered an alternate spot (didn't someone say this about Aly a few weeks ago? Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikayla redeemed herself tonight. They didn't show her beam but I guess she did well based on her placement.

My heart was breaking for Ashton when she fell off beam. So sad :/.

So did I see it right that Laurie beat Aly tonight?

I'm not sure what to think about Gabby.

Do alternates get to go to the games and participate in the opening ceremonies
They go but they don't stay in the village and they can't be in the opening ceremony. I'm really a mixed bag about this I'm so not a MyKayla fan and she didn't compete her Amanar which didn't help her case. Also they didn't average out the 2 vaults in the standings like they usually do or her score would be lower. Also Aly usually scores higher on beam than she did so I think that needs to go into consideration. But Gabbie was just sad I'm not happy with her performance at all. I think they need to have a serious chat with her to see if she even cares or would want to be alternate if it comes down to that. I don't know what Martha and company are going to choose. Part of me see them still taking Gabbie since she tends to peak at major events like Worlds and the Olympics. I think it's really going to come down to Sunday. I really think as long as Madison hits on Sunday she will be going now for sure. I've been cheering Madison on for 8 years now and actually wrote an argument research paper about Madison and Katelyn Ohashi and how the age limit should be changed 5 years ago when they were juniors so it would be really cool to see her make it after all these years. I'm definetly Team Madison.

it broke my heart that Ashton fell. And then they showed her crying.

Maggie falling off beam :(. Ugh no. I kind of fan girling her.

Last edited:
There's something about Skinner that I just don't like.
I have a lot of things I don't like about her but I've been following her closely for a very long time. One of my biggest things about her is she chucks skills. I also am not a fan of her personality at all but that's a whole dfferent conversation for a different day.

Mikayla redeemed herself tonight. They didn't show her beam but I guess she did well based on her placement.

My heart was breaking for Ashton when she fell off beam. So sad :/.

So did I see it right that Laurie beat Aly tonight?

I'm not sure what to think about Gabby.

Yes Laurie did amazing and deserves to be on the team, I personally think [emoji1]

Cm5S3isUcAEUgEY
If anybody missed or wanted to know the standings

My opinions on tonight (I missed a lot due to storms in my area and the news cutting in for storm updates)

Gabby is really pushing the line. I thought she was a shoe in but after tonight I don't know if I would take her. She seems mental.

Simone is the only one that fought to stay on that beam. Maggie, Gabby and Ashton all just fell without a fight. Annoyed me a little.

I wish they would give Reagan a more grown up floor routine. She's not 6. She actually impressed me skill wise tonight, and I wonder why she's never really talked about for team. Get rid of the bead stories and the baby choreo and I think she stands a better chance.

I've been team Ashton over Madison until tonight. Madison killed it and won me over.

Aly makes beam look so easy. I missed too much to know why she was in 3rd.

My opinions on tonight (I missed a lot due to storms in my area and the news cutting in for storm updates)

Gabby is really pushing the line. I thought she was a shoe in but after tonight I don't know if I would take her. She seems mental.

Simone is the only one that fought to stay on that beam. Maggie, Gabby and Ashton all just fell without a fight. Annoyed me a little.

I wish they would give Reagan a more grown up floor routine. She's not 6. She actually impressed me skill wise tonight, and I wonder why she's never really talked about for team. Get rid of the bead stories and the baby choreo and I think she stands a better chance.

I've been team Ashton over Madison until tonight. Madison killed it and won me over.

Aly makes beam look so easy. I missed too much to know why she was in 3rd.

Alys bar routine is just a "make it through it" routine. She's very sloppy and it's not that good. Laurie is having a great year!!

Aly had a big step on vault that went out of bounds, but besides for that no significant errors. Laurie had a mistake on bars too, so honestly I think it came down to Laurie just being better. Assuming both of them make the team, it will be interesting to see who gets that 2nd AA spot for the US at qualifications (provided they both get to do all 4 events). I'd imagine Aly would be pretty disappointed if she went back to the Olympics and didn't get to compete in the AA finals - hasn't she stated that's her major motivation - how she didn't get that AA medal in 2012?

I'd imagine Gabby having a similar disappointment about the AA.

Back