OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The more i read through this the more i confuse myself. Madison and simone on bars makes since for obvious reasons, gabby and laurie also make more since then aly.
I get aly is good, but she has the weakest bar score. I cant see marta putting aly over madison, simone and gabby. So that basically leaves it between aly and laurie. I mean has marta played favorites in the past when it comes to selecting athletes.

The more i read through this the more i confuse myself. Madison and simone on bars makes since for obvious reasons, gabby and laurie also make more since then aly.
I get aly is good, but she has the weakest bar score. I cant see marta putting aly over madison, simone and gabby. So that basically leaves it between aly and laurie. I mean has marta played favorites in the past when it comes to selecting athletes.
If Aly wants a shot at all around, she would have to compete on bars in qualifiers. Yes her score is low, so she wouldn't compete it in team finals.

Yeah - it will literally be up to Marta which of the 3 other AA-ers, besides for Simone, that she wants to "allow" to go for the AA in qualifying. She at least has to let 1 + Simone go so we have our 2 AA shots (cause as others have said whoever we have do AA will make the top scores), and we know all 4 of them aren't gonna get to do it cause of Madison bars and EF. So at least one, and possibly two, of Aly, Gabby and Laurie won't even get a shot at the AA.

I'm worried that Lauries the lowest on that totem pole just cause she's new and young, but maybe not. If came down to Aly vs. Gabby I'm not sure what Marta would do.

but can all five compete during qualifications on bars. i think thats where im confused.
No. Only four can compete on each apparatus during qualifications. Everyone who wants a shot at AA would have to do all four. Qualifications is also where you try to make event finals.

Simone and Aly will most likely try for AA, leaving two bars spots for qualifications. Obviously Madison will need to go on bars and then Gabby, since she's out next best bar worker. That locks up the four bar spots. In that case, if you want to have a third try for AA it would have to be Gabby, since Madison is not an all arounder.

If you don't want to have a third girl try for AA then this point is moot. But I would think we would want to send three like we did in 2012.

Last edited:
I think that Aly, gabby and Simone will compete for the all around

I think Laurie, Aly and Simone should compete for the all around. But that's not going to happen. If gabby is there for bars then that's all she wrote

Let's hope she gets her head right and I think she will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13615206_10154292150418164_3812075178474917420_n.jpg

Gabby's new Barbie

Gabby looks really pretty in that photo - more makeup than she usually wears, but she does look pretty.

Does Gabby truly have a shot at top 8 in bars qualifiers? I don't know international gymnasts as well, but if they only take 8 to EF, what are her chances, Truly?

Gabby looks really pretty in that photo - more makeup than she usually wears, but she does look pretty.

The foundation and powder are too light for her skin tone and the colors are too harsh. I'm willing to bet whoever did her make up isn't used to working on persons of color.

Also the flash did her wrong too

Sorry. That picture has been bothering me all day

She does look pretty though. But "casket sharp" pretty

Does Gabby truly have a shot at top 8 in bars qualifiers? I don't know international gymnasts as well, but if they only take 8 to EF, what are her chances, Truly?

I mean, she made bars finals last Olympics and I think her routine this time is just as difficult. However, who knows what the other countries are beinging this time versus last - you got to figure china and Russia will get their 2 and that leaves 3 spots after Madison. The coaches should be able to figure things out to some extent from the usual start values of the athletes on their teams. Ashton definitely would have made EF if she went, and she may have even got gold. Gabby will be lucky to make EF if she even gets the opportunity. They essentially gave up a medal when they didn't pick Ashton for the team Not sure I'd say Mykayla was as much of a lock for Vault EF as Ashton was on bars.

The foundation and powder are too light for her skin tone and the colors are too harsh. I'm willing to bet whoever did her make up isn't used to working on persons of color.

Also the flash did her wrong too

Sorry. That picture has been bothering me all day

She does look pretty though. But "casket sharp" pretty

Agreed

I think that Aly, gabby and Simone will compete for the all around

I think Laurie, Aly and Simone should compete for the all around. But that's not going to happen. If gabby is there for bars then that's all she wrote

Let's hope she gets her head right and I think she will

Under the comments on the picture, people were asking if she was paying someone to bleach her skin.

in case anyone wants to look at 2012 scores and set up for a frame of reference
7011054fef393b6bde07224099095294.png

McKayla is cut off with a 15.9 on vault

2b116f8a23faca7fba4d7649738b1e0d.png

It almost makes sense for Aly to just compete Vault, Floor and Beam. (Her bars score isn't needed and it's nothing to write home about)

Laurie, Simone and Gabby do all 4 events

Madison just do bars

Then for finals

Aly- vault, floor and beam
Gabby- bars
Simone- all four---or sit out bars
Laurie- all four or sit out bars
Madison- you know why you're here

It's not that I think Aly is a better gymnast than Laurie (or even Gabby). From what we saw last weekend, at this point Gabby wouldn't qualify for AA over either one of them. I just think Laurie will put up a better bars score in qualifying and Aly realistically can medal individually on vault, floor and beam

Back