OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i would say even gabby herself didnt think she was going to make it after her performance at trials.

Which is interesting because the "gyminternet" and for the most part the announcers (until they moved her down to the maybes ) seemed to think she was a lock no matter what her performance was

This article also says that Gabby, Madison and Laurie are scheduled to compete team finals for bars. I don't know if it's ever been the case for someone to compete an event in finals and not prelims but I'm going to go ahead and guess that if this article is accurate, Aly is out for AA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i thought gabby was originally from virginia, i wanna say the coaching changes have affected her dramatically. To hear that other coaches refused to train her probably does a number on you psychologically for a while. I would think after training with someone like chow it would be hard to find another coach similar to him (chow seemed to have a very positive, friendly vibe 24/7) so that may have something to do with her attitude change as well.
her family does come off as money hungry, i hope they realize her olympic win will only last for so long, and that it doesnt guarantee a lifetime worth of checks rolling in.
i mean to go buy a 7000 sq ft home seems a little ridic. After one or two olympic cycles people find a new phenom to idolize and sponsor, So i cant see that home lasting to long....

Gabby was indeed origianally from Virginia Beach. She has had a lot of coaching swaps and no gyms would take her after she left Chows other than Buckeye. Gabby's been at Excalibur(Start of career - 2010), Chows(2010-Olympics), she took bit of a break after the Olympics then went back to Chows(2013) after that her mom forced her to move to Calfornia when she was 17 and she trained at Waller's Gym Jam(2013-early 2014 I think) she then went back to Chows(2014) after that she left Chows and no one would take her other than Buckeye so she went to Ohio(July 2014-Current). I'm pretty sure Gabby's completely done after Rio because no one will take her.

Which is interesting because the "gyminternet" and for the most part the announcers (until they moved her down to the maybes ) seemed to think she was a lock no matter what her performance was

This article also says that Gabby, Madison and Laurie are scheduled to compete team finals for bars. I don't know if it's ever been the case for someone to compete an event in finals and not prelims but I'm going to go ahead and guess that if this article isn't accurate, Aly is out for AA

where does it say that in the article, i only skimmed through it.

Gabby was indeed origianally from Virginia Beach. She has had a lot of coaching swaps and no gyms would take her after she left Chows other than Buckeye. Gabby's been at Excalibur(Start of career - 2010), Chows(2010-Olympics), she took bit of a break after the Olympics then went back to Chows(2013) after that her mom forced her to move to Calfornia when she was 17 and she trained at Waller's Gym Jam(2013-early 2014 I think) she then went back to Chows(2014) after that she left Chows and no one would take her other than Buckeye so she went to Ohio(July 2014-Current). I'm pretty sure Gabby's completely done after Rio because no one will take her.
i wonder why no one likes taking on previous olympic athletes, you think gyms would jump at the chance. Or do gyms frown upon athletes jumping all over the place.

where does it say that in the article, i only skimmed through it.

7c84ddd8caaa44ffe79a4c94600b5c14.png

I still don't understand why the whole family *had* to move to California and interrupt training. Like Gabby went to the nickelodeon awards, and bam! they acted as if she was going to sign multi-million dollar acting deal the next day. Like that money from the gold medals and endorsements was burning a hole in their pockets and they needed to spend it all immediately and the fastest way was to get a mansion in Hollywood.

I understand the feeling of being indebted to your mom when she took out another mortgage on the house and made a million and one sacrifices for you to reach your goals, but she doesn't owe her a thing. Helping mom pay off the house or get something a little nicer is reasonable and something I would probably do in her shoes... but the whole family working for "Gabby Inc." while they sit around waiting for her to get more endorsements and gigs and a TV show for them is ridiculous. And while the internet estimates her current net worth at $3mil, it also states the deals she signed in 2012 were worth $10mil... if all true, that family has burned through $7 million dollars in ~3 years. Money that could have been invested to take care of Gabby for the rest of her life and any future goals she may make.

Now that she is an adult for these games, I hope no one in her family sees a cent of the money Team USA's medals bring her and any new endorsements get her. But who am I kidding? Her mom will take the majority.

i wonder why no one likes taking on previous olympic athletes, you think gyms would jump at the chance. Or do gyms frown upon athletes jumping all over the place.
I think there are a few reasons when Gabby originally was looking for a new gym she wanted to go WOGA(Nastia Liukin, Carly Patterson and Madison Kocians gym) but WOGA wouldn't take her out of loyalty. Like the cheer world the gym world is pretty close and these coaches live together one week of the month when they bring there athletes to camp. Also Gabby did not leave Excalibur in good standing at all this articles 4 years old but it explains mores of what happened.
For gymnast, it's Olympic dreams and hard feelings | Olympics | pilotonline.com
There's also a rumor she didn't leave Chows in good standing either. I think those are the big reason why.

I can understand why gyms may not want to take her on---her comments about her original coaches were not that flattering and the gymnastic's world is not that big.

As for her family, I wish she would cut the cord but I know she won't. Her mom disgusts me; her siblings I try not to fault as much because they're a byproduct, but her mom should know better.

I still don't understand why the whole family *had* to move to California and interrupt training. Like Gabby went to the nickelodeon awards, and bam! they acted as if she was going to sign multi-million dollar acting deal the next day. Like that money from the gold medals and endorsements was burning a hole in their pockets and they needed to spend it all immediately and the fastest way was to get a mansion in Hollywood.

I understand the feeling of being indebted to your mom when she took out another mortgage on the house and made a million and one sacrifices for you to reach your goals, but she doesn't owe her a thing. Helping mom pay off the house or get something a little nicer is reasonable and something I would probably do in her shoes... but the whole family working for "Gabby Inc." while they sit around waiting for her to get more endorsements and gigs and a TV show for them is ridiculous. And while the internet estimates her current net worth at $3mil, it also states the deals she signed in 2012 were worth $10mil... if all true, that family has burned through $7 million dollars in ~3 years. Money that could have been invested to take care of Gabby for the rest of her life and any future goals she may make.

Now that she is an adult for these games, I hope no one in her family sees a cent of the money Team USA's medals bring her and any new endorsements get her. But who am I kidding? Her mom will take the majority.
Her mom mooches off of Gabby as well as her siblings honestly it really disgusts me. I feel like they leave the weight of the world on Gabby and I can't believe her siblings can't get real jobs. Gabby has a agent and I don't see any other athletes with pro siblings making Michael Phelps Inc. for example. The money train is going to end real quickly and I worry that Gabby is going to go bankrupt when it ends. From what I've seen of there house it must be worth 5 million I mean they live in LA. I also don't understand why they needed to move to LA in the first place I mean Gabby doesn't even live there and I don't see other people moving to LA for deals. I just think Momma thought it would be nice to get away from Virginia Beach where the community didn't even like them after all that happened and ran off to greener more expensive pastures.

Maggie Nichols competed all four events in the world's finals but she did not compete bars in qualifying.

Why will no one take her.

I am now team #SwaggieMaggie for 2017 NCAA AA champion. I need a happy ending.
I'm really interested to see how Kyla will do in NCAA too! I think her clean and confident style will translate well to college.

Back