OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think they biggest surprise to me was no Gabby on vault. From what I've seen her DTY is slightly cleaner than Laurie's. But could have gone either way and In Martha I Trust.

Yep. Dying to watch AA to see them [emoji849]

c8a7743a14f873370e0ecbbbbdc761bf.png

I'm not saying they aren't good[emoji19] I'm just saying every girl we have to offer including 2 of our 3 alternates are better than most of the folks that qualified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not dying to see most of the qualifiers honestly, but it helps the growth of the sport to keep the top few countries from continued domination. That is why I think we need the rule.

If Laurie competed bars, she'd be 3rd. Gabby went, so she's 3rd. I don't fault the decision to let Gabby try for the AA. They both have the skills, but Gabby is the reigning champion. Laurie has the possibility of Tokyo, as long as she stays healthy. Look at what Kyla did in this quad...that's Laurie's path (hopefully without the retirement pre olympic year).

I'm not dying to see most of the qualifiers honestly, but it helps the growth of the sport to keep the top few countries from continued domination. That is why I think we need the rule.

As with all sports, I prefer to see the best compete against the best. With the AA I would like to see the top scorers. Not dying to see "most" of the qualifiers to me speaks volumes

I'd rather countries train harder. To be perfectly honest the country that looks better than they did in 2012 is USA. The only country that looks better than they did in 2008 is USA. (I will say Brazil looks better but I'm sure being the host nation helped) Making it easier for other countries to qualify to AA isn't changing the fact that other countries aren't improving as rapidly . What will happen after 2020 if qualifying teams of 4 doesn't work for other countries.

Yes America is one of the reasons the 2 per country exists. Then we started training differently

This article perfectly sums up why the rule is dumb.

Aly Raisman thinks ‘stupid’ two-per-country rule is the ‘dumbest thing ever’ | For The Win

Last edited:
US women's line up for tomorrow:

Vault: Laurie Aly Simone
Bars: Simone Gabby Madison
Beam: Aly Laurie Simone
Floor: Laurie Aly Simone
Ugh id be annoyed if i was her and laurie's coach... A lot of people have been saying cause veterans have the advantage and they are more reliable, blah blah blah. But lets be real gabby hasnt shown much reliability to begin with, so im confused why she was given the chance over laurie. I think if it would have been simone, laurie and aly. Laurie still might have beaten out aly for the all around spot, who knows. I hope shes able to pick up at least one individual medal in the end.

I'm soooo over the Gabby hate lol. She didn't make the all around. Laurie wouldn't have either. It's over with. :deadhorse:

In other news, looks like they bumped the men's team final to late night and I'm a little surprised. Medal or no medal, they still promised it in prime time and a lot of people were counting on watching it then.

So like, Ukraine could have just forfeited this. Feel bad for Switzerland.
Statement from Oleg Verniaiev explaining Ukraine's TF situation:
"Dear friends and fans of Rio Olympics 2016,
I would like to personally apologize for the situation in today’s team final competition. There was unpredictable circumstances. We found out that we won’t be competing as a full team 15 minutes prior to start of the competition when one of our team members came back from the hospital.
At that point we weren’t able to change our line up.
I would like to personally apologize in front of Switzerland team as well. I’m sure they were disappointed to see this situation tonight."

Just to clarify, you can't change your line-up once it's been set... so if someone who's slated to perform gets injured between line-up announcements and team finals, they'll have no choice by to forfeit.

Statement from Oleg Verniaiev explaining Ukraine's TF situation:
"Dear friends and fans of Rio Olympics 2016,
I would like to personally apologize for the situation in today’s team final competition. There was unpredictable circumstances. We found out that we won’t be competing as a full team 15 minutes prior to start of the competition when one of our team members came back from the hospital.
At that point we weren’t able to change our line up.
I would like to personally apologize in front of Switzerland team as well. I’m sure they were disappointed to see this situation tonight."

Just to clarify, you can't change your line-up once it's been set... so if someone who's slated to perform gets injured between line-up announcements and team finals, they'll have no choice by to forfeit.

Now this makes more sense. Didn't realize you couldn't change. Knowing this. Kinda sucks now

Now this makes more sense. Didn't realize you couldn't change. Knowing this. Kinda sucks now
To be honest, Ukraine has been struggling since 2012. I still feel sad for them after what happened in TF London (being pushed out of a medal right the end after Japan's inquiry was accepted).

They've lost a number of very valuable athletes since then due to the political and financial turmoil happening in their country; losing athletes like Kuksenkov, Stepko etc. all left Ukraine to represent other countries. Stepko, who represents Azerbaijan now along with his ex-Ukrainian teammate, Pakhnyuk, get paid a lot for every medal they bring back to Azerbaijian. Where else current Ukrainian athletes like Radilov and Verniaiev have to rely on winning small World Cup challenge events just to use the prize money to put food on their tables. Their in a dire situation, it's really sad... I hope they'll be able to hold up, they've already lost their women's team who were once very formidable competitors in the WAG arena.

All ready so excited for the women tonight! Missing the first hour and a half of the live stream because of work. The real question is do I watch the end of the live stream once I'm home (last half hour/45 mins ish) or do I wait to first watch at our gymnastic viewing party at 7 pm [emoji51][emoji51]. I'm thinking I'll check scores and if it's close I'll watch but if we are killing it again by 10 points then don't??

All ready so excited for the women tonight! Missing the first hour and a half of the live stream because of work. The real question is do I watch the end of the live stream once I'm home (last half hour/45 mins ish) or do I wait to first watch at our gymnastic viewing party at 7 pm [emoji51][emoji51]. I'm thinking I'll check scores and if it's close I'll watch but if we are killing it again by 10 points then don't??

I'd say wait til the viewing party - it'll be more fun!

My heart just tore in half for Danell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm secretly in love with him, I was so upset.

However, at the end of the day, they blew it on floor, the high bar score could have pulled them into 4th, however, they doubtfully would have hit the podium, such a shame :-(

I kinda wish they'd let Madison go on one event besides bars for kicks.

We have a 10-point lead. Who curs.

But we don't have a 10 point lead, scores are erased and while I'm sure any of the 5 can do any of the events and gold would be in their reach, it makes more sense to really shoot for consistency. ANYTHING can happen in the finals, I just believe the women are well conditioned enough to secure the gold without worry!

Back