OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Something that stood out to me was how close Laurie's beam and Aly's vault scores were to Simone's. I wonder if there is a chance that Laurie could win gold in beam EF? Hey - I'm just grasping for any possible upset/excitement I can find at this point - this team finals had to be the least exciting of my lifetime since I knew the whole time we'd win. Simone needed like a 7 on her floor routine. She probably could have done level 8 sills ;).

I could only find scores listed for overall team. Are all individual scores listed anywhere from today?

2bd648801a9832110d37e33feed7088c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ridiculous she had to comment on this. Out of the 5 she was the only one who technically did the right thing. You're only supposed to bring your hand across your chest for the pledge, not the national anthem.
Agree with all the above comments that her makeup was stunning and she looked beautiful.

I actually went and looked up the official "Code" for what to do and was surprised to see that according to the U.S. Code for the National Anthem, you are supposed to cross your heart with your right hand. I was always taught not to and even on post with my husband, you'd find an even mix of people standing at attention versus holding their hands up at their heart.

Still, I think it's a pretty thing to go after her for---she stood at attention and was respectful; it's not as if she turned her back or stomped on it. But definitely a lesson learned because I honestly didn't have a clue.

I was shocked at Spiridinova's score in UB. The ONLY event she's good at and she scores a friggin' 15.1. She could have made the scores a bit closer to USA's. Tsk.

I actually went and looked up the official "Code" for what to do and was surprised to see that according to the U.S. Code for the National Anthem, you are supposed to cross your heart with your right hand. I was always taught not to and even on post with my husband, you'd find an even mix of people standing at attention versus holding their hands up at their heart.

Still, I think it's a pretty thing to go after her for---she stood at attention and was respectful; it's not as if she turned her back or stomped on it. But definitely a lesson learned because I honestly didn't have a clue.
Interesting - that code was apparently adopted 1998 and modified again 2008. Those of us in school way back when were definitely taught differently - no hand on heart except during pledge.

Interesting - that code was apparently adopted 1998 and modified again 2008. Those of us in school way back when were definitely taught differently - no hand on heart except during pledge.

Like I said, I definitely don't do it for the National Anthem

To be honest America as a whole doesn't know what to do during the presentation of the colors.

How many times have you been at an event and seen people sit before the flags have left the floor? I was always taught to remain standing until they're gone

We aren't all on the same page....because ... 'Merica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong but the Girls did not really look that excited when they won. Then again i turned the stream off after a few minutes so maybe i missed the exciting part of awards
catching up since I had to work last night, but I watched the live feed yesterday - each individual event so that I could see each US routine. The girls were very excited throughout the competition, but the focus was more on how well each routine was hitting versus "winning" if that makes any sense. I think by the time the medal ceremony occurred (which I haven't seen yet), that was more of the expected part, especially since by the last rotation they could have all fallen twice and still won.

I won't even comment on the ridiculousness of the posts about Gabby. I had actually come on here to post about how genuinely happy she looked during the entire competition. I haven't seen her smile so much in years. She looked beautiful and I'm happy that she got to be happy for a few days before she gets fed back to her money grubbing family.

Now that the team final is over, I worry a bit about the future of women's gymnastics. I think the program will continue to be strong, but I don't think we will ever witness the dominance we are seeing now. I don't think Liukin is the right answer. Like them or not, the Karolyi's involvement has put USA gymnastics on a complete different level than the rest of the world.

GOOD LUCK to Chris and Sam tonight!

Hoping for clean routines from both. Sam could potentially contend for a medal if he just stays even and HITS.

Back