OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
yes she was, and overall she has been a good leader, but she has at times crossed the line telling everyone what to do, particularly the INDIVIDUAL all around gold medalist.
It looked like for the most part Simone was pulling Aly along for pictures, to be by her side, etc. There were definitely moments when I wanted Aly to step back and give Simone her space, but then either she did or Simone grabbed her again. Did I miss something?

I think unfortuantly gabby has opened the door wide open to get scrutinized, simply becuse thats what happens to anyone and everyone who sign themselves up to be on tv/reality show... Granted that might have been more her familys doing then hers, but it is what it is.
Gabby doesnt look happy half the time the cameras been on her for the past year, so its not surprising.
Maybe now that this is her final olympics she can go have a relaxing non stress life without worry.

And yeah wieber didnt look to thrilled during the all around final either.

personally though i feel like she should at least be some what happy with all that shes accomplished at this point, i mean the girl does have three olympic gold medals sitting at home right now. And the fact that she made the team with the disastrous performance at trials should be a nice enough reward to be like "hey ive already accomplished everything ive ever wanted, let me sit back and enjoy this moment and my teammates".

As far as aly, i cant fault her, she was beyond thrilled to place 2nd in the all around so she probably couldnt contain herself. simone just looked numb from actually winning so i doubt she cared about aly directing her around for photos.

Last edited:
yes she was, and overall she has been a good leader, but she has at times crossed the line telling everyone what to do, particularly the INDIVIDUAL all around gold medalist.

And just cause she won the captain vote, doesn't mean it was unanimous. Wasn't it close between her and Simone? Makes me think it was 3 to 2... Maybe Aly voted for herself and only and 2 of the remaining 4 vote for her? ;)

Or start going after Hope Solo for saying the Swedish soccer team are "cowards" and that the "better team did not win".
While I completely agree with everything she said in that interview, I also agree that she should have used a better choice of words lol

Or start going after Hope Solo for saying the Swedish soccer team are "cowards" and that the "better team did not win".

I'm definitely not a Hope Solo fan. She has gotten away with a lot of behavior that other people wouldn't get a pass for

But. I don't think people need to go after her either. She said what she said. If that's what she felt about the game then that's how she felt. Women don't have to keep it sweet. Her words were crass and could have been different sure....but if Michael Phelps said that about Le Clos would we care? We'd applaud him I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think unfortuantly gabby has opened the door wide open to get scrutinized, simply becuse thats what happens to anyone and everyone who sign themselves up to be on tv/reality show... Granted that might have been more her familys doing then hers, but it is what it is.
Gabby doesnt look happy half the time the cameras been on her for the past year, so its not surprising.
Maybe now that this is her final olympics she can go have a relaxing non stress life without worry.

And yeah wieber didnt look to thrilled during the all around final either.

personally though i feel like she should at least be some what happy with all that shes accomplished at this point, i mean the girl does have three olympic gold medals sitting at home right now. And the fact that she made the team with the disastrous performance at trials should be a nice enough reward to be like "hey ive already accomplished everything ive ever wanted, let me sit back and enjoy this moment and my teammates".

As far as aly, i cant fault her, she was beyond thrilled to place 2nd in the all around so she probably couldnt contain herself. simone just looked numb from actually winning so i doubt she cared about aly directing her around for photos.

People have been dragging Gabby long before the reality show. That girl became open game the second she stepped on the floor in London.

And how do you figure she isn't "at least somewhat happy"

I'm sure she would tell you that she's well beyond "somewhat happy"

If I were Gabby, I'd show up to event finals with the Michael Phelps face for the entirety of the competition. I mean if we're going to praise that face, and Mykayla's not impressed face (which was on the freakin podium) and every other "game face" but attack her for not being bubbly is ridiculous.

She has shown up and done every thing that was asked of her for the last two weeks. She exceeded expectations with that crazy high bars score. There is no reason she does not deserve to be there as much as the other four.

If you're not here to tell us her lip color and don't have anything nice to say, go away.

If I were Gabby, I'd show up to event finals with the Michael Phelps face for the entirety of the competition. I mean if we're going to praise that face, and Mykayla's not impressed face (which was on the freakin podium) and every other "game face" but attack her for not being bubbly is ridiculous.

She has shown up and done every thing that was asked of her for the last two weeks. She exceeded expectations with that crazy high bars score. There is no reason she does not deserve to be there as much as the other four.

If you're not here to tell us her lip color and don't have anything nice to say, go away.

My gif won't move

But this. Yes.

People have been dragging Gabby long before the reality show. That girl became open game the second she stepped on the floor in London.

And how do you figure she isn't "at least somewhat happy"

I'm sure she would tell you that she's well beyond "somewhat happy"

I think the big difference between the treatment wieber recieved vs. Gabby is the journeys were different for the both of them. Jordyn was the "it girl" everyone expected her to make it to the aa and win. Gabby had a less then stellar year leading up to rio and i dont think a lot of people expected her to even make the team.
Im sure she was slightly bitter simply because if it wasnt for the two per rule she would have been a force to reckon with. But it is what it is.
I think thats the main reason behind the scrutiny of gabby vs. Jordyn.

My brutal honest opinion is that she should be happy she even made the team considering everything that happened at trials and what not.
Shes accomplished a lot and at the end of the day im sure she is some what relieved its all over.

I think the big difference between the treatment wieber recieved vs. Gabby is the journeys were different for the both of them. Jordyn was the "it girl" everyone expected her to make it to the aa and win. Gabby had a less then stellar year leading up to rio and i dont think a lot of people expected her to even make the team.
Im sure she was slightly bitter simply because if it wasnt for the two per rule she would have been a force to reckon with. But it is what it is.
I think thats the main reason behind the scrutiny of gabby vs. Jordyn.

My brutal honest opinion is that she should be happy she even made the team considering everything that happened at trials and what not.
Shes accomplished a lot and at the end of the day im sure she is some what relieved its all over.

Serious question. Have you read or seen any of the articles Gabby has done since trials? I'm unsure of what's making you think she's unaware that she got on the team by the skin of her teeth. I'm not sure why you're insistent on harping on what happened before qualifying last Sunday where she was solid on her events, aside from stepping out of bounds. Where she was the 3rd highest scoring gymnast.

And stop with the double standard. I'm not really sure why you're giving Jordyn a pass and not Gabby (actually I know why, I'm just humoring myself) but it really sounds ridiculous and the least valid argument ever

For all purposes to the casual gymnastics watcher (aka majority of those watching the Olympics) , Gabby was still an "it girl" going into Rio to defend her title, inarguably with more to prove than Jordyn going into London.

And no I'm sure gabby is not relieved it's all over, because Gabby knows that she scored a 15.766 on bars in qualifying and has a very well has a shot at medaling in event finals, so it is in fact not over.

Why are we making it a requirement for Gabby to smile? I feel like this is a double standard between the way society treats male vs female athletes. If Gabby decides to never smile again it doesn't negate the fact the amazing work she has done for the sport, and young women across the nation especially those that look like her.

Serious question. Have you read or seen any of the articles Gabby has done since trials? I'm unsure of what's making you think she's unaware that she got on the team by the skin of her teeth. I'm not sure why you're insistent on harping on what happened before qualifying last Sunday where she was solid on her events, aside from stepping out of bounds. Where she was the 3rd highest scoring gymnast.

And stop with the double standard. I'm not really sure why you're giving Jordyn a pass and not Gabby (actually I know why, I'm just humoring myself) but it really sounds ridiculous and the least valid argument ever

For all purposes to the casual gymnastics watcher (aka majority of those watching the Olympics) , Gabby was still an "it girl" going into Rio to defend her title, inarguably with more to prove than Jordyn going into London.

And no I'm sure gabby is not relieved it's all over, because Gabby knows that she scored a 15.766 on bars in qualifying and has a very well has a shot at medaling in event finals, so it is in fact not over.

well first i did say this "Im sure she was slightly bitter simply because if it wasnt for the two per rule she would have been a force to reckon with. But it is what it is. "

and no im not giving jordyn a pass since i said she acted the same way when she missed out as well.

i also would love to know why you think im giving jordyn a pass and not gabby......

well first i did say this "Im sure she was slightly bitter simply because if it wasnt for the two per rule she would have been a force to reckon with But it is what it is. "

and no im not giving jordyn a pass since i said she acted the same way when she missed out as well.

i also would love to know why you think im giving jordyn a pass and not gabby......

1. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

2. You did. You gave her a pass and you gave her an excuse.

3. The exact same reason people have been criticizing her hair since 2012. The exact same reason Aliya Mustafina doesn't have to smile but Gabby does. The exact same reason Jordyn can sit on the side and cry, but Gabby gets crucified for watching a competition with a facial expression not the the liking of society. The exact same reason Michael Phelps and MaKayla Maroney's faces are meme worthy.

1. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

2. You did. You gave her a pass and you gave her an excuse.

3. The exact same reason people have been criticizing her hair since 2012. The exact same reason Aliya Mustafina doesn't have to smile but Gabby does. The exact same reason Jordyn can sit on the side and cry, but Gabby gets crucified for watching a competition with a facial expression not the the liking of society. The exact same reason Michael Phelps and MaKayla Maroney's faces are meme worthy.

oh please you choose to pick certain part here and there out of my opinion and mash them together. I never said jordyn got a pass or i gave her a pass, i said their journeys were different and that jordyn looked the same way when she missed out.

i dont really get what your trying to get through with # 3. (i could take a stab in the dark, but i wont stoop down to that level)

ultimately i do love a good upset, im happy for usa gymnastics, but a small part in me wanted to see mustafina come in and take it all.....

now that gymnastics is basically over, swimming is almost done and womens volleyball is about wrapped up i probably wont follow the games to much anymore.

Back