OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh my word. Nile Wilson (who follows me on Twitter by the way ;) ) has grabbed the bronze! Can't describe how much this medal haul from our gymnasts will do for gymnastics back home. The future is bright. IM SO HAPPY.

P.s - it is really cool to say that all our GB gymnasts who made a final grabbed a medal in individual apparatus finals bar one!

Last edited:
Poor Simone, you can see how tired she is in this video and it's the day before beam finals. Phelps makes a joke and her face doesn't even register it.

I am so so so SO happy for both Oleg Verniaiev and Fabian Hambüchen... for those who haven't been following MAG, this is Hambüchen 4th and final Olympics. He earned a bronze in Beijing, silver in London and finally the elusive gold in Rio. He's battled so many injuries and, on so many occasions, come so close to the podium in men's AA. He couldn't have ended his career in a better way... (*cues "I'm not crying, you are"*)

As for Verniaiev... what can I say? A gymnast who made 4 EFs and was a 1st reserve for 1 EF, he's had one exhausting games. So happy for him and team Ukraine...

Just F.Y.I., Ukraine's artistic gymnastics programme is potentially sustained by less than team USA's funds towards leotards... just let that sink in. This gold medal meant the world to them.

Gabby Douglas shouldn’t have had to account for judgments outside the arena - The Washington Post

I had tears in my eyes reading this. I love her quote “Are you going to stand, or are you going to crumble? In the face of everything, still stand." and I hope she does just that.

My heart breaks for her a lot. I know she had higher hopes of leaving Rio with more than just the team medal and she'll be the only one of 5 leaving with only that. No matter what she does, she's going to be slammed and that's unfortunate. She's not my favorite gymnast, but she's still a human being.

My hope for Gabby is that whatever she does next, she's happy and maybe now the weight of her family can get off of her back.

My heart breaks for her a lot. I know she had higher hopes of leaving Rio with more than just the team medal and she'll be the only one of 5 leaving with only that. No matter what she does, she's going to be slammed and that's unfortunate. She's not my favorite gymnast, but she's still a human being.

My hope for Gabby is that whatever she does next, she's happy and maybe now the weight of her family can get off of her back.
I hope so. And I hope on the financial end there are enough endorsements offered to the five of them as a team that will help her move onto that next stage of life.

Back