All-Star As The Season Closes Out - Are You Switching Gyms Or Staying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are staying at Cheer Alliance. This is my daughter's second home and I can't imagine her going any where else. She has improved so much in the last couple years and has gained so much confidence in herself. I think that this gym is a huge part of the wonderful young adult that she has become. They have taught her more than just cheerleading...they taught sportmanship, trust, responsiblity and how to be a well rounded individual. The friendships she has made here will last. The owners are the best and treat her like a daughter. She can talk to the coaches, owners, or any teammate if she has a problem. I know that she is well taken care of when she is at the gym and at competitions.

She started with this group of cheerleaders at level three 3 years ago and now they are a level five going to worlds for the first time. It is a dream come true for them and it is all possible because of this gym. Except for two new athletes this year from other gyms, that is all "home grown" talent. We never expected to get this far and I am so proud of what they have accomplished.

The coaches are rude and they often have negative conversations about parents with other parents.

This is my biggest pet peeve!!! The gym my cp was at last year they owner/coach did this all the time. She was extremely opinionated and didn't care who what she said to who!! My cp came home from practice one day telling me that she (the coach) was upset about another team member that day and actually told the team that her parents were past due on their fees.

To me that is un-acceptable behavior in any business!! And it really is no business of my (then) 6th grade child!! To make it worse, this is a small town and word travels fast. She can't understand why she doesn't get more business and not that 'well received" in town.........we honey, eveyone knows!!!

Staying at my gym! Even though it's only my first year, I've been so lucky to be at a gym like this one. Even within 13 teams in 3 different gym locations, you can get to know each other and every team is always supportive. The coaches know what they're talking about and have a true passion. I respect and lovelovelove my gym.

My thoughts exactly. When my daughter decided to leave it was one of the worst things she has ever been through. The entire staff turned their back on her and said bad things about her to anyone who would listen. I had seen they way the gym treated kids who had left before so I know what was coming.
Needless to say it only helped solidify her decision.

Our family had to experience this same treatment and behavior after my daughter made the decision to switch gyms. We made the move to another gym and there were so many rumors circulating and the coaches and staff at the old gym did nothing but encourage the kids and parents at their gym to be mean and nasty to my daughter and the other athletes that left. We are so happy that we made the switch-better coaches and staff who are more professional and caring, better athletes with a strong work ethic, better facility, and overall a better atmosphere for my daughter to thrive and grow. Her confidence and skills have improved so much and she has made so many new friends and, best of all, she is happy. Now the old coaches and staff can no longer influence the kids and parents from our old gym from talking to us and being friends with my daughter and that makes us happy:)

Our family had to experience this same treatment and behavior after my daughter made the decision to switch gyms. We made the move to another gym and there were so many rumors circulating and the coaches and staff at the old gym did nothing but encourage the kids and parents at their gym to be mean and nasty to my daughter and the other athletes that left. We are so happy that we made the switch-better coaches and staff who are more professional and caring, better athletes with a strong work ethic, better facility, and overall a better atmosphere for my daughter to thrive and grow. Her confidence and skills have improved so much and she has made so many new friends and, best of all, she is happy. Now the old coaches and staff can no longer influence the kids and parents from our old gym from talking to us and being friends with my daughter and that makes us happy:)

OH, and we are staying!!

OH and we are staying!

We're staying. This will be our fifth year our gym. This is our third gym.

No gym ( like no person) is perfect. I drive 40 miles one way and I cringe when I think about the predictions of $5 gas but the kids are only kids once.

I switched a couple years ago for several different reasons. We were thinking about switching kind of 3/4 through the season but one competition solidified our decision. Day 1: warmups. My stunt had a very bad warmup, my flyer was bigger than our backspot, she stuck her but out and bailed everytime, but my coach decided it was my fault. He got in my face and yelled in front of the whole warmup room. We competed, the stunt bobbled, then i told my mom what had happened. When she confronted him about it, he started arguing and told my sister and i to leave the gym. He proceeded to tell our team that we were not going to be on the team anymore (we never said anything about quiting) and that we werent competing with them the next day. We were appalled he had said that, and he didnt show up to the competition the next day. When our coaches found out that we were switching gyms, they talked trash about the gym in front of our whole team at practice.
Sorry for that book, but we switched not only for that but: NO professionalism at all, there was maybe 1 quality coach, we lost all of our competitions, lack of progression, and soo much more. I am happy i'm gone :)

Back