All-Star As The Season Closes Out - Are You Switching Gyms Or Staying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Your going to have a hard time convincing anyone from Spirit to got to Rebel...just saying....
from what i read the person i replied to was simply looking at spirit and cheer athletics there for not a current member there so i think its fair that they no they have other options.

If you are switching gyms, and you look around at several gyms to find the right fit for your cp and your family: is it appropriate to ask about position on the team? For instance, if you cp has always flown, can you ask if there is a chance they will fly? Not guarantee but give you a chance? Would a gym tell you if they already had established flyers and it was unlikely that your new addition would get time in the air?

If you are switching gyms, and you look around at several gyms to find the right fit for your cp and your family: is it appropriate to ask about position on the team? For instance, if you cp has always flown, can you ask if there is a chance they will fly? Not guarantee but give you a chance? Would a gym tell you if they already had established flyers and it was unlikely that your new addition would get time in the air?

At tryouts some gyms will have you fill out a form and they will ask 'position trying out for', 'level trying out for'. They may ask your flyer to stunt with someone or they may take a picture of her pulling some skills on a stunt block. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Leaving isn't even a thought! I love my gym and it's only getting better. Every competition I just fall more and more in love with my program. I think it was the best decision ever that I left my old gym. Okay so I think I like my gym? lol.

Do most gyms advertise what levels/divisions they will have during the tryout process? I think that's another important factor that you know upfront the possibilities for your cp.

Do most gyms advertise what levels/divisions they will have during the tryout process? I think that's another important factor that you know upfront the possibilities for your cp.

Usually what I've seen in the past is an "estimate" of what they'll have--like Mini 1/2, Youth 2/3, Junior 4/5, etc. This leaves them a little more open to go with what they get when tryouts are over. This way parents can't flip out and say "YOU said it would be J5!!! And now we're competing J4!" It's upfront--we'll be doing either 4 or 5, depending on how many kids have what skills.

Our gym is pretty upfront during parent meetings about saying that levels aren't really decided until after they get the teams put together and they assess each team's capabilities. The levels they post on their website are more guidelines than anything else, although most years they pretty much hold to form.

I may be moving squad but only depending if i get into the university that i want too. It's too far for me to travel each day so i would have to move to the uni and live there so couldn't stay at my current squad!

Back