All-Star As The Season Closes Out - Are You Switching Gyms Or Staying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i cant decide which gym i want to tryout for CA or SOT?? i have always wanted the large gym experience since ive always been at a small gym. Tryouts are very soon for both...i think the whole trying out for a lrge gym somewhat scares me!! But if i could pick up and move to california right now. I would in a heart beat to tryout for one of their teams.

If you are switching gyms, and you look around at several gyms to find the right fit for your cp and your family: is it appropriate to ask about position on the team? For instance, if you cp has always flown, can you ask if there is a chance they will fly? Not guarantee but give you a chance? Would a gym tell you if they already had established flyers and it was unlikely that your new addition would get time in the air?

As an owner/coach I get asked this all the time... it is a good question to ask just like tuition, travel, practice schedule.
I answer honestly...depending on the team/ age/ flexiility....

lovescheer said:
i cant decide which gym i want to tryout for CA or SOT?? i have always wanted the large gym experience since ive always been at a small gym. Tryouts are very soon for both...i think the whole trying out for a lrge gym somewhat scares me!! But if i could pick up and move to california right now. I would in a heart beat to tryout for one of their teams.
Hello, my CP is at Cheer Athletics and she was very worried when tryouts come around, but she said it really wasn't that bad. They simply just went to each floor and did whatever skill with groups according to skills. I'm not sure how they do it at SOT, but I'm sure it's not that bad. I would visit each gym and make a list of pros/cons. IMO, both gyms are great! Whichever ones closer would also be a good deciding factor. If you have anymore questions about CA, PM me and I'll help you out.:)

Hello, my CP is at Cheer Athletics and she was very worried when tryouts come around, but she said it really wasn't that bad. They simply just went to each floor and did whatever skill with groups according to skills. I'm not sure how they do it at SOT, but I'm sure it's not that bad. I would visit each gym and make a list of pros/cons. IMO, both gyms are great! Whichever ones closer would also be a good deciding factor. If you have anymore questions about CA, PM me and I'll help you out.:)

Spirit is about the same, they make it as low stress as possible and let the kids try a skill multiple times if they are nervous. Everyone makes jokes as to how strict it is but really it's not that bad. The coaches are really motivating and have a vested interest in every one of their athletes from Jr 2 all the way up IOC. You can pm me if you have any questions.
I agree with @Jillian , the best thing to do is to check out both gyms and decide which is the best fit for you! :)

It kills me when coaches do this....I coach at a smaller gym, with 2 bigger, well known gyms within a half hour drive. Kids leave every year, sometimes even mid season, and as coaches, we NEVER let an ill word leave our mouths about those athletes for anyone to hear. It would just make us look so bad, I am not sure why any coach thinks it's a smart move to badmouth kids that choose to leave your program....it's not anythingi would ever put my kids in, and all coaches need to realize that!

Our (former) coaches found out we were looking and it has gotten ugly. Hateful messages, talking about us to other parents so far. Afraid they will bad mouth if they find out where we are going. It's all so unnecessary. We just wanted to leave with no drama.

Our (former) coaches found out we were looking and it has gotten ugly. Hateful messages, talking about us to other parents so far. Afraid they will bad mouth if they find out where we are going. It's all so unnecessary. We just wanted to leave with no drama.

Talk about burning a bridge....I've never understood why coaches do this, have they ever thought about if the family decides they want to come back? Good business practice would be to leave that door open for them because money is money. Your old gym just lost a customer for life (plus anyone else who decides to leave due to their back biting) because their ego got hurt.
Kids move back and forth between Spirit/CA/ and Champion all the time, none of the owners ever take it personally....

Spirit is about the same, they make it as low stress as possible and let the kids try a skill multiple times if they are nervous. Everyone makes jokes as to how strict it is but really it's not that bad. The coaches are really motivating and have a vested interest in every one of their athletes from Jr 2 all the way up IOC. You can pm me if you have any questions.
I agree with @Jillian , the best thing to do is to check out both gyms and decide which is the best fit for you! :)

I will probably be pmming you both soon! I love both gyms I just have to chose which one is best for me, and one i have more of a chance at making level 5. My standing tumbling isnt as strong as it use to be. but i still have my running full and any jumps to a back consistant

Unfortuantely this is my daughter's Senior year, otherwise we would be staying, however she loves her gym and plans on being an assistant coach next year for one of the younger teams at their Rockford location

As the season comes to a close, the dreadful decision comes about for parents - do we stay or do we go? What would be the determining factor for you switching gyms in the new season?

1. Tuition Cost
2. Lack of Progression
3. Staff Unprofessionalism
4. CP wants to cheer on Worlds Team
5. Professionally Trained Coaches
6. Location
7. Other
the gym i went to 2 years ago is closing for good so all the kids from that gym are goin to GTCO and i want to go to heart of ohio but my mom wont let me cuz its a new gym but my little brothers goin to GTCO

Umm.. I'm good, thanks :)
Funny how rude your being, since your daughter told me all about how she'd love to go there. dont worry she'll go to spirit and be on a level 1-3 maybe 4 team goodluck. btw michael is sure gonna know all about the trash talking you did:)

Back