All-Star Athletic Championships 2016 Providence 1/23 -1/24

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ECE 4.2 paid bid and ECE large coed 4 at large bid. A Star Athletics team won the other paid bid but I don't remember their division (saw on Twitter), as well as an at large bid for another division I don't know. I have no clue who won the other bids, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Star Athletic's Small Senior Restricted 5 was the other at-large

I think Starlites might've gotten an at large too, but in past years they've turned down their summit bid so I don't know if they'll keep it.

I heard there were issues with the D2 bids and there's some meeting to sort it out this week. Ibelieve it was regarding which gyms were/weren't eligible for D2

seems like the judges at this competition definetly had a favorite gym.

Maybe. But TBH in my opinion the only gyms who looked very polished were Pro Athletics, a handful of WC and ECE teams, A gym called Northern Lights, Bravo, and Star Athletics.

Maybe. But TBH in my opinion the only gyms who looked very polished were Pro Athletics, a handful of WC and ECE teams, A gym called Northern Lights, Bravo, and Star Athletics.

all those gyms had great teams. im just saying one gym in particular was a favorite for the judges all weekend. some of the placements and scores i didnt agree with.

all those gyms had great teams. im just saying one gym in particular was a favorite for the judges all weekend. some of the placements and scores i didnt agree with.
I feel like just because a gym did well doesn't mean the judges favored them. That gym whichever one you are talking about probably worked really hard for this weekend and put in lots of long practices so to say they are a favorite is kind of making their accomplishments this weekend seem like they were handed to them which I bet is not true. I don't know if you meant for it to come off that way but thats what I got out of it

I feel like just because a gym did well doesn't mean the judges favored them. That gym whichever one you are talking about probably worked really hard for this weekend and put in lots of long practices so to say they are a favorite is kind of making their accomplishments this weekend seem like they were handed to them which I bet is not true. I don't know if you meant for it to come off that way but thats what I got out of it
I have to disagree. The judges did not even calculate scores correctly and one of the "favorite" gyms was awarded a win in the Sr 4 division (large I think) when you added the scores the 2nd place team actually won. Which I believe they were notified after the competition ... But only cause the math error was caught...

Everyone worked hard for this weekend... Not just one gym. From a coaches perspective the scores in a lot of divisions were just not right at all and didn't add up.

Back