All-Star Athletic Championships -- Providence 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We totally should have a fierceboard meeting!
On a side note, most of my gym went to this competition last year, I didn't. Can someone tell me what I'm in for? Thanks!
They change the set up every year but it sounds like you can definitely expect two performance arenas. A smaller one for levels 1-2 and I think dance. Then another for 3-6. Teams compete from pretty much 9-9 in both arenas. There is a huuge mall attached so most people stay between there and the convention center for a majority of the day. I can't really think of anything else unless you have a specific question...
Oh, and for level 5 get there pretty well ahead of time if you want to have decent seats.

Last year...
Levels 1/2 and dance were upstairs in a tiny ballroom.
Everyone else was downstairs confined to half an exhibition hall thing... Way too small for the crowds that wanted to watch level 5.

Fairly certain they are using the DD center again this year (used it a few years back and it worked out a lot better than the nonsense last season). If so, that means we'll probably get to see level 5 from a good angle and not from between two people's heads.

As far as a meet up goes, just tell me where and when :)

ETA: This is like the Cheersport of the Northeast.

Last year...
Levels 1/2 and dance were upstairs in a tiny ballroom.
Everyone else was downstairs confined to half an exhibition hall thing... Way too small for the crowds that wanted to watch level 5.

Fairly certain they are using the DD center again this year (used it a few years back and it worked out a lot better than the nonsense last season). If so, that means we'll probably get to see level 5 from a good angle and not from between two people's heads.

As far as a meet up goes, just tell me where and when :)

ETA: This is like the Cheersport of the Northeast.
I stood on my tip toes for probably 3 minutes straight during WCSS..

Loved when they used the DD center.....only thing is thats a longgggg walk between the dd center and the ballrooms.
i do remember running back and forth like crazy to see all our teams.
i better run a few marathons before this comp. to get in shape...:)

ECE is going bringing lg mini 2, lg youth 5, sm jr 1, lg jr 4, lg jr 5, lg sr 4.2, lg sr 3, lg sr coed 4, medium coed 4, int coed5. Ct is also going, not sure which teams they are bringing!

I feel like someone tried to do that last year. But since that comp is so hectic with the two arenas, it didn't pan out. I can't even begin to count how many times I was up and down those stupid escalators haha. I'm pretty sure I heard they're using the Dunkin Donuts center again this year too!

They did use the DD Center in 2009 and it was soooooo much better than the way they had it set up the last couple years. Its way bigger and easier to find a seat and so much less hectic.

Wasn't there a beer tasting or convention going on last year at the same time? Or was that another competition?
Dunkin center would be better but I agree about the long distance between stages. Its just down that ramp thing but when you're rushing that's a long way!!

What teams?

Full House:
Small Tiny 1- Go Fishes
Small Mini 1- Crazy 8s
Small Mini 2- Lucky Charms
Small Youth 1- Aces
Small Senior 2- Lucky Se7ens
Small Senior 3- Wildcards
Small Senior Coed 4- Jesters
Small Senior Coed 5- Card Sharks
International All Girl 5- Royalettes
International All Girl 6- Showgirls
International Coed 6- Black Jacks

Last years set up was awful.

I remember stars went on right after Lazers and the guy wouldn't let us in the entrance right by the performance floor. Clearly I didn't listen, but it was annoying.

Back