All-Star Athletic Champs - Providence, RI 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Couple of things on all of this.

1. Not a fan of the setup especially for the level 1 and 2 teams, it was extremely congested and difficult to get a team of 30 out after awards that consists of 9 to 12 years olds - stressful!! Not to mention I think the upstairs floor was not nearly as special as the downstairs floor and did not offer the same things (like video playback). BUT with that being said I am sure AC will take all of the gyms feedback and make 2012 even better!!

2. As far as shooting stars goes, they had a bad day everyone has them. IT was incredibly sad to see BUT it was not more sad than any other team in any other division that had a bad day. Because they are so recognizable they are getting reminded of it every minute - lets remember these are actual KIDS doing something they love and are allowed to have a bad day. As far as the videos if you look at the timing, varsity cuts out at just about the same part (time wise) in every routine - I am SURE that there was no ill intention there and even more sure the person who does the taping has no cheerleading background to know any better. Finally, unfortunately kids quit programs all the time for whatever reason I am SURE that there were other gyms going through the same thing this weekend. We make adjustments and sometimes they were and sometimes they don't. Just reminds everyone that no program or team is exempt from it.

3. Congratulations to all teams from all levels, all of the divisions that my gym was entered in were incredibly tight day 1 and day 2!!! Way to bring it!!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE at your next competition and see everyone next year :)

Couple of things on all of this.

1. Not a fan of the setup especially for the level 1 and 2 teams, it was extremely congested and difficult to get a team of 30 out after awards that consists of 9 to 12 years olds - stressful!! Not to mention I think the upstairs floor was not nearly as special as the downstairs floor and did not offer the same things (like video playback). BUT with that being said I am sure AC will take all of the gyms feedback and make 2012 even better!!

2. As far as shooting stars goes, they had a bad day everyone has them. IT was incredibly sad to see BUT it was not more sad than any other team in any other division that had a bad day. Because they are so recognizable they are getting reminded of it every minute - lets remember these are actual KIDS doing something they love and are allowed to have a bad day. As far as the videos if you look at the timing, varsity cuts out at just about the same part (time wise) in every routine - I am SURE that there was no ill intention there and even more sure the person who does the taping has no cheerleading background to know any better. Finally, unfortunately kids quit programs all the time for whatever reason I am SURE that there were other gyms going through the same thing this weekend. We make adjustments and sometimes they were and sometimes they don't. Just reminds everyone that no program or team is exempt from it.

3. Congratulations to all teams from all levels, all of the divisions that my gym was entered in were incredibly tight day 1 and day 2!!! Way to bring it!!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE at your next competition and see everyone next year :)

Wasn't their video playback in the rotunda room upstairs? It was near some of the gym's rooms and it said "Athletic Championships theater" or something. I didn't realize what that meant until I saw the same sign downstairs by the video playback area.

Wasn't their video playback in the rotunda room upstairs? It was near some of the gym's rooms and it said "Athletic Championships theater" or something. I didn't realize what that meant until I saw the same sign downstairs by the video playback area.

There was for day 1 after you got the thumb drive (of which all levels got) to play it but not immediately like there was downstairs.

I am really really shocked that Varsity put up Star's video and out of all the videos to NOT cut the stunts out they picked that team. Seriously? Lets just let the team have a reminder up on varsity's website of their bad day. I mean teams that hit their stunts still had them cut out of the video but they leave Stars.

Why not post it they put up other teams who had really bad falls and issues.... Just because its WCSS dosent give them a pass.... Just saying not trying to be mean but look at the big picture all teams have bad and good days .... It is what it is now they need to regroup and move on and be stronger and better. I was there when this happen and you could hear a pin drop after the falls the crowd was in shock :( I wish them best of luck and to all the other amazing teams that were there i just dont think they should be not included ! JMO

SETUP WAS HORRIBLE. After level 2 awards there was literally a mob of people and little youth kids trying to find their parents. It was a little scary at one point. And it didn't help when some teams decided to have team meetings or take pictures right in the middle of the hallway.

After level 2 awards it was insane!!! People were literally just standing around not moving not walking just standing there blockin the exit and escolaters. They definitely need to adjust this for next year!

If anyone knows any of the other placings from the lower levels please do share :)

I know USA Wildcats won youth 1. Spirit All Stars won Mini 1 Cheer Factor won Lrg Jr 2 USA Wildcats won Sm. Jr. 2 Sparks won Lrg Senior 2 Sparks won Smll youth 2 and I believe CC Champs won Lrg youth 2. Also USA wildcats won Junior Coed 3 & Star athletics won Lrg. Senior coed 3

Why not post it they put up other teams who had really bad falls and issues.... Just because its WCSS dosent give them a pass.... Just saying not trying to be mean but look at the big picture all teams have bad and good days .... It is what it is now they need to regroup and move on and be stronger and better. I was there when this happen and you could hear a pin drop after the falls the crowd was in shock :( I wish them best of luck and to all the other amazing teams that were there i just dont think they should be not included ! JMO

NO BIGGER WC FAN THAN MYSELF, and I agree 100% with this. By not posting it will not change the fact that they did not hit. The Girls are strong and will work through this.. They of all people know what happened, probably more than you and I. By hiding it does not fix anything. Just please do not call out any individual on the board please.

I think with a lot of these big gyms it is really for people outside of the gym to lose perspective and realize when it comes down to it, these are 14-18 year old kids! What they are able to accomplish is nothing short of amazing, but think to when you were that age... could you have shouldered the responsibility of everyone expecting you to be perfect every time you do something? People are stepping the game up this year, that will mean performances that make our hearts skip a beat, and will probably mean some pretty rough days also. Stars will be just fine and I hope the girls don't take too much crap from people, they are unbelievable athletes.

After level 2 awards it was insane!!! People were literally just standing around not moving not walking just standing there blockin the exit and escolaters. They definitely need to adjust this for next year!

they are using the dunkin donuts center again next year so it will go back to the set up from 2 years ago im assuming.

also who took pictures? jamie christian?

Nearly every team I just watched on the Varsity website had their stunt section cut out EXCEPT Stars...I was like am I the only one that noticed. Its not fair that theyre all cut out...thats one of the most fun sections of cheer&&the fact that ppl obsess over it doesnt help. !

i thought it was done by time. like it was the same time portion cut out, just depends on where you put your skills

Back