OT Back To School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Everybody has to take senior pictures. But some people choose to do professional shots too and then put ads in the yearbook forms their parents with a cute good luck in college message!

Not everybody graduates! You have to pass all your classes or you get held back or have to go to summer school to retake that class. You can also retake the class and stay in your grade if you take it online or after school with a teacher.

Prom is for juniors and seniors only. But if you get invited as a "date" at any grade you can go! We have a lot of juniors who take freshmen. Which I find annoying! I didn't get to go to prom this year because of Worlds, but I know how it goes! You get a group together and plan your ride to prom in a limo, bus, or take your car. You normally take it to go out to eat at a nice restaurant, and then to prom. Our proms in GA are HUGE! We have ours at Club Opera, which is a really nice night club in Atlanta. Our grade fundraises the money by planning and running the homecoming freshman year and other fundraises! We also pay Junior dues (about $100 each). At prom, it's a dance party! We are given food and drinks, but pretty much everyone stays on the dance floor. The signature dance, is the grind haha. Dress wise, most people wear long evening gowns, but at our school, seniors tend to wear short dresses! People go all out! They wear these expensive gowns and rent Hummer limos! I already have my dress picked out for this year :) Anything else?

Proms are so different :) At prom we have a date too. But we dance all together like cha cha cha, salsa and those dances with our date. We have dance classes for 3 months before prom. And then all classes present themselfs. They usually make a movie about them or something like this. We have usually 3 classes. So 3 classes of juniors, 3 classes of sophomore.... And we have our proms in a school gym lol.

ČETVORKA :D | Facebook

here's a video how these dance looks like. this is from our prom. I hope it's not private

Proms are so different :) At prom we have a date too. But we dance all together like cha cha cha, salsa and those dances with our date. We have dance classes for 3 months before prom. And then all classes present themselfs. They usually make a movie about them or something like this. We have usually 3 classes. So 3 classes of juniors, 3 classes of sophomore.... And we have our proms in a school gym lol.

here's a video how these dance looks like. this is from our prom. I hope it's not private
You guys take dance classes for prom??? That's so cool, haha.

Woah y'all actually dance dance! thats awesome!

At the school I just graduated from after three tardies total it was half of a day in inschool detention.
Oh wow!
At mine, The third tardy counted as an absence toward exepmting exams, the 4th was detention, and the 5th was ABS (basically detention from 1-6)

This thread is soo interesting! Especially as a Brit the school system is so different. For example we finish "highschool" which we call secondary school at 15/16 and that means we can do what we want. We could stay into education by choice till we are 18 at either sixth form (which is still in a secondary school but you can choice any school you want) or college (which is like a school just for year 12 and 13 pupils. Then once we are 18 we can go onto University which is like college for Americans.

However in order to go further in your education you have to pass your GSCE's which are your important exams which stay with you for the rest of your life and get the required grades for your specific place of study. You start you GSCE's now in Year Nine age 13/14 (it was Year 10 before but it has just changed) and you choose out of many options. I chose Higher French, Business Studies, English Literature, Dance and Sport. You have to study those aswell as English Language, Maths, ALL Science's, RE( I went to a Catholic school), P.E and I.T.

I have now finished my education but am choosing to stay on at the Secondary school I went too. We know don't have to wear uniform :cheering: but we do have to wear business attire. I have chosen to take Media, English Language, Business Studies and Physcology. So excited as I am taken 2 brand new subjects.

This thread is soo interesting! Especially as a Brit the school system is so different. For example we finish "highschool" which we call secondary school at 15/16 and that means we can do what we want. We could stay into education by choice till we are 18 at either sixth form (which is still in a secondary school but you can choice any school you want) or college (which is like a school just for year 12 and 13 pupils. Then once we are 18 we can go onto University which is like college for Americans.

However in order to go further in your education you have to pass your GSCE's which are your important exams which stay with you for the rest of your life and get the required grades for your specific place of study. You start you GSCE's now in Year Nine age 13/14 (it was Year 10 before but it has just changed) and you choose out of many options. I chose Higher French, Business Studies, English Literature, Dance and Sport. You have to study those aswell as English Language, Maths, ALL Science's, RE( I went to a Catholic school), P.E and I.T.

I have now finished my education but am choosing to stay on at the Secondary school I went too. We know don't have to wear uniform :cheering: but we do have to wear business attire. I have chosen to take Media, English Language, Business Studies and Physcology. So excited as I am taken 2 brand new subjects.

I went to a sixth form college when I left high school (also Catholic). I started with three AS level subjects and I also took a GCSE in college. At the end of lower sixth we got the choice to drop one of our AS levels if we had chosen four or just not continue the GCSE to AS.

We got to wear whatever we wanted and whilst we did have to attend morning registration and one assembly a week, if we didn't have a scheduled class we could do whatever we wanted (I used to go home on a Thursday for three hours before my last class of the day).

To get into Uni over here you need to get UCAS points which are awarded based on your grades at A levels or Highers if you live in Scotland (I think). So Unis tell you that you need a certain number of UCAS points, I think mine was 360+, and you work out from that what the equivalent would be from your A levels.

whaaaat??? really????

I don't live in Slovenia, I meant my great grandparents came to America. I live near Cleveland, Ohio which is where all the Slovenians go when they come here. Cleveland actually has the highest population of Slovenians outside of Slovenia!

I don't live in Slovenia, I meant my great grandparents came to America. I live near Cleveland, Ohio which is where all the Slovenians go when they come here. Cleveland actually has the highest population of Slovenians outside of Slovenia!

I didn't know that! Can you speak slovenian language? and do you know in which city your grandparetns lived? haha that's so cool!

dont stress about being to class on time. most the time the teachers dont care anyway. at my school i walked in late everyday sometimes 10 minutes late and never got in trouble hahah
but then again im a thug

Lol Ikr! I don't think I ever got in trouble for being late to any class while at that school. I would just tell my teachers it was a far walk and my last class was across campus!!

I would be like 15 mins late to 4th period every day my 10th grade year because I would go to the cafeteria and get lunch for 1st lunch and take it back to class and eat it. Then I had 2nd lunch so I would go eat again. My teacher didn't even care. My 11th grade year I was pregnant and took 2 lunches that year too. I would take 1st and be late to class and then take 3rd after class. She would let me because I would tell her my baby had to eat. I hated 3rd period because I hated science so I would tell my teacher that I had permission to leave early and he would excuse me from class and I would go walk around! I pretty much only went to classes by choice. My 11th grade year they were not suppose to pass me because of all the days I missed but I still had credit for all the classes. I got put on home bound for 6 weeks and that was for all of march and some of April. During that time the biggest paper that was due in English was assigned. It wasn't due till after I came back. While on home bound I did 0 work. I'm not lying I did nothing except for things in math. My home bound teacher was furious. Since I did not even do 1 assignment for Spanish or english nothing was turned into them. When I got back the 2 teachers told me that they didn't receive anything, I said what? She didnt turn it in to y'all?!!! The Spanish teacher was just like oh well I believe you did the work and she gave me a hundred for the 5th six weeks. My English teacher said she didn't care about the work and she would just give me a 100 because it wasn't that important. About 2 weeks later she had everyone turn in the biggest paper we were ever assigned that was a huge part of our grade. I didn't do it, when she asked me for it I said, I got it done early and did it while on home bound she said , Kristen I really need that paper that is a huge part of your grade, not just a participation grade. I said, ok I'll check I might still have a copy on my computer (made her think I did it by saying that), the next day I came in and said, "it's not on my computer and I can't do that paper again; it will take to long and it is not my fault the home bound teacher lost it"

She said, I will just give you a grade of 95 if you promise not to tell anyone. That paper was a requirement to pass this class. I tell y'all I didn't tell not one person. I was satisfied with that grade!! English was not my subject.

Man I absolutely loved high school! I miss my school and wish I could go back to high school!

Lol Ikr! I don't think I ever got in trouble for being late to any class while at that school. I would just tell my teachers it was a far walk and my last class was across campus!!

I would be like 15 mins late to 4th period every day my 10th grade year because I would go to the cafeteria and get lunch for 1st lunch and take it back to class and eat it. Then I had 2nd lunch so I would go eat again. My teacher didn't even care. My 11th grade year I was pregnant and took 2 lunches that year too. I would take 1st and be late to class and then take 3rd after class. She would let me because I would tell her my baby had to eat. I hated 3rd period because I hated science so I would tell my teacher that I had permission to leave early and he would excuse me from class and I would go walk around! I pretty much only went to classes by choice. My 11th grade year they were not suppose to pass me because of all the days I missed but I still had credit for all the classes. I got put on home bound for 6 weeks and that was for all of march and some of April. During that time the biggest paper that was due in English was assigned. It wasn't due till after I came back. While on home bound I did 0 work. I'm not lying I did nothing except for things in math. My home bound teacher was furious. Since I did not even do 1 assignment for Spanish or english nothing was turned into them. When I got back the 2 teachers told me that they didn't receive anything, I said what? She didnt turn it in to y'all?!!! The Spanish teacher was just like oh well I believe you did the work and she gave me a hundred for the 5th six weeks. My English teacher said she didn't care about the work and she would just give me a 100 because it wasn't that important. About 2 weeks later she had everyone turn in the biggest paper we were ever assigned that was a huge part of our grade. I didn't do it, when she asked me for it I said, I got it done early and did it while on home bound she said , Kristen I really need that paper that is a huge part of your grade, not just a participation grade. I said, ok I'll check I might still have a copy on my computer (made her think I did it by saying that), the next day I came in and said, "it's not on my computer and I can't do that paper again; it will take to long and it is not my fault the home bound teacher lost it"

She said, I will just give you a grade of 95 if you promise not to tell anyone. That paper was a requirement to pass this class. I tell y'all I didn't tell not one person. I was satisfied with that grade!! English was not my subject.

Man I absolutely loved high school! I miss my school and wish I could go back to high school!
lol people always talk about how much they hated hs and im like did you go to riverdale? because im pretty sure that is the best school. i used to show up late leave early go get lunch did no work and i looked like a model student! hahah and the teachers didnt care at all what you did as long as the sro didnt get called.

when you think about it, like riverdale is not helping kids out at all. its just a fun party school. the nickname is reeferdale. like that just shows something

I didn't know that! Can you speak slovenian language? and do you know in which city your grandparetns lived? haha that's so cool!

I can say one sentence, which is a swear word haha so I won't say it. They lived in Ljubjana (not sure if that's spelled right).

This is nothing to do with school but since it's theard about countries...I was always wondering if Willy Wonka chocolate really exsist? lol

Back