OT Back To School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
nikaa_twist that's so interesting! High school seems so different than here an the fact that college is free blows my mind. Here we pay $15,000-50,000 a year! I do have a question about your college system (sorry I just think it's so cool and different!). So when you go to college, is that where you get your major for your profession? What happens to the kids who went the two different high school routes?

nikaa_twist that's so interesting! High school seems so different than here an the fact that college is free blows my mind. Here we pay $15,000-50,000 a year! I do have a question about your college system (sorry I just think it's so cool and different!). So when you go to college, is that where you get your major for your profession? What happens to the kids who went the two different high school routes?

yes we get out major in college. But in high school we get our proffesion. and you can't go to two different high school routes. Or maybe I understood the question wrong.

Oh and we don't have school cheerleaders, basketball teams and these sports teams. and we don't have lunch in school. We have lunch break but we have to go to the shop and buy something to eat.

yes we get out major in college. But in high school we get our proffesion. and you can't go to two different high school routes. Or maybe I understood the question wrong.

Oh and we don't have school cheerleaders, basketball teams and these sports teams. and we don't have lunch in school. We have lunch break but we have to go to the shop and buy something to eat.
Oh you said you can choose regular high school or one to study a profession. What happens if you change your profession?

Oh you said you can choose regular high school or one to study a profession. What happens if you change your profession?

When you go to college it doesn't matter if you did proffoesion or regular high school. If you went to high school to study to become a cook you still can go to college to become an economist. So you have profession for a cook and a major from economy. But it's a lot easier if you go to study economics in high school and then go to college to study economics because you have knowledge from HS.

I went to high school of economics and now I will be studying economics in college.
I hope I answer your question.

When you go to college it doesn't matter if you did proffoesion or regular high school. If you went to high school to study to become a cook you still can go to college to become an economist. So you have profession for a cook and a major from economy. But it's a lot easier if you go to study economics in high school and then go to college to study economics because you have knowledge from HS.

I went to high school of economics and now I will be studying economics in college.
I hope I answer your question.
Oh that makes sense:) yes you did answer it! Wow its so different. I kinda like it though better than what we do!

Oh and in Italy it's the same the only difference is that they have school on saturdays too but they have way longer holidays than we do.

Kids go to school when they are 6. (if your birthday is in September you're 5 years old actually) And you're in school for 9 years. (Until you're 15) usually it's 20 people in one class and you're togehter with them for all 9 years. we always are together in classes and we have the same schedule for the whole week. We start school at 8am and end 1pm. We have grades from 1 to 5. 1 is the baddest and 5 is the best. And when you are 15 you go to high school. You can choose the regular high school or high school when you are study to become a proffesion ( like doctor, economics, dancer, musician, photographer, ... ) we are in high school for 4 years. (Until we are 19). It's much harder than middle school. We start classes at 8am and end at 3pm. We have to take exams every week and if you get grade 1 (which would be an F in US) you have to repeat the exam. If you still get 1 and you don't get better grade until end of the year you have to repeat the whole year. (that means you are twice in a junor year or a sophomore) when we are seniors at the end of the year we have to take 4 really hard exams. and if you get an F at those exams you can't go to college. when we took those exams we can sa we gratuaded. It's funny when I read your posts how it's hard to miss school because of competitions. We skip school here like nothing. People usually miss school because they go to holidays or they are to lazy to come to school and they are sleeping at home or they go out with friends instead going to school. It's nothing like that if you skip school. I missed school for about 30 days probably. and people cheat on the test all the time!! After high school is college. It is for free. you go to college for 3 years and that's it.

this was so hart to write in english about schools here. Sorry if you don't understand me. :confused:
This is exactly one of the main reasons I want to go to a school in another country! It just sounds like such great opportunity to see how different it is outside of the states! :D

This is exactly one of the main reasons I want to go to a school in another country! It just sounds like such great opportunity to see how different it is outside of the states! :D

we have so many exchange students. I know my sister had one from France, Poland and Philiphines. I know I will go to college for one semester for sure :p I just have to get my english better and get my grades a little better.

we have so many exchange students. I know my sister had one from France, Poland and Philiphines. I know I will go to college for one semester for sure :p I just have to get my english better and get my grades a little better.
Your English actually look really good :) Any ideas of which colleges you're interested over here?

I kinda like it too :) Can you explain how yours HS works?
Well you have your freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Basically, everyone has to take certain classes like Math, English, Science, but you can take "Honors/Gifted" Freshman and Sophomore year at my school. Then Junior and Senior year you can take AP Classes which are college courses that you can get credit for if you get a high enough score on the AP exams. (1-2 is no credit. 3-5 is credit).

Our grades are done by GPA 1-5. A 4.0 is straight A's. Most colleges want students with a 3.0 or higher. The higher your GPA, the easier it is to get into college. There are TONS of colleges in the US! But you also have to take the ACT or SATs to get into them and have to have certain scores to get in. Different colleges have different score and GPA requirements. The better school, the higher the price is to attend. If you have really good grades and test scores, then you can get an academic scholarship to certain schools.

There is seriously so much, and idk if I just made this confusing or not but let me know if I can go into detail and explain anything haha.

Well you have your freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Basically, everyone has to take certain classes like Math, English, Science, but you can take "Honors/Gifted" Freshman and Sophomore year at my school. Then Junior and Senior year you can take AP Classes which are college courses that you can get credit for if you get a high enough score on the AP exams. (1-2 is no credit. 3-5 is credit).

Our grades are done by GPA 1-5. A 4.0 is straight A's. Most colleges want students with a 3.0 or higher. The higher your GPA, the easier it is to get into college. There are TONS of colleges in the US! But you also have to take the ACT or SATs to get into them and have to have certain scores to get in. Different colleges have different score and GPA requirements. The better school, the higher the price is to attend. If you have really good grades and test scores, then you can get an academic scholarship to certain schools.

There is seriously so much, and idk if I just made this confusing or not but let me know if I can go into detail and explain anything haha.

I kinda understand :) Thank you! And what about senior pictures? Do you have to take them or it's just if you want to?? Because I love that :) And do all students gratuade?? I like how you have gratuade cermony :) oh and what do you do on the prom??

I kinda understand :) Thank you! And what about senior pictures? Do you have to take them or it's just if you want to?? Because I love that :) And do all students gratuade?? I like how you have gratuade cermony :) oh and what do you do on the prom??
Everybody has to take senior pictures. But some people choose to do professional shots too and then put ads in the yearbook forms their parents with a cute good luck in college message!

Not everybody graduates! You have to pass all your classes or you get held back or have to go to summer school to retake that class. You can also retake the class and stay in your grade if you take it online or after school with a teacher.

Prom is for juniors and seniors only. But if you get invited as a "date" at any grade you can go! We have a lot of juniors who take freshmen. Which I find annoying! I didn't get to go to prom this year because of Worlds, but I know how it goes! You get a group together and plan your ride to prom in a limo, bus, or take your car. You normally take it to go out to eat at a nice restaurant, and then to prom. Our proms in GA are HUGE! We have ours at Club Opera, which is a really nice night club in Atlanta. Our grade fundraises the money by planning and running the homecoming freshman year and other fundraises! We also pay Junior dues (about $100 each). At prom, it's a dance party! We are given food and drinks, but pretty much everyone stays on the dance floor. The signature dance, is the grind haha. Dress wise, most people wear long evening gowns, but at our school, seniors tend to wear short dresses! People go all out! They wear these expensive gowns and rent Hummer limos! I already have my dress picked out for this year :) Anything else?

Prom is for juniors and seniors only. But if you get invited as a "date" at any grade you can go! We have a lot of juniors who take freshmen. Which I find annoying! I didn't get to go to prom this year because of Worlds, but I know how it goes! You get a group together and plan your ride to prom in a limo, bus, or take your car. You normally take it to go out to eat at a nice restaurant, and then to prom. Our proms in GA are HUGE! We have ours at Club Opera, which is a really nice night club in Atlanta. Our grade fundraises the money by planning and running the homecoming freshman year and other fundraises! We also pay Junior dues (about $100 each). At prom, it's a dance party! We are given food and drinks, but pretty much everyone stays on the dance floor. The signature dance, is the grind haha. Dress wise, most people wear long evening gowns, but at our school, seniors tend to wear short dresses! People go all out! They wear these expensive gowns and rent Hummer limos! I already have my dress picked out for this year :) Anything else?

That's how prom is here in good ole Missouri too! Expect most everyone gets big fancy party buses instead of limos because we can dance on them haha because we get kicked out of prom for "provocative" dancing. And we have ours at Bartle Hall which is an event center but this year they are having it at The KC Chiefs Stadium and it's sooooo nice. I'm jealous I graduated! And we pay $50 per couple per tickets but we get a "free" prom shirt with it! And basically everyone here wears long dresses but there are always a couple who wear short ones:)

Back