All-Star Battle Of The Bags ( What Bag Do You Recommend)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love my nfinity bag. I've had it for 4 years not I believe? Still in excellent condition and it's been to every cheer practice/competition since I've got it. Including being stuffed to maximum and squished on an airplane. Although I will say, I've had multiple friends whose bags have slightly ripped in the pocket where it attaches to the zipper.

Hi there I am glad I found this thread. My daughter and I are starting our rookie year of all star cheer and I totally thought that the Nfinity bags were our only option but I just compared the 2 via their web sites I think I'm going to get her the Rebel Dream bag seems more functional.

As owner/coach, I have to be a girl scout and be prepared. I've got first aid bag, bag for doing hair, a make up bag, and a bag for clothing emergencies. So I carry it all! LOL
Oh when I coach hockey, I'm carrying a bag that could smuggled a Large Tiny Team, and their coach who used to be a pro NFL player. I can definitely understand coaches carting a lot of stuff.

Hi there I am glad I found this thread. My daughter and I are starting our rookie year of all star cheer and I totally thought that the Nfinity bags were our only option but I just compared the 2 via their web sites I think I'm going to get her the Rebel Dream bag seems more functional.
Cool glad ya found us!

How functional would the Rebel bag be for a grad student? It would need room for books/planned, an iPad, 13" MacBook Air, and my wallet but I can't imagine that I'd need much else in it. I already have an nfinity backpack but the zipper is wearing out after many years of use. I'm happy with it but the rebel bag looks pretty cool so I wanted to explore my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How functional would the Rebel bag be for a grad student? It would need room for books/planned, an iPad, 13" MacBook Air, and my wallet but I can't imagine that I'd need much else in it. I already have an nfinity backpack but the zipper is wearing out after many years of use. I'm happy with it but the rebel bag looks pretty cool so I wanted to explore my options.

Depends on how big your books are. As a student nurse, just one of my texts easily weighs 5 pounds. They're big and bulky and the front pocket is slightly odd shaped. I'll be happy to test it out for you tonight when I get home.
I did use my Airbac for classes and that sucker was still heavy as heck, but it did fit my books and laptop.

Update - my text this semester is 7.8 pounds. :eek:

I am glad I read this. CO has used the same UA bag ordered through the gym since she started Allstar 4 years ago. I planned to get her an Nfinity sparkle bag for this season, but was also eyeing a dream bag. I ended up ordering the dream bag. I think it will be more functional for us. The black sparkle is on back order but they aid it would likely ship by the beginning of July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on how big your books are. As a student nurse, just one of my texts easily weighs 5 pounds. They're big and bulky and the front pocket is slightly odd shaped. I'll be happy to test it out for you tonight when I get home.
I did use my Airbac for classes and that sucker was still heavy as heck, but it did fit my books and laptop.

Awh that must suck! :( I don't know about university but in year 9 we have all of our textbooks online, but I do know in year 11+12 they are paper.

I'm not sure what books I need yet because they come pre-downloaded on our iPads from the school. But I can't read like that because I prefer paper books, so I'll have to order my own once I see what they are. Unfortunately we won't get our iPads until orientation in August ☹️

I might just stick with the Nfinity backpack then since I know it fits what I need. I might end up buying a dream bag for traveling though since they look so darn cool.

On the sparkle fabrics, does anyone have experience on spills and if they clean up well? Both cp and retired have the matt black and I've put them through the delicate cycle in a washer without an agitator and air dry and they come out well (Note: That's probably not suggested by the manufacturer, I did it as a last resort). I've been hesitant to get the sparkle fabric only because I'm pretty sure my kids set them in every soda spill and dumped dippin dot they can find. Anyone?

Awh that must suck! :( I don't know about university but in year 9 we have all of our textbooks online, but I do know in year 11+12 they are paper.
I honestly don't use the textbooks, generally. I was forced into purchasing this one because I had to have the access code to do the interactive assignments. I was just going to by the code, but it was $110. The book was $125. So I bought the book.

I'm not sure what books I need yet because they come pre-downloaded on our iPads from the school. But I can't read like that because I prefer paper books, so I'll have to order my own once I see what they are. Unfortunately we won't get our iPads until orientation in August ☹️

I might just stick with the Nfinity backpack then since I know it fits what I need. I might end up buying a dream bag for traveling though since they look so darn cool.

I know it holds a lot and when worn properly, distributes the weight very evenly. I usually put all the folders, laptop, and my fold-a-file thing in the laptop area. Then all the ziplocs with all the different "emergency" supplies in the big front pocket. Keys, gum, etc in the little front pocket. Water bottle on the side. Phone and portable charger in the other side pockets that zip to keep them secure, and then an extra water bottle/snacks in the shoe compartment. I'm pretty sure I could get at least two of my huge books in it along with a lab reference and drug reference book, too.

You could try looking at some of the larger 33L backpacks made my Dakine. They're not cheer specific but I've had the same one for more than 12 years and it's held up amazingly.

You could try looking at some of the larger 33L backpacks made my Dakine. They're not cheer specific but I've had the same one for more than 12 years and it's held up amazingly.

I'll have to look into those! Are they online only? I'm not familiar with the brand. I've always opted for sports backpacks for school since they are so durable.

I'll have to look into those! Are they online only? I'm not familiar with the brand. I've always opted for sports backpacks for school since they are so durable.

You can find them online, as well as any skateboarding or even big box sports store. You can get them online on amazon tons of options. Actually they're sports & technical bags so they're very durable with a limited life time warranty on zippers and seams. I had a seam along a zipper break on a bag from 2007, about 5 months ago. The company replaced it after looking at photos and then sending me an online store credit to purchase a new on from their site, and they covered shipping and handling.

Back