All-Star Before Performing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There was this girl on my team last season who would talk to me before we went on at every competition, because I would be having a panic attack, (happens every competition.. I get really nervous :$) and she would say the dumbest things. You don't even want to know the things she said............ But she always made me laugh. :) And I would get less nervous!

We pump each other up, we talk and try to get our nerves out, tell the flyers to be super tight always and before we go out we have a chant we have to do

before my team performed last season usually at nationals we would hug every single person and tell them something encouraging like "hit your stunt" "you've got that pass" "lots of facials!" it helped me out because it could get my mind off of being next on the mat and it could always make my team happy. we would also pray to the 'cheerleading gods'! then we would call it up and be ready to walk out :)

we circle up and pray and then each of us have are little hand shakes we do .. then we circle up again and do the I believe chant and then some seniors give little talks .. also lately we have bin playing jigalo (sorry if that's spelled wrong ) in warmups and backstage with the teams behind us to get pumped up

for Sr5 we say the lord's prayer , then we do a 20 sec silent prayer , then we put our hands in and say "CC here we go. G5 , yeah you know. Can we win it? Yes we can. How we'll win it. Hand in hand. G5. 1 , 2 , 3 lucky stars G5." then we just all pump each other up.

for Sr3 we say say the lord's prayer , then we do circle where we move back and forth going "ohhh , ahhh" then we scream and our coach says Why are we here? We're here to win! How do we win? We win together! Luck Stars! Now and Forever! awww , 1 ,2 ,3 Lucky Stars Shine *clap* *clap* *clap* sequal.

My team is so.... I guess relaxed is the best word. They don't pump themselves up. They don't sing. I always expect them to be dead on the floor but they always blow me away. I don't know why this still surprises me.

I usually go into freak-out mode, then try to calm down but it doesn't work, but right before we take the floor I just feel ready to work it. We as a team break out with our coaches, then right before we take the floor. We also have varies speeches, hugs, "you got this," and dancing.

we circle up and pray and then each of us have are little hand shakes we do .. then we circle up again and do the I believe chant and then some seniors give little talks .. also lately we have bin playing jigalo (sorry if that's spelled wrong ) in warmups and backstage with the teams behind us to get pumped up
I will never understand why kids play gigolo... does anyone else here know what a gigolo really is? Strange...

Re-tie my shoes like a million times, and tighten my bow. Put on more chapstick, coach gives a little peptalk and then leaves, and then we break on something that relates to the competition, or something funny that happened at practice that last week, usually ending in "power"

Stand in a circle, say hail mary. Then we scream "I believe that we can win! I believe that we can win! I believe that we can win! Who are we?! Junior 3!"

I know what an actual gigolo is but what is/how do you play the game? :)
A team circles up and sings, "gig-olo, gig-gig,alo... gig-olo, gig-gig,alo... Hey ______." "Hey What?" "Hey ______" "Hey what? "Show us how you gigolo, please show us how you gigolo" "I put my hands up high, my hands down low, and this is how I gigolo!"

Back