All-Star Before Performing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A team circles up and sings, "gig-olo, gig-gig,alo... gig-olo, gig-gig,alo... Hey ______." "Hey What?" "Hey ______" "Hey what? "Show us how you gigolo, please show us how you gigolo" "I put my hands up high, my hands down low, and this is how I gigolo!"
we always called that wiggalo.. lol and it's a cheer around here. i have never heard of it being a game.

i always remind my team to do their own jobs on the floor and to not stress about anyone else landing their pass or sticking their stunt. if youre worrying about somebody elses job, youre not doing your own.
and right when we're walking on i always say "hands off the floor, ladies" because we have maaaajor issues with touchdowns.

A team circles up and sings, "gig-olo, gig-gig,alo... gig-olo, gig-gig,alo... Hey ______." "Hey What?" "Hey ______" "Hey what? "Show us how you gigolo, please show us how you gigolo" "I put my hands up high, my hands down low, and this is how I gigolo!"

Love <3 Tamzin we have to do that at jammy!

my team breaks up into our stunt groups and we do our little handshakes and then laugh and say how bad we have to pee and tell the flyers to stick it and twist :)

I will never understand why kids play gigolo... does anyone else here know what a gigolo really is? Strange...
im not sure either what it is so i goggled it and got a really inappropriate answer so im not gonna say it .. but its a fun game lol

i tend to get the worst anxiety attacks ever before our Stuntpart Competiton. I am sitting somewhere in the dressing room completely pale and miserable looking and not talking at all. Asking myself why the heck i am doing this lol
Before the Team performance i am usually more relaxed and try to motivate the other girls. And while i am writing this i am getting anxious for our next comp on Saturday wah :help:

I dance around with my friends, shake the nerves out, we have our sayings we do before performing and I have to hug the same two coaches in a particular order before going.

In our gym every team has at least 10-15 minutes of random stuff. Some stuff is cute, some stuff is VERY WEIRD .. but hey! it works. If you forget ANYTHING forget about it, then you have a bunch of crazy cheerleaders freaking out because there rituals where wrong!!!! .. I have to go around and touch EVERY KID on the team's shoulder and tell them to fight for their stunt (I don't do it for every team in our gym) .. And the weird thing me and three other coaches do is have a prayer circle before our teams go on. We don't pray to let them win, we pray to let them hit there routine, and if a coach is missing (cuz there with another team) then we leave there spot open in the circle. ... In our gym we base NOTHING on talent, its pure superstition... Seems to be working well so far haha

We all stand in a circle, cross our arms and point our toe to let 'em know. Then we do our prayer, and then "I believe". Our team motto, "One team, one family, one unit.. G - UNIT." And then we do this thing that kinda started with one of our coaches just being really goofy at the beginning of the season. We smack the floor 4 times, clap 4 times, snap 4 times, move our hands in a circle twice, booty pop whilst saying "BRING IT BACK, BRING IT BACK!" and then shout as loud as we can " HIT YO' STUFF!!!!!"
:D :D
And we do all of this before every competition.

Also, the flyers all pray together and the boys all pray together before we go.

OH, and I look at my friend Sara and say SWAG. Talkin' about her standing tuck swag. ;]

The boys put on their uniforms and then we pray and give each other good luck hugs.
Wow you make us sound so boring. haha
-Boys put on uniform tops
-Our coach we call mom leads us in prayer
-We clap after the prayer which cues me to jump in the middle and sing a Gospel Spiritual song
-And then we do our team break
-After this everyone does their own certain thing handshake or w.e. I pray again with a teamate I have been on the same team with and prayed with every competition for 8 years.
-Mom (our coach) hugs everyone but I have to be last or I freak out.
:)

Wow you make us sound so boring. haha
-Boys put on uniform tops
-Our coach we call mom leads us in prayer
-We clap after the prayer which cues me to jump in the middle and sing a Gospel Spiritual song
-And then we do our team break
-After this everyone does their own certain thing handshake or w.e. I pray again with a teamate I have been on the same team with and prayed with every competition for 8 years.
-Mom (our coach) hugs everyone but I have to be last or I freak out.
:)

I totally dont think of our pre performance ritual as this big, I honestly think of it as a 3 step process

Back