All-Star Best Conditioning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 10, 2011
I was wondering if any of you have any good tips on conditioning (especially for youth and juniors)?
I have no fantasy what so ever and I'd like to give my girls something funnier then basic interval-training and hollow body holds. Also "harder" excercises that's more challenging.

Any ideas are welcome!

Surfer girls! Those are really fun in my opinion :) it's like a sit up with your legs off the ground, and then you touch your arms to each side. Another I like is lemon squeezers ( a sit up with your legs off the ground, and coming together ) have fun!

We always did this thing called Oval Office. Basically you divide the team into two groups and one groups stays in the middle of the floor, the "office" and they do some kind of conditioning while the other group runs around the office. Start at 10 laps, the 8, 6, 4, 2, and sprint the last. When the first group finishes 10 laps then they switch places with the people in the middle. The conditioning changes after each round.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Candle stick roll-ups!
I love them.
And you would be surprised at the number of kids who can't do a proper candle stick.
Roll up to both feet or make it harder by rolling up to one foot.

I'm a big fan of push-up circles…though I don't think my girls are. ;) Put all the girls in a circle & have them get into a push-up position. Have the first girl do one push-up then the next does one push-up, etc until you've gone around the circle once. Then the next time around they each do 2 push-ups until you reach the # you want them to do. They all hold the push-up position the whole time and the next person can't do start their push-up until the person before that is done with theirs. I usually go up to 5 , then back down to 1.

I saw a video of someone doing burpee back tucks- you do you push up and then jump up and do a tuck. Looked very challenging but something worth trying some day.

We've done burpee backhandspring too but I always forget about them. Thanks for reminding me! :p
If your kids are having a really chatty day and you've had enough, burpee toe touches are probably the worst punishment ever. Way harder than burpee tumbling IMO

Back