All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

a girl has missed the last two weeks of practice because the air conditioning is out at her house. oh ok...

i'd like to tell that girl about when i had no power for almost a week during hurricane irene & was at both practices + tumbling. you wouldn't believe how much i enjoyed being at the gym (more than i already do;)) where there was electricity let alone air conditioning.. i would just shower at a teammates house who lived close by after practice then off i went back to my hundred degree pitch black house. it was so fun:rolleyes:

Lol I was a math nerd I use to always try to figure out things or different ways to do problems!
In Algebra 2 the teacher told me I was the 1st person in her 15 years of teaching to score 100 on all 6 reports cards for the year. I also passed the mid term exam with a 100 and did not miss one problem!!:)
even though I was over the number of absences allowed she excused me from the final because I could of took a score of 0 and still had a B in the class!

Honestly though I think it really depends on the person I was the same kid who cheated my way through science. Like seriously I HATE science and I failed gym my freshman year. Lol
I failed chemistry first semester and got a d this semester. 3rd times a charm maybe?

Last year this girl on my team was always late. One day she was super late and didn't call. When she finally came in, she sat down on the floor and ate her dinner!! Seriously!! :banghead:
That is awesome I potentially would have pulled my iphone out and videoed such a display for fear no one would believe my story!

I've heard some corkers over the time.

I've missed a few practices with pain or drowsiness from painkillers (I learnt not to attempt to cheer with cracked ribs and prescribed painkillers in my system. double vision when back basing isn't exactly ideal, nor is bursting into tears randomly...)

...but i've never outright lied about missing a practice - at university there was one time I decided I was too annoyed with how i'd done the previous session and my hamstring was seriously bugging me (I tore it badly when i was 14, never healed properly so I needed lots of physio and care etc), so I decided to go out drinking with the girls I lived with instead. And I told them that. Comp season was over and practices were getting more and more chilled, so I figured lying was pointless. Someone would see photos on facebook and snitch anyways.

i'd like to tell that girl about when i had no power for almost a week during hurricane irene & was at both practices + tumbling. you wouldn't believe how much i enjoyed being at the gym (more than i already do;)) where there was electricity let alone air conditioning.. i would just shower at a teammates house who lived close by after practice then off i went back to my hundred degree pitch black house. it was so fun:rolleyes:
I will say my son missed a week of practice for hurricane Irene (two practices). He's (now) a cadet chief master sergeant in the NC Civil Air Parrol and has a ton of certifications, including FEMA Certifications and others. So when hurricane Irene slammed into the coast of NC, he got called into active duty to be deployed for disaster relief services. We drove him to the rally point on a Sunday about two hours away and his colonel brought him home the following Friday around 3am. he missed the first week of school as well.

It ws easy to prove though...his picture ended up in the civil air patrols national magazine that month working a POD (point of distribution) site with the national guard (we framed it).

I'm very well aware of my future life as a military mom. It's in my sons soul. It's just a part of him to fly (airplanes, not stunts) and dedicate his life to the USAF. He's already logged over 10 hours, been deployed, gotten an achievement commendation, I'm driving him up for encampment (his third) this weekend and he's staff for encampment this year. He has every intention of cheering for the USAF Academy (god willing he gets in)

I just didn't think I'd get my first taste of sending my kid off to be deployed....when he was 13.

There's "focused" on your goals...and then there's my son.

It's only fitting he cheer for "Aviator."

I have only missed one comp ever, and that was as a coach. It sucked horribly, luckily it was a very small comp and my girls were not competing against anyone (but looked fantastic!). The open team I was on with another program had our nationals that same weekend, and everyone was made aware ahead of time.

Anywho. I HATE summer practices. I feel like I am talking to a brick wall sometimes with kids having to show up. I totally understand that people go on vacation, get sick, etc. I have already had kids not show up and later on say "I just didnt feel like coming".

...What?! It just blows my mind. I could probably count on one hand how many practices I have missed. I have shown up to practices disgustingly sick I dont know how many times, shown up injured (at least have to watch, right?), I even went and practiced when I was HORRIBLY sunburned. Sounds stupid, but man I was so burnt. It was my stupidity, though catching a flyer while looking like a tomato is not fun. Heck, I am not cheering this year, but I still continue to show up to every open team practice. People now a days need to learn COMMITMENT. Ack. Please excuse my rant :)

I have only missed one comp ever, and that was as a coach. It sucked horribly, luckily it was a very small comp and my girls were not competing against anyone (but looked fantastic!). The open team I was on with another program had our nationals that same weekend, and everyone was made aware ahead of time.

Anywho. I HATE summer practices. I feel like I am talking to a brick wall sometimes with kids having to show up. I totally understand that people go on vacation, get sick, etc. I have already had kids not show up and later on say "I just didnt feel like coming".

...What?! It just blows my mind. I could probably count on one hand how many practices I have missed. I have shown up to practices disgustingly sick I dont know how many times, shown up injured (at least have to watch, right?), I even went and practiced when I was HORRIBLY sunburned. Sounds stupid, but man I was so burnt. It was my stupidity, though catching a flyer while looking like a tomato is not fun. Heck, I am not cheering this year, but I still continue to show up to every open team practice. People now a days need to learn COMMITMENT. Ack. Please excuse my rant :)
I hear you. We just have a different mindset. My kids are bumming rides off the coaches so they can be at the gym basically 24/7 while I'm at work so they can stretch, work on tumbling and stunting skills. Luckily, our coaches are awesome and are like...yeah! Well come get them! Summer is the BEST time to practice, no conflicts, no choreo so it's just conditioning and skills development. You can't get my kids OUT of the gym during summer.

I will say my son missed a week of practice for hurricane Irene (two practices). He's (now) a cadet chief master sergeant in the NC Civil Air Parrol and has a ton of certifications, including FEMA Certifications and others. So when hurricane Irene slammed into the coast of NC, he got called into active duty to be deployed for disaster relief services. We drove him to the rally point on a Sunday about two hours away and his colonel brought him home the following Friday around 3am. he missed the first week of school as well.

It ws easy to prove though...his picture ended up in the civil air patrols national magazine that month working a POD (point of distribution) site with the national guard (we framed it).

I'm very well aware of my future life as a military mom. It's in my sons soul. It's just a part of him to fly (airplanes, not stunts) and dedicate his life to the USAF. He's already logged over 10 hours, been deployed, gotten an achievement commendation, I'm driving him up for encampment (his third) this weekend and he's staff for encampment this year. He has every intention of cheering for the USAF Academy (god willing he gets in)

I just didn't think I'd get my first taste of sending my kid off to be deployed....when he was 13.

There's "focused" on your goals...and then there's my son.

It's only fitting he cheer for "Aviator."
well that's obviously a legitimate excuse! wow i didn't know you could be deployed at 13.. that's so impressive please tell him thank you for his service:)

A girl on my team decided to not show up for practice for the last 3 weeks. She had one of her friends (instead of directly talking/texting our coach.) pass along a message that she had a sore shoulder. Our coach follows her on twitter...and saw that she was at the pool all day long! Really?:rolleyes: And her sister who's also on the team thought that she didn't have to go since her sister wasn't going. So tonight, they finally showed up. Everytime they said they didn't know how to do something, or 'I haven't ___ in forever, do I have to?', our coach would say things like, 'maybe you should start coming to practice.' & 'that's what you get for not showing up for 3 weeks.' needless to say, I love my coaches.:D

I completely agree! I'm out with a back injury right now (was tumbled on.), and I've been at EVERY practice for my 2 teams for the past 2 months. I even SAT at tryouts. And there's people not coming to practice because of what? No honey, get your butt in the car and be at practice-if I'm there, cheering on and supporting my team, you should be too!

Oh gosh is chemistry that bad? I suck at math and science is one of the things I'm good at but if chemistry is going to be like practically another math class then I'm screwed. :confused:
yes, chem is that bad! science is normally my best subject, and I almost had to take it again! I mean, I was a sophomore in a class of juniors, but still!

Here's one of my gripes....kids who take, "the summer off." Really?

Because summer is straight up, hard core conditioning, individual skills development and learning new stunts. Our J4 only does lv 4 stunting for about half the stunt time in practice, after that, it's all level five and yesterday they introduced two man stunting (which none of our kids have done before, we have a few that do true unassisted single based, but everyone else has only ever been in groups of four).

I'm no expert....but, it seems like you should BE there for that kind of thing. If you show back up at choreography is the team expected to wait while the coaches have to do remedial stunt training for you since everyone else learned it, practiced it and got it over the summer workouts you skipped?

This annoys me. :/

I've had a teammate call our coach once practice had started saying she couldn't make it because the St. Patrick's Day parade had blocked all the ways out of town... Meanwhile her neighbor from 2 streets down aka me was sitting right in front of our coach.

There's been so many others that I can't even think of right now, it's killing me.
HAHA I was that coach ... remember Tyson's book of excuses??? ... What were some of them?

Back