All-Star Best Poofs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It might have been my video. It's still there as far as I know. I have to preface this by saying it was done at like 10 o'clock one night after my daughter got home from practice LOL! I did it fast and in one take because a lot of the parents were having trouble with poofs. I can't stand watching it and listening to myself LOL!!
Hahaha the pouf was so perfect though! Do you have a link to the vid?

I think my poofs are pretty good.

100MEDIAIMAG0366-1-1.jpg

** sorry about the silent movie its a bit awkward talking to myself when my dorms so quiet lol

-alright so i did a really quick video on how to do a poof these arent spectacular but it gives you the just of how to do one fast - i did not use any hair spray or anything though

step one section hair off use a bigger area if you have fine hair like me

step two once you have the section you want pull your remaining pieces of hair out of the way so you dont get it confused

step three section the original area off with a tiny pony tail or elastic doesnt really matter

step three take your little pony tail twirl it into place and pin in at the size you desire behind the pony so you know it will hold

next take two hair pins and add them infront of the pony to keep it extra secure

step four(or five) add in bow :)

i did this and it worked great! no more teasing!!!!! thanks

So I would like a really good tutorial. I can read instructions but to see it on the video would help me with my cp's!

44354665-5bbf-8f54.jpg

This is one time when I braided her I did the poof. I straightened her hair because it's easier to do it initially but because I can't straighten her hair down to the root- it starts to crease up no matter what I put on it since it's like kinky curly!
You can see it in the next pic really badly
44354665-5c38-25a8.jpg
and then it makes it more uneven! Haha I'm a failure and no hair stylist and all these poofs are so cute!!

@Kris10boo have you tried using a relaxer on her hair before straightening it? It may help with creasing since you can't get all the way to the root with a straightener. Also do you use a flat iron or pressing comb? I've found it's a bit easier to get closer to the scalp if you use a pressing comb with narrow teeth.

@Kris10boo have you tried using a relaxer on her hair before straightening it? It may help with creasing since you can't get all the way to the root with a straightener. Also do you use a flat iron or pressing comb? I've found it's a bit easier to get closer to the scalp if you use a pressing comb with narrow teeth.

My daughter would wear her hair straight everyday if she could. She is only 6, she wants her hair to be like mine and all the other white girls hair.

So I try to encourage her to wear it curly and to embrace what she has! She hates it! This year for her first grade school pictures she started crying saying she wanted her hair straight for pics and I almost didn't let her do it but I gave in.
I've heard that a relaxer would definitely fix my babies problem but it would also ruin her hair. This is her hair when it's curly...
44354665-b58f-9fc1.jpg

if her hair didn't look like this afterwards I'd regret doing it!:(

I use a flat iron on her hair; I've never tried the pressing comb. So that may help. When I straighten her hair she loves it because she says she looks like beyonce...
44354665-b615-e67c.jpg

44354665-b6ce-99d8.jpg

But even then the back looks cute but after like an hour her roots start crinkling up and then I make her put her hair up because it looks a mess!

So I'm going to try the pressing comb so thank you for your advice!!!
As far as the relaxer I'm just so uncertain!!

My daughter would wear her hair straight everyday if she could. She is only 6, she wants her hair to be like mine and all the other white girls hair.

So I try to encourage her to wear it curly and to embrace what she has! She hates it! This year for her first grade school pictures she started crying saying she wanted her hair straight for pics and I almost didn't let her do it but I gave in.
I've heard that a relaxer would definitely fix my babies problem but it would also ruin her hair. This is her hair when it's curly...
44354665-b58f-9fc1.jpg

I use a flat iron on her hair; I've never tried the pressing comb. So that may help. When I straighten her hair she loves it because she says she looks like beyonce...
44354665-b615-e67c.jpg

44354665-b6ce-99d8.jpg

But even then the back looks cute but after like an hour her roots start crinkling up and then I make her put her hair up because it looks a mess!

you have the cutest daughter in the world.

44354665-b58f-9fc1.jpg

44354665-b615-e67c.jpg

44354665-b6ce-99d8.jpg

first of all SO adorable, ahah i love her last outfit
and in the first picture are those her natural curls?! soo pretty

first of all SO adorable, ahah i love her last outfit
and in the first picture are those her natural curls?! soo pretty
Thank you!! The last picture she said was her white girl swag- skinny pants and some vans. Lol
And yes the only thing in her hair to do that was hairspray! I can only do her hair like that tho straight from a bath or shower!

She says a boy at school last year said her hair was ugly like that and I have to take a brush and brush them out because curls aren't cute! She does not like them all together like that! Idk why... So if she brushes them it doesn't make it straight it just separates them and to me it looks more like a perm and it poffy-er kind of like this-
I don't have a pic of the back but I have a pic where you can see the sides and she looks like a poodle!
44354665-c889-1dd4.jpg

So that's what's happens when it's brushed!!

44354665-b58f-9fc1.jpg

44354665-b615-e67c.jpg

44354665-b6ce-99d8.jpg

Please dont relax her hair. Once you relax you will eventually have to keep doing it. Buy a really good flat iron and use it, thats how I stretch the time between my relaxers, its a pain to deal with.

Back