All-Star Best Poofs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

44354665-c889-1dd4.jpg
mini kiara? haha :) adorable

Please dont relax her hair. Once you relax you will eventually have to keep doing it. Buy a really good flat iron and use it, thats how I stretch the time between my relaxers, its a pain to deal with.

Yeah I can't do it, I know the flat iron and all the heat ain't the best for her hair but I think it would be better then putting a relaxer in! I'm just hoping maybe one day she will love her hair!

Yeah I can't do it, I know the flat iron and all the heat ain't the best for her hair but I think it would be better then putting a relaxer in! I'm just hoping maybe one day she will love her hair!
Take her to a hair dresser and let them show you how to press her hair. There are things you can do to protect it that will also keep it straighter longer. She is gorgeous and so is her hair! There are tons of girls of all races who would kill to have beautiful curls like hers! Don't relax it - not only do you have to keep doing it but it is so damaging and she may end up losing so much of her length and thickness.

@Kris10boo - DON'T relax that baby's hair! Her hair looks very similar to my daughter's hair, and I didn't let my daughter start relaxing her hair until she was 11-12 and it has been a nightmare ever since. FINALLY I've got it all grown out and she just uses a flat iron again (she's 17 now), NO MORE RELAXERS. I know how hard it is to get to the roots, especially when they're little like your cp, but the relaxer just ruined her hair. I agree with whoever said to try a pressing comb, just for the very front, around her face.

As for the pouf, my cp is the pouf master, so I'll ask her if she has any "biracial hair poufing tips" for you - hers is always perfect and never budges, the whole day.

Y'all are all so nice!!!!:)
I was never educated enough to want to try a relaxer but I just knew that I couldn't do that to her especially not at 6! So many adults tell her they like her hair it's just her kid friends that don't! She was upset because they did something in class where they made their face on a plate and attached hair to it (yarn) and she was mad because the teacher didn't bring in curly yarn and she is the only one in her class with curly hair. She use to like if I would braid her hair and put it up top somehow kind of like an up do but I'm probably the slowest braider! Lmao

I will try to take her to a hair place maybe she will like that better if they show us the different things we can do instead of me just telling her!

As far as the video I would love that or even great tips from
Your cp poofs aren't my thing!

My daughter would wear her hair straight everyday if she could. She is only 6, she wants her hair to be like mine and all the other white girls hair.

So I try to encourage her to wear it curly and to embrace what she has! She hates it! This year for her first grade school pictures she started crying saying she wanted her hair straight for pics and I almost didn't let her do it but I gave in.
I've heard that a relaxer would definitely fix my babies problem but it would also ruin her hair. This is her hair when it's curly...
44354665-b58f-9fc1.jpg

if her hair didn't look like this afterwards I'd regret doing it!:(

I use a flat iron on her hair; I've never tried the pressing comb. So that may help. When I straighten her hair she loves it because she says she looks like beyonce...
44354665-b615-e67c.jpg

44354665-b6ce-99d8.jpg

But even then the back looks cute but after like an hour her roots start crinkling up and then I make her put her hair up because it looks a mess!

So I'm going to try the pressing comb so thank you for your advice!!!
As far as the relaxer I'm just so uncertain!!
Relaxers = bad idea
I used one on my hair because mine is rediculously curly, and it made it wavy. I went to flat iron it three days after I got it relaxed, my hair melted at the root. I lost about half of my hair for it. I had to put clip in extentions in my hair so it looked close to normal. That was when I was in seventh grade. I am now in the eleventh grade and the broken hair has just reached the length of the rest of my hair. Honestly, if you can avoid relaxing hair, please do. I don't want anyone to have to deal with what I had to.

My daughter would wear her hair straight everyday if she could. She is only 6, she wants her hair to be like mine and all the other white girls hair.

So I try to encourage her to wear it curly and to embrace what she has! She hates it! This year for her first grade school pictures she started crying saying she wanted her hair straight for pics and I almost didn't let her do it but I gave in.
I've heard that a relaxer would definitely fix my babies problem but it would also ruin her hair. This is her hair when it's curly...

I use a flat iron on her hair; I've never tried the pressing comb. So that may help. When I straighten her hair she loves it because she says she looks like beyonce...

But even then the back looks cute but after like an hour her roots start crinkling up and then I make her put her hair up because it looks a mess!

Yes.. PLEASE don't relax her hair (I don't think you were seriously considering doing it anyway)...simply because shes too young and you already said you don't know how to care for it. Relaxers only damage hair, when people don't take care of their hair properly.

As for straightening her hair...I'm going to be perfectly honest. Another poster mentioned taking her to a salon...do it.. Go to a black salon, pref. one that has a stylist that can deal with natural hair and you will be amazed at the results. My niece is 6 and has very very "kinky" curly hair and occasionally gets it hot combed (I'm from the south and thats what we call it) but since she sweats so bad it never stays straight very long.

Personally... I'd love to have curly hair...but I guess you always want what you don't have.

when i was BATC i saw this girl from cheer extreme and she had the best poof i have ever seen... EVER... it wasnt to to high up but it was big and when you looked at it from the side it was still in the ball shape.. it wasnt all squished in so the poof was only saw perfectly in the front.. do you know what i mean?

Yes.. PLEASE don't relax her hair (I don't think you were seriously considering doing it anyway)...simply because shes too young and you already said you don't know how to care for it. Relaxers only damage hair, when people don't take care of their hair properly.

As for straightening her hair...I'm going to be perfectly honest. Another poster mentioned taking her to a salon...do it.. Go to a black salon, pref. one that has a stylist that can deal with natural hair and you will be amazed at the results. My niece is 6 and has very very "kinky" curly hair and occasionally gets it hot combed (I'm from the south and thats what we call it) but since she sweats so bad it never stays straight very long.

Personally... I'd love to have curly hair...but I guess you always want what you don't have.

I wasn't really ever considering it; it's just so frustrating straightening her hair! Im from the south too like not the deep south but we hear people call it a hot comb all the time! The sweating or the humidity which is really bad in TN just makes a mess of it! She just feels like a princess and so special when I make it straight.
I'm going to take her to a shop too and she loves anything girly like that so I'm sure it will be a good experience for her and we will learn a few things as well.

As far as was wanting what we don't have I use to spend hours with a curling iron and my hair would never stay curled! So maybe as she gets older she will be thankful for it at some point!! Thank you :)

& thanks to everyone else for all the nice things and information. Also sorry I didn't mean to hi-jack the poofs thread!!

44354665-b58f-9fc1.jpg

44354665-b615-e67c.jpg

44354665-b6ce-99d8.jpg

I am so happy to hear that your aren't going to relax baby girl's gorgeous hair! Once you get a relaxer in her hair, it's permanent! I allowed my daughter, who also wanted straight hair, to relax her hair and it is one of my biggest regrets for letting her do that to her gorgeous curls! I don't want to hijack this thread, but if you want some tips on everyday hair styles for biracial/black hair, please do not hesitate to message me! :)

Thank you!! The last picture she said was her white girl swag- skinny pants and some vans. Lol
And yes the only thing in her hair to do that was hairspray! I can only do her hair like that tho straight from a bath or shower!

She says a boy at school last year said her hair was ugly like that and I have to take a brush and brush them out because curls aren't cute! She does not like them all together like that! Idk why... So if she brushes them it doesn't make it straight it just separates them and to me it looks more like a perm and it poffy-er kind of like this-
I don't have a pic of the back but I have a pic where you can see the sides and she looks like a poodle!
44354665-c889-1dd4.jpg

So that's what's happens when it's brushed!!
her hair is gorgeous! and i think it even looks amazing like this! she is so cute!

Back