Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When teams that have boys on their team look at me like I'm an enemy or cannot POSSIBLY be just as good or better than their guys. And when they also treat you like crap.

I remember one time when I was at this competition, and I said, "Excuse me" in a plite manner to one of the girls...why did this female look up at me like I was crazy? I looked away with shock on my face and turned around and wanted to slap the bow off of her head, but then I asked nicely again if she could move so I could walk through. Why did she not comply? I looked at my coach and she said, "Just go the other way."

I shook my head, walked away and never wanted to go off on a girl so bad in my life.

When someone is in the jump seq. and does the jump but doesn't do the tuck and they just stand there so when the pic's come up everyone looks great except the one set of legs all the way in the back

Ugh. I HATE this with a fiery passion. So rude!:mad:

:eek::eek::eek: OMG...What gym would allow this??? Both gyms we've gone to would KILL the girls if they did this! (One the spankies were sewn in, so it would've been impossible, but still...) I think the "mom" in me would fly out and I'd have to say something.

our spankies are built in

when a team beats u and gives u faces, brags, and when they walk and bumb into u and say " ooo im sooooo sorry" and as they walk away u can hear them sayy hah jk

For sure people walking in front of the floor while kids are competing or up and down the aisles during routines.

I guess these can be for HS/ allstars?
1-HS cheerleaders acting like HS cheer is SOOOO hard.... pleasee go to an allstar practice and look up WORLDS
2-People thinking HS cheer is IT... therefore cheerleading ISN'T a sport?! look up WORLDS and then tell me it isn't a sport

my two biggest pet peeves are definitely when everyone is not dressed the same, in their warm up at awards and also when girls wear their uniform top with jeans. It just looks trashy.

My biggest pet peeve is senior teams that put up 10 year olds... anyone can throw a 80 lb girl and pull a kick double...

When a team is from a gym with 10+ teams, I am in agreement with you. However, small gyms do not have the luxury of being able to even out squads in terms of age and skill level. What if you have one or two girls who are only eligible for senior squads, but do not have the skill level for a 4 or 5 squad. The gym can either tell them "sorry, we have no place for you" or they can move a junior squad up to senior level in order to allow those girls to take part. Believe me, I am sure the gym would rather have the predominately younger squad compete against squads more their age and experience, they stand a better chance. But the gym made a place for those older girls and trust me on this, the mothers of the girls in that category are very grateful.

This doesn't happen often, but it did happen to my entire gym at Jamfest Nationals in 2006.
Unfair judging. At Jamfest, we had a guy who had some beef with our gym because we chose someone else to do our choreography that year instead and Idk why he was so mad, it was really nbd. Well, he turns out to be one of the judges. We all hit basically 2 greatt days and it was one of those competitions when you almost guarantee you're gonna get 1st maybe 2nd. Well we all ended up with bad placements. When we saw score sheets, he was the only one who was giving us really negative feedback, and he was criticizing our routine.

Also :) -
- overly energetic cheerleaders, such has shaking your head around til you get whiplash.
- paying over 10 dollars to get into a pointless one day competition and you don't even get anything when you win.
- competitions who don't allow videotaping, nobody buys mr. video anymore
- i know competing can be stressful and intense, especially if it's a big deal, but i HATE crabby teammates. just because i make one mistake backstage doesn't mean you can chew me out.
- i really don't like jamfest awards. most of us older kids don't care about jammy, it was fun when i was little cause i thought it was cool when i tripped him but i want to get our award and drive 5 hours home because i have school tomorrow.
- i hate when the lights are on during a competition, it just seems really weird. i want the arena to be dark with lights on the stage.
- bad sportsmanship. people need to realize that we're all competitive cheerleaders who want the same thing, we're all a part of the same group, we just belong to different gyms.
- i hate stages off the ground, they can be fine but i've seen a couple people fall off and it's scary.
- when announcers drag words out. aaaaannnnnddddd pppppppllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssee wwwwellllllccccccccoooooommmmmmeeeeee ttttttoooo tttheee sssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggeeee iiiiiiiiiiinnnnn thhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeee seeeeeeeeeeeeeniiiiiiiiiiooo- oh lookk, the routine is over.

i'm gonna stop now :)

Name them all! We all know that we have pet peeves for all star teams & for your high school teams :)

I would have to say mine is when you are waiting in the long lines to view the pictures and you see on one computer a cheerleader, next to her one of her teammates, and then a mother on the next computer.

I actually stood behind a girl that was right next to her mother, stepped over to the computer her mother was viewing, discussed a pic, and when I tried to get on her computer she told me she wasn't done.

Latest posts

Back