Biggest Competition Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I cannot stand those blow horns. We were at a competition recently and one of the teams had the air horns and kept blowing it during routines and just extremely rude.

- the people talking trash about another team and the people who dont clap when a team wins
- the feeling you get when your division is being announced and the announcer takes FOREVER.
- when teams dont go on at scheduled time !

When teams get up in the middle of awards and leave the stage. They should at least wait until its over whether they placed well or not.

When the 2nd place team is announced and the 1st place team's fans scream and carry on...it's rude!

When people are inconsiderate and stand up or walk in and out of a competition during a performance.

I guess I can say my biggest pet peeve is rude fans!

I mean I know some of the new shorts are just as short as spankies, but they're SHORTS--meant to be seen. Spankies are NOT AN OUTFIT. Gross. I think this may be my new competition pet peeve even tho fortunately I've never had to live through it.

But I also hate competitions that are not scheduled well. Last year at US Finals my older daughter's senior team went early in the morning and had awards at lunchtime. My younger one's MINI team went on at 8 PM and had awards at 9:15. Seriously??? Isn't that backwards? It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that teenagers have no problem being up til 10 or 11 at night. 5-8 year olds? God they were so cranky. It was awful.

Competition schedules are sooo my biggest pet peeve! If they are scheduled based on age, the level 5s would have awards earlier. It also makes it great for them when there is an audience. I sit through the show teams, minis, etc. I clap and celebrate along with the other gym parents. Usually by the time my daughter's division competes and has awards you can hear the crickets chirping.
Wow! I would have loved to have been at that competition!!! My daughter is in high school and on the bus at 6:20 am and class starts at 7:00!

Competition schedules are sooo my biggest pet peeve! If they are scheduled based on age, the level 5s would have awards earlier. It also makes it great for them when there is an audience. I sit through the show teams, minis, etc. I clap and celebrate along with the other gym parents. Usually by the time my daughter's division competes and has awards you can hear the crickets chirping.
Wow! I would have loved to have been at that competition!!! My daughter is in high school and on the bus at 6:20 am and class starts at 7:00!

LOL...my daughter is up that early for school too (she's in 11th grade) but she sure doesn't like it--and she definitely doesn't like it on Saturdays and Sundays. But I wouldn't mind the seniors being in the mornings if it hadn't meant the minis were at night. That was just plain too late for my little one--the actual awards for MINIs weren't over until almost 11:30! But I hear you about awards for Level 5s--sometimes we try to stay for the late ones, but it really is a long day, so I'll admit I'm guilty of leaving after my kids are done. :oops: But the few times I have stayed for Level 5, it's still been a full house--I would think everyone wants to hear who wins level 5, don't they? Maybe just at big Nationals I guess.

Ouch! 11:30 IS painful. I know...let's all send emails to the event promoters so that everyone can feel the win-win in scheduling. What better time than now so that can be at the top of their to do lists before the 2011-2012 comp. season. ;)

i have a pet peeve of when the competitions play long games before an award ceremony..especially if its late at night

Hi newbies! :) I don't like it when I try to go watch one of my teams in the priority seating and I can't get to the front because random people from other gyms are there....

Hi newbies! :) I don't like it when I try to go watch one of my teams in the priority seating and I can't get to the front because random people from other gyms are there....

:(

Back