All-Star Biggest Fear In Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

getting seriously hurt and it ending my cheer career. or breaking a bone just in general.. every single competition i always think up the worst possible thing that could happen to me on the floor and what i'll have to do after that to finish.. lol
like a basket gone wrong and i break my leg, but no. i can't stop no time for cry i have to finsh limp through pyramid and dance THEN burst into tears and be done..lol

OMG I do this all the time! Ive even watched videos of ppl getting hurt and keep going and I think that theyre soo cool haha.

Feeling like I let my team down at a competition and I was why we didn't place well.
The worst feeling in the world!:(
i totally agree worse feeling ever :'(
but skill wise my biggest fear used to be kick double baskets as a flyer until i got used to them

My flyer/best friend falling backwards over my head while in a full. It happened once on wood gym floor, and I've been terrified ever since!

Also, I nearly had a panic attack when my flyer wanted to try a back tuck basket! Even thinking of it scares me beyond belief. And not to mention my lame fear of connecting skills.. I've got a standing tuck, but not a jump bhs or double bhs!

Tumbling Collisions, Pyramid Collapses, Broken teeth, open wounds.

Worst cheer injury I've ever seen- girl overthrows her double, lands funny on her heel and her knee goes through her skin, her knee and top of calf were protruding out of the skin on her knee. I don't think I've ever seen someone so pale and wailing so hard in my life, this is my biggest fear of happening to anyone!

I think as a sport - The biggest fear is a Backhandspring. Ive had more 'mental blocks' or 'fear' with kids doing BHS's than anything else. I truely feel this is because most gyms dont teach them correctly, etc. If you got through the proper progressions BHS wouldnt be as scary. I feel coaches have a better knowledge of how to teach tucks and layouts than they do backhandsprings. And if that isnt the case - I feel like coaches are 'okay' with rushing a BHS or having their knees infront of their toes in a BHS.

Falling in a stunt at a Cheer Comp. knowing that I have let my team down. And getting seriously injured like breaking a bone :(

Basically, what is going on right now was my biggest fear in cheerleading. I injured my back last night at tumbling on the tumble track. And now, we're just waiting a couple days to see if it's just bruised or if I actually need to go get it checked out. I'm praying its just bruised, especially because I leave for Woodward in 15 days :mad: I'm so frustrated!!

Making a flat out mistake on the floor, or knowing that our team is going to lose. Either way, I always come off the mat crying, yes I am baby for 13 years old but I am so emotional when it comes to cheering! Also, I'm always afraid of someone stepping on the back of my shoe. I don't know why, but it always freaks me out!

Back