OT Book Club

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Love Harry Potter! I read a really good book on the plane to DC - "Brain on Fire". There's a lot of psychology talk sprinkled throughout it, and I might be biased bc I'm in AP Psych but I thought it was really interesting!
I'm over the dystopian society books too. They're all the same at this point. I went to see divergent and it's literally almost identical to "Matched".... So that was annoying. Seeing the movie made me even less likely to read it.
Lol. I know this is an old thread; however, I liked the movie more than the books. I especially loved the music. Though, I guess that's just me. I've never seen 'Matched', so I can't respond there.

That you'd suggest a movie is ever better than a book.
Well, I'm sorry, I never read the book! I saw the movies and that's all. I have nothing to fall back on but the movies. Lol.
And normally, books are better, and more enjoyable. However, this time I only got to see the movie; I have no other experience with Divergent.

Well, I'm sorry, I never read the book! I saw the movies and that's all. I have nothing to fall back on but the movies. Lol.
And normally, books are better, and more enjoyable. However, this time I only got to see the movie; I have no other experience with Divergent.

Divergent's books are terrible and the movies aren't much better. It'll be interesting to see if the third movie fixes what the third book did or not. Though totally random---shouldn't you be in school? I'm not ancient, but do they really allow kids to sit on their phones in class?

Divergent's books are terrible and the movies aren't much better. It'll be interesting to see if the third movie fixes what the third book did or not. Though totally random---shouldn't you be in school? I'm not ancient, but do they really allow kids to sit on their phones in class?
Lol. I'm currently in Math, Period 2. The only reason I am online right now is that we were taking tests online yesterday, and I'm done. People are still working today, so those who are done, get basically a free period.
I am not on my phone, I'm using my school-provided Chromebook.
And I already read the plot. I won't ruin it here though, lol.
I guess everyone has their own opinions. Again, I just like the soundtrack.

Lol. I'm currently in Math, Period 2. The only reason I am online right now is that we were taking tests online yesterday, and I'm done. People are still working today, so those who are done, get basically a free period.
I am not on my phone, I'm using my school-provided Chromebook.
And I already read the plot. I won't ruin it here though, lol.
I guess everyone has their own opinions. Again, I just like the soundtrack.

2nd period already? Man y'all start super early! What state are you in?

2nd period already? Man y'all start super early! What state are you in?
Pennsylvania. Here, we get picked up by our bus at 7:05 (depending which bus you ride, bus stop locale, driver's pace, etc.). We go to early bus room until 7:29. School begins at 7:35. This, in turn, forces the majority of us to wake up at 6:00 in the morning, which, for Pennsylvania, is still pitch-black dark.

Pennsylvania. Here, we get picked up by our bus at 7:05 (depending which bus you ride, bus stop locale, driver's pace, etc.). We go to early bus room until 7:29. School begins at 7:35. This, in turn, forces the majority of us to wake up at 6:00 in the morning, which, for Pennsylvania, is still pitch-black dark.

That sucks, our high schools start around 8:30 and our middle schoolers at 9.

That sucks, our high schools start around 8:30 and our middle schoolers at 9.
It certainly does suck. Both middle and high school start at the same time, and end at the same time. They made it earlier, so they could end the day at 2:40. This way, students could participate more easily in extra-curricular activities.
I don't know about the others, but I value sleep. Cheer starts at 5:30 on Wednesday. I'd have no problem commute-wise to get off at 3:30, but start at 8:00.
Elementary kids, they're the luckiest ones. They get to start at 8:30. Yippee for them..... NOT.

It certainly does suck. Both middle and high school start at the same time, and end at the same time. They made it earlier, so they could end the day at 2:40. This way, students could participate more easily in extra-curricular activities.
I don't know about the others, but I value sleep. Cheer starts at 5:30 on Wednesday. I'd have no problem commute-wise to get off at 3:30, but start at 8:00.
Elementary kids, they're the luckiest ones. They get to start at 8:30. Yippee for them..... NOT.

Our Elementary starts first and ends first, they specifically made middle school last because they're the most 'at-risk' for trouble so by keeping them in school later they'll commit less crimes? I think it's dumb and did when they changed it, but whatever.

Our Elementary starts first and ends first, they specifically made middle school last because they're the most 'at-risk' for trouble so by keeping them in school later they'll commit less crimes? I think it's dumb and did when they changed it, but whatever.
Lol, for us it's opposite; middle and high school ends earlier than our elementary!
I'm in eighth grade and have been here since last year, you think I'd be used to it, but no.....

Well that make since when older siblings are out to watch younger siblings.
Yes. For example; I have to watch my younger brother today and my baby sister, since my parents are out in Erie. Since I'm always home by 3, I can get home in time to pick my brother up from the bus, and feed my sister when she awakens.
Otherwise, I would not be able to do that.

Back