OT Book Club

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Thanks going to try to start this weekend. Need to stop watching so much TV. Dang Netflix

If you have the iBooks app, Pride and Prejudice is free, as well as LOTS of the classics. I am a old-fashioned paper kind of girl and will never stop buying real books... I actually hate reading electronically completely.. but it's FREE so I thought I'd share :) loved Pride and Prejudice and Emma! just never got around to reading Sense and Sensibility.

I just tried to read Gone Girl and I had to stop. I was utterly bored 30 pages in.

The official mobile device of the Khalessi

I did not like Gone Girl. It wasn't that it was boring, i just didn't really like reading about uninteresting (& very screwed up) people. The ending was fine, I just thought none of the characters redeemed themselves in any sense. I wasn't looking for a happy ending, and the ending surprised me in some ways, I just thought at least one character could've learned SOMETHING from the experience or grown or changed.

I finished reading "Let the Great World Spin" by Colum McCann today and it was amazing! One of the best books I've read in a while and if you're looking for something to read I would definitely recommend it.

If you have the iBooks app, Pride and Prejudice is free, as well as LOTS of the classics. I am a old-fashioned paper kind of girl and will never stop buying real books... I actually hate reading electronically completely.. but it's FREE so I thought I'd share :) loved Pride and Prejudice and Emma! just never got around to reading Sense and Sensibility.
I down loaded all her books for 1.99. Can't beat it. I am totally converted to electronic. Started with Emma and currently at chapter 5. Takes some getting us to the language though. I liked gone girl

I did not like Gone Girl. It wasn't that it was boring, i just didn't really like reading about uninteresting (& very screwed up) people. The ending was fine, I just thought none of the characters redeemed themselves in any sense. I wasn't looking for a happy ending, and the ending surprised me in some ways, I just thought at least one character could've learned SOMETHING from the experience or grown or changed.

That's almost how I felt like too. It felt like I was just about a boring rich girl and her boring husband and their rich people problems. Maybe someday I'll really need something to read and I'll pick it up again but I doubt it.

The official mobile device of the Khalessi

If I don't like a book by 50pgs in, I won't finish it, so I'll never get to experience the second half
I kept at it only because I figured it HAD to get better. I rarely stop reading mid book, I just can't. It has to be really bad or boring.

I kept at it only because I figured it HAD to get better. I rarely stop reading mid book, I just can't. It has to be really bad or boring.

Lol I do all the time. I feel like since I spend 40 hrs a week with books there's no sense in my wasting time reading a book I don't like

But honestly as a librarian I shouldn't have wasted time trying to read Gone Girl. I read books for readers advisory services, I don't need to read a book like Gone Girl to recommend it to others because it's already a popular title. I should be finding books people haven't heard of I guess

Anyway right now I'm (re) reading "A Knock at Midnight" which is just a books of sermons by MLKJr and I'm (re) reading "A Call to Conscience " which is a book of his speeches

I like them because I can skip around

I finished The Maze Runner in less than 24 hours (woops) so obviously I thought it was really awesome! I need to see the movie now and finish the trilogy.

I also started reading Unbroken (the one recently turned into a movie). I haven't finished it yet, but I have to say it's a good and interesting read.

Oo I had to add that I looove Gone Girl. My jaw was on the floor by the end of the book. I love Gillian Flynn's style.

Back