All-Star Cali Aces Jamz Incident

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There is NO protocol for ANY major cheerleading organizations like what is done in other sports. And yes this issue should be addressed asap and gyms, programs, events that continue to do this are at a higher risk for a lawsuit.
Doesn't the injury waver that everyone has to sign at the beginning of the season cover them from law suits?

I have busted my head open before.

I slipped on ice down stairs and hit my head on the metal slab on top of the concrete post. It looks just like the pics above and I had to get staples and in all honestly they probably didn't know what happened. (I have pics on here of it somewhere)

Anyways, after I fell I just remember laying there. I was not competing like them so I had no quick urge to stand up. My friend was like omg are you ok. I remember saying yes I have never felt pain like that before but I'm fine. I get up to walk off and my friend gets real upset she is like omg your head is bleeding an its cut open. I did not believe her! I reached my hand around the back of my head and got nothing but a u handful of blood!!

I went into shock. My friend wanted to take me to the emergency room. I was like no I'm fine I'm ok. I'm going to drive home! She was like noooooo!

I didn't listen to her. The pain and the freak out started 30 mins later when my head would not stop bleeding!

Crazy stuff I end up suing and getting quite a bit of money for it!

Anyways hope those ladies heal quickly. Seriously was so disturbing seeing the video but I don't think they knew how bad it was. I didn't know how bad mine was and wouldn't have noticed the blood dripping out of my head if it wasn't for my friend!

There needs to be a cap on the amount of athletes tumbling at one time. For example for a squad of 20 only twelve at time. Squad of 36 only 22 tumbling. With every coach having the mentality of " maxing out/hitting the score sheet" they jam pack routines with girls who are not physically able to perform the skills let alone within less than a foot of space from the person next to you. It takes a lot for me to overcome the anxiety of doing jumps to back especially if I'm in the middle of a formation.

There needs to be a cap on the amount of athletes tumbling at one time. For example for a squad of 20 only twelve at time. Squad of 36 only 22 tumbling. With every coach having the mentality of " maxing out/hitting the score sheet" they jam pack routines with girls who are not physically able to perform the skills let alone within less than a foot of space from the person next to you. It takes a lot for me to overcome the anxiety of doing jumps to back especially if I'm in the middle of a formation.

I think this would make routines more dangerous. That would then require coaches to cut even more time from transitions to put another standing tumbling section in. Routines are already rushed enough as it is.

I think this would make routines more dangerous. That would then require coaches to cut even more time from transitions to put another standing tumbling section in. Routines are already rushed enough as it is.
I disagree I think it would showcase the skills better, give the judges an idea of what they are judging. Panthers have a version of segmented sequences that displayed true skills, dynamic to the eye,didnt take forever and was safe with 36 girls on the floor.

Besides all the injuries which absolutely break my heart...I found Cali Aces last year and was so impressed with them at worlds they were one of my favorite teams. This year it looks like they are bringing it again. Love the music and everything about the routine! Once they are recovered from the injuries, this team is going to have an amazing season!

Looking back on the situation it's quite apparent to me that Tayler was in shock and did not realize how badly she was injured.

This leads me to a question that could be used in everyday life as well.
Say someone is that injured but they can't see it (ex. huge gash on their head) and they know they're injured but they go up to you and ask how bad it is.

(Think of someone feeling something on them and they ask you what it is and you knock the huge bug off their back and tell them it was a leaf)

Layer on the fact they are - or could easily slip into - in shock. Do you either keep everyone calm and tell them they're okay so they don't get upset and become shocked or do you let them know right off the bat who bad it is? This is more on the psychological than physical side.

Say someone is that injured but they can't see it (ex. huge gash on their head) and they know they're injured but they go up to you and ask how bad it is.

(Think of someone feeling something on them and they ask you what it is and you knock the huge bug off their back and tell them it was a leaf)

Layer on the fact they are - or could easily slip into - in shock. Do you either keep everyone calm and tell them they're okay so they don't get upset and become shocked or do you let them know right off the bat who bad it is? This is more on the psychological than physical side.

We talked about this in my psychology lecture the other week. (My prof is a registered nurse and has LOTS of experience and has many, many medical stories for us.) She told us to NEVER let the person see or tell the person how bad an injury is (if it really is that bad) until you get them cleaned and fixed up if you can help it. Something about how the body doesn't always feel the pain right away until they see the injury. And once their brain sees the injury and registers what has happened, the patient could slip into shock.

If you watch the video though (and obviously we can't hear what they're saying BUT) it looks like her group was trying to get attention to the fact that she was injured, and right before they finally cut the music, it almost looked like her coach was motioning her off, and she was like "i'm fine" and went into a prep for the pyramid. Maybe she DID need to be told how bad it was.

ETA: again, all speculation and assumption based on body language and facial expression. I don't know what was said. but it could certainly look that way.

Wow. That is probably one of the worst collisions I've seen in this sport.
Another example of why we need better medical safety procedures at events. Yes it's not mandatory but how about we go for the smaller venue so we can put more money in the budget towards Paramedics onsite?

We talked about this in my psychology lecture the other week. (My prof is a registered nurse and has LOTS of experience and has many, many medical stories for us.) She told us to NEVER let the person see or tell the person how bad an injury is (if it really is that bad) until you get them cleaned and fixed up if you can help it. Something about how the body doesn't always feel the pain right away until they see the injury. And once their brain sees the injury and registers what has happened, the patient could slip into shock.
Makes me think of when I was little, I was standing on a pew in church and i slipped off and hit my head on the pew in front of it. I got up and the teenager (my dad was a youth minister) who was watching me asked me if I was ok and I was like YEA I am fine. Then she said maybe we ought to go to the bathroom. The minute I looked in the mirror and saw blood I freaked out and started crying. I really think she had no idea what had happened to her.

Back