All-Star Cali Elite..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No small senior team has wowed me yet, at all.
Panthers, Cali, and CF did it last year.
Rays, clean, decent difficulty, but I really only watch for Angel Rice.
SSX, decent, but I can't sit through their stunt with them all completely off time, it makes me want to pry my eyes out.
GBE, I really don't understand the hype about them... Some of the sloppiest tumbling and stunt work I've ever seen. It hits, but it's sloppy.

That being said, I know when this routine reaches it's max potential (which I believe the other 3 "big" teams in this division already have), it will destroy everyone. It has a lot of potential, it just hasn't been reached yet.
If any other team went out there and did this, it would be because it was "early", give them time people.

I really enjoy reading your posts because you have no actual knowledge but you have such conviction in your thoughts. Very entertaining.

I really enjoy reading your posts because you have no actual knowledge but you have such conviction in your thoughts. Very entertaining.

Ima have to actually agree with the dude on no wowing. And agree up until he started talking about potetial.

Also the video from last years season opener was awesome, opening with tons of doubles. Rather than fulls to the front. And it's like they can't even do their signature jump sequence anymore...

Ima have to actually agree with the dude on no wowing. And agree up until he started talking about potetial.

Also the video from last years season opener was awesome, opening with tons of doubles. Rather than fulls to the front. And it's like they can't even do their signature jump sequence anymore...
They actually open with 9 standing fulls, 4 of which are toe fulls and 4 cartwheel fulls. It has been said numerous times now that they watered down the tumbling for this comp, clearly those will be 3 to doubles. Then they follow that with 5 two to whip doubles. The stunt will be very impressive once they hit; ball up to stretch, full up from prep, switch up to opposite lib(im sure it will be a stretch sooner or later) high tick to scale. I don't understand where you don't see the potential??
Also the comment about their jumps makes me laugh. I do recall people throwing a fit last year over a certain team having similar skills to their routine the previous year... It's like no one will ever be satisfied...

dedewu96302 said:
i was a bit disappointed when i saw it last night as well... i was expecting like a buttload of doubles and a creative stunt... but seems like a cookie cutter routine with more standing fulls...

people always like to hype up something just by the name. ppl need to start looking at it as a comparitive view, rather than "omg their name is ___, OMG THEY WERE AMAZING!" plz ppl....

Dude, i absolutely agree with this statement, across the boards.

They actually open with 9 standing fulls, 4 of which are toe fulls and 4 cartwheel fulls. It has been said numerous times now that they watered down the tumbling for this comp, clearly those will be 3 to doubles. Then they follow that with 5 two to whip doubles. The stunt will be very impressive once they hit; ball up to stretch, full up from prep, switch up to opposite lib(im sure it will be a stretch sooner or later) high tick to scale. I don't understand where you don't see the potential??
Also the comment about their jumps makes me laugh. I do recall people throwing a fit last year over a certain team having similar skills to their routine the previous year... It's like no one will ever be satisfied...

It's the truth!

According to Les Stella and the usasf once you take a step into a skill it is considered running tumbling so those Cartwheel fulls are not standing fulls or are not counted as such, Don't get me wrong I love cali but they are not considered fulls. I liked the routine better then the first routine they showed last season, and i watched it without sound, I think I will check it out with sound, I might like it better!

My post was more opinion than fact.
I don't need an extensive knowledge in cheerleading (although I do consider myself more intelligent than you want to give me credit for) to see when difficulty isn't to the extreme, or something is sloppy.

How on earth are people judging them on this video. Guarantee most on the people not impressed with be o cali this cali that come next comp.

How many times do people have to say that the routine is watered down, that girls were out because of inguries and literally last minute fillins. It's like when orange had their first showing they practically had everything watered down and people didn't make a big fuss about it or when many people called top guns basic stunts "amazing." I'm not putting them on blast I'm just pointing out how hipocrite some people are. That is exactly why they didn't want to upload the video and because the routine has been hitting consistently during practice.

Sorry for those people who were expecting every girl to throw a duble but Cali is not the gym to focus and highlight just one team.

How many times do people have to say that the routine is watered down, that girls were out because of inguries and literally last minute fillins. It's like when orange had their first showing they practically had everything watered down and people didn't make a big fuss about it or when many people called top guns basic stunts "amazing." I'm not putting them on blast I'm just pointing out how hipocrite some people are. That is exactly why they didn't want to upload the video and because the routine has been hitting consistently during practice.

Sorry for those people who were expecting every girl to throw a duble but Cali is not the gym to focus and highlight just one team.
Oranges first performance was on non-spring floor, that's why it was so watered down.

Back