All-Star California All Stars Blackout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I saw this tread I thought it was an announcement of a new CALI team name ;).

It's a good idea, but I wonder if they'll have the guts to enforce it w/ consequences if someone breaks the rule.

Talk about from one extreme to another - last year they had cameras following them every step of the way, now they aren't even allowed to post on Instagram.

Haha "next up we have the California allstars Blackout!"
"Do they mean black Ops?"

I can't upload the picture, but I saw it on Mads (smoed maddie) instagram & cheer-paparazzi instagram

It´s not okay for an athlete to post such things. Talk about your feelings with your coach, not the public. But you can´t prevent all the fan-pages and cheer-stagrams posting dumb things.

I can see asking my athletes for a social media black out if there where things going on that disturb them doing their job ;-)

I don't see why we hype on Smoed athletes (or even big name athletes) so much when there where a lot of people bagging them out after NCA. A flyer feel and got hurt big deal (that being said I do hope she's feeling better) Angel buckle/busted/blocked her tumble pass again big deal! These are kids they're going to act like, surprise surprise, kids! One of their athletes took to tumblr blogging about NCA and asked again what the big deal was and when did they have to be so perfect 24/7.

I know I've posted stuff about my feelings after training or a comp and I know other athletes do as well!

So if you've never said anything about training or comp or an athlete leaving without saying so, then go ahead and continue to judge these KIDS if you have then I'm sure you'd support this social black out!

You should really keep in mind that their youngest is only 12 and their oldest (and yes these athletes should be more responsible and know better) are 18, not 20+ year olds with jobs or in college.

I read the letter and @Official OWECheer is right - it's for athletes and coaches on Worlds teams.
I don't think it's a bad idea, and bless Tannaz's heart. It's almost like she's having to babysit her staff as well as the athletes, but she called the blackout in a way that doesn't specifically scold the adults, while encompassing them in the time-out. Smart lady, she.

i have to wonder if its just for smoeds gym location, cause i still see plenty of people active from LB and coed. not that i blame those kids, considering they have nothing to do with whats going on.

@Mamarazzi Like I said... for athletes AND coaches (i.e. don't give out your password).

Especially coaches. Sweet Jesus.

I normally don't use the Lord's name in vain (I don't want to offend my religious fellow Fierceboarders), so you know this is serious. Perhaps a password change would help?

Last edited:
nope... on atheletes instagram
funny the cali on the uni is photoshopped out lmao i guess that makes it legal
thats normal to have the cali logo edited out when promoting their side clinic business. they cant use someone elses brand to promote their own side business. at least that has been the case for cali athletes. i *think* ive seen ca athletes use the ca logo for their side deals and other gyms athletes as well.

This isn't just a "smoed thing".Putting anyone at any gym up on a cheerlebrity pedestal is not a good idea. (Yes, I'm side eyeing some parents who pimp their little suzies out too!) As someone who grew up around "the business" I can tell you the "15 seconds" may be lucrative...but ultimately for almost all, the price paid is much higher. At the end of the day everyone is human with human weaknesses and flaws.

Back