All-Star California All Stars Blackout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's presumptuous to assume the remark is about Brandon. To be honest I don't know if it is or isn't. If it is, shame on them. That's shady and sounds bitter. Although, and maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't call people out for making mean, nasty remarks about Brandon based on that tweet alone. There isn't even a reference to Brandon.
What @cheeranwers said. And if by chance it wasn't against Brandon it was still aimed towards a team. It wasn't just a random tweet talking about skills and what level they are.
In fairness, I saw a lot worse from athletes and coaches from other gyms who were clearly bitter that they didn't win, but that tweet was clearly an insult.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

This isn't just a "smoed thing".Putting anyone at any gym up on a cheerlebrity pedestal is not a good idea. (Yes, I'm side eyeing some parents who pimp their little suzies out too!) As someone who grew up around "the business" I can tell you the "15 seconds" may be lucrative...but ultimately for almost all, the price paid is much higher. At the end of the day everyone is human with human weaknesses and flaws.
Omg this, so this. All these bows I'm just like .

i think its a pretty educated assumption. they tweeted a skill that brandon (unarguably their number 1 competitor) did. the day after brandon got 1st at a major competition. when they got 6th. and then deleted it. given all this, AND their history of publicly posting negative comments, i cant see how people DONT think this is about brandon
Exactly, it's an assumption. I believe comments have been removed not because of guilt but rather because posts get misconstrued. Controversy erupts over the most innocent of remarks resulting in distraction to everyone involved. I'm not claiming every comment made is innocent of ill will whoever makes it. And I'm not insinuating absolution for past comments. But, unless this individual was key in posting negative comments about Brandon in the past I feel they deserve benefit of the doubt relative to their post.

Let me be clear I'm against all negative posts regardless of who makes them. And I believe that everyone deserves benefit of the doubt no matter what team they are on. It's just that I feel that if we accuse unjustifiably calling people names we are no different than the people who make negative posts. And we're adults. We then become part of the problem perpetuating untruths and furthering an adversarial environment between athletes and fans.

Now let me tell you why I don't think the post was directed at Brandon. Aside from being told that it wasn't, I was in the Arena when Brandon performed. Not only did I see SMOED cheer on Brandon as they performed but I saw them give Brandon a standing ovation at the conclusion of their performance. I also saw a post from a SMOED coach giving accolades to Brandon following their performance. There were no misgivings at NCA, SMOED knew they weren't in the running for top billing. They blamed themselves for that, nobody else. And, I never heard a single negative remark directed at Brandon out of a SMO. I did hear praise however.

All in all this is why I think we shouldn't make a rush to judgement in these cases.

Back