All-Star California Allstars Expanding?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Someone always makes the mc Donald's arguement, but there is no similarity. Your only commitment to McDonald's is the minute you are in line paying for your food, no one cares if the next time you go, it's to another location.

If you had to sign up with one and only go there for a year, they wouldn't want another one down the street
Plus you wouldn't go to McDonald's you'd pick much higher quality food if you had to commit for a year :)

I'd hardly say that the coaches they left taught them ALL they knew....as if Cali gets them and doesn't have to put in much work or retrain in some cases. Most kids that have gone there have had to push themselves to a whole other level. And again it goes to what you do with the talent. Laney and Bianca were on same team on Stealth and how did that go? But you're right it's sad there isn't much competition out there, but it's also sad when the quality of the competition isn't there. It's not just about numbers, most athletes I know would rather go up against 1 or 2 truly competitive teams than 5 or 6 teams that aren't. By the way if it was just about putting talent together then the Force merge would've gone a lot better.

Of course they've learned at Cali nobody's denying that but their skills for the most part were taught at different programs which led them to increase difficulty at Cali.

You don't know exactly why kids leave their old program, sometimes they move, sometimes they don't like the way the business is run, and sometimes they just feel suffocated and like they can't progress at their gym.
Or they finally have the skills to get a worlds ring. I know that was a lot of my old teammates' desires. They worked very hard for their skills at their gyms, but they thought Cali could give them a worlds ring.

I know girls who have left their 'home' gym because even though they taught them their skills, the gym wasn't going in the direction they wanted to go in. And what if an athlete is in high school, has strong level 5 skills but their gym doesn't have a worlds contender team. Do they have to put aside dreams of winning a globe and ring, because of loyalty? Waste their last few years of cheer not competing at their true potential.

Yes you have relationships with people at your gym, but just like any relationship if it's not good for you, you have to get out of it. Some don't leave because they have no where to go. When they get their opportunity to go somewhere else they do. I don't think the new gym has much an impact besides that, unless an athlete just wants to be apart of a big program.

I know girls who have left their 'home' gym because even though they taught them their skills, the gym wasn't going in the direction they wanted to go in. And what if an athlete is in high school, has strong level 5 skills but their gym doesn't have a worlds contender team. Do they have to put aside dreams of winning a globe and ring, because of loyalty?
Soap box alert:

This whole idea of loyalty to a business gripes me. Maybe that makes me a cast iron b____ or too cut throat or something but my loyalty to my kids comes first. I will never (and I mean never) put aside what is in the best interest of my kid because we've worn a specific uniform for several seasons. I don't "owe" the program we're with any more than what the invoice states...and if that's paid, I don't owe them anything.

We choose the program based on the needs of our kids. I'm loyal to them and them only. I'm not dramatic, I'm not raising any fuss, I'm not making any big entries or exits, but if the program were with fails to provide what my kids need, we will finish what we owe them (in terms of money and season commitments) and well find a place that is more aligned with their needs.... Period. That will continue until they age out or they decide they are done cheering.

There was a lot of "you should be loyal to where you started!!!" When we left our initial program for our current one. I said the same thing then... I'm loyal to my kids...and the business I'm paying to train them will never be more important to me than my kids are. They come first. And for the people that claimed were "taking the skills they were taught here and letting someone else have them!" That gripes me too.

My kids paid for every one of those skills with blood, sweat and tears and I paid for them in cold hard cash. They're my kids skills, not the property of where they learned them. They stay with us. And we'll stay with our program; right up until they stop meeting our needs.

/endrant.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Soap box alert:

This whole idea of loyalty to a business gripes me. Maybe that makes me a cast iron b____ or too cut throat or something but my loyalty to my kids comes first. I will never (and I mean never) put aside what is in the best interest of my kid because we've worn a specific uniform for several seasons. I don't "owe" the program we're with any more than what the invoice states...and if that's paid, I don't owe them anything.

We choose the program based on the needs of our kids. I'm loyal to them and them only. I'm not dramatic, I'm not raising any fuss, I'm not making any big entries or exits, but if the program were with fails to provide what my kids need, we will finish what we owe them (in terms of money and season commitments) and well find a place that is more aligned with their needs.... Period. That will continue until they age out or they decide they are done cheering.

There was a lot of "you should be loyal to where you started!!!" When we left our initial program for our current one. I said the same thing then... I'm loyal to my kids...and the business I'm paying to train them will never be more important to me than my kids are. They come first. And for the people that claimed were "taking the skills they were taught here and letting someone else have them!" That gripes me too.

My kids paid for every one of those skills with blood, sweat and tears and I paid for them in cold hard cash. They're my kids skills, not the property of where they learned them. They stay with us. And we'll stay with our program; right up until they stop meeting our needs.

/endrant.

I could not have said this any better!

Soap box alert:

/endrant.

AMEN!!!!!

Soap box alert:

This whole idea of loyalty to a business gripes me. Maybe that makes me a cast iron b____ or too cut throat or something but my loyalty to my kids comes first. I will never (and I mean never) put aside what is in the best interest of my kid because we've worn a specific uniform for several seasons. I don't "owe" the program we're with any more than what the invoice states...and if that's paid, I don't owe them anything

I totally agree! As a child, it seemed wrong to me when my mother suggested a gym change, but as I have gotten older I realized it probably was for the better. Yes my old gym improved, but it wasn't where I fit and that was more important than anything.

If I had a gym in Ontario, this would just push me to push my gym harder and worker harder. I would want to strive to be the best in Ontario. I wouldn't come to the boards to complain about how a well known gym is moving to the area. I would view it as more competition to show who is better in that area. There are so many Cali haters who live next door to the gym that it is hilarious. As a Cali alumni all I have to say is get fired up by making your team better, not by complaining to the boards. If you are gonna be the best, it's not going to happen on the boards.

End rant

Soap box alert:

/endrant.

Love love this!!!!! It's home to what my daughters other gym did to her after spending 6 years there!!!!

Soap box alert:

/endrant.

OMGSH you just put into words the very same thing I was thinking. People seem to forget that at the end of the day these gyms are a business and we are customers. Face it if as a customer you don't pay your bills they wouldn't think twice about "kicking you to the curb".

Also I am wondering what some of these people would like Cali to do with these talented young kids that do come to their program every year from other gyms. Oh we are so sorry you didn't start our gym from the crib so you can't go here. The great thing about Cali is that they have a wonderful mixture of kids that have been there forever and kids that just started. Some families have had multiple kids grow up through their program. On their Worlds teams you will find plenty of home bred Bullets as well as the new Bullets. Anyone and everyone is welcome.

Back