All-Star California Allstars Expectations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate the "I forgot" excuse or the "My mom didn't pack them" excuse...Put your big girl pants on and take responsibility as an athlete! You don't think a football player forgets his helmet or a hockey player forgets his stick...So why should shoes be an exception in our sport. HaHa! Being a former hockey player, if something was left at home, You bought that piece of equipment from the pro-shop before you stepped on the ice, and that equipment is not cheap! Could you imagine buy a new pair of infinity's or varsity shoe every time your CP forgot them....Food for though! So I feel that 25$ fine is totally cool! Make these kids responsible young people!
A few months ago, my cp looked in her cheer bag before we left for practice, saw the white she was looking for, and we left (it takes about 30 minutes to get there when practice starts because it is rush hour). Pulled into the parking lot and she realized it was the white shirt she threw in there at the last practice, not her cheer shoes. After looking in the "lost shoe box" at the gym hoping to find something in her size, which we didn't, we bought her a new pair of shoes. No choice, she needed cheer shoes to practice. Needless to say, she double and triple checks now before we leave the house and I make sure to ask her 2-3x. And the other pair of shoes now stays in the car as a back up.

i think its weird to make people physically pay for a thing like that. being forced to sit out a practice or miss a comp, etc seems more normal and appropriate for those type of situations. idk maybe its a huge problem for cali, so they decided to take drastic measures, or maybe they are just looking to get more money out of parents, who knows.

The only issue with making them sit out a practice or miss a comp is you are not only taking something away from the athlete but also the team. They would ahve to fix that spot for someone else to fill in because they forgot their shoes to practice or were absent ? I think the fee is a good thing and its just a reminder like if you dont do this then this is what happens. They probably have higher attendance for enforcing rules like this

I love the idea of using fines to help deter lateness and unexcused absences. I actually suggested it to our gym owner a couple months ago when asked for ideas about how to help combat those issues.

When a child lays her head on a mat and gets ringworm on her face, it's a sign shoes need to be worn. These gyms don't have the time, plus it breaks down the mats to have them cleaned often. The fungus and vomit that resides on them should be motivation enough to wear shoes, however, if it isn't, I'm all for them charging to help pay for cleaning and replacement.

When a child lays her head on a mat and gets ringworm on her face, it's a sign shoes need to be worn. These gyms don't have the time, plus it breaks down the mats to have them cleaned often. The fungus and vomit that resides on them should be motivation enough to wear shoes, however, if it isn't, I'm all for them charging to help pay for cleaning and replacement.

Ugh, I sure hope you are speculating about that and not speaking from experience :confused:

So gross, but yet, so true!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I understand the idea of fining for not being on time but I work downtown (Chicago) and I take the train and there was a time that my train broke down on the way home and it was before my cp drove and we didn't have anyone that lived near us so she had to call the front desk to give them the heads up that she was going to be late. We live an hour away in traffic as well so it's stressful enough for me if my train is late or when you hit alot of traffic. Some things are out of my control and I can only do so much. So maybe if after 3 times late you add some type of fee but $25 would still be hard to handle after paying for the all star fees, plus all of the costs when you go to a competition, dvds, etc. It all adds up.

I don't think it's the one off situations. There are athletes who are consistently late and do not follow the rules. It drove me crazy. I lived an hour away and our commute was during rush hour. In 4 years we were late for reasons out of our control maybe 5 times.

IMO AllStar Cheerleading is way too expensive for me and my athlete to put up with those who do not take it seriously. If the gym has to fine you to get you to adhere to the rules, so be it. Follow the rules or find another gym or sport.

No no no, this is just ridiculous. Conditioning, yes. Monetary punishment, no bueno. Makes them sound kinda greedy. IMO

I don't think its greedy at all. The only way to get people to do the right thing and follow simple rules is hit them where it hurts the must...in their wallet. I'm sure those funds are put to good use. I don't think they are getting rich off of it.

I don't think its greedy at all. The only way to get people to do the right thing and follow simple rules is hit them where it hurts the must...in their wallet. I'm sure those funds are put to good use. I don't think they are getting rich off of it.
Omg! So it would be a great idea if that money went to less fortunate cheerleaders in the gym or maybe even a substantial local charity... But what happens when the less fortunate kids forget their shoes? Do you embarrass them?

Omg! So it would be a great idea if that money went to less fortunate cheerleaders in the gym or maybe even a substantial local charity... But what happens when the less fortunate kids forget their shoes? Do you embarrass them?

I think the point of the rule is to follow the rules or you are penalized. Gyms are businesses so everyone should pay no matter their financial background

I think the point of the rule is to follow the rules or you are penalized. Gyms are businesses so everyone should pay no matter their financial background
I understand but this is how you lose athletes... I just feel bad. Seems not right. I just don't like when money is bought into the equation. Cheer isn't supposed to be about the money but you raise a good point. It should be the same across the board for all athletes, similar to any rule.

Our athletes stay 15 mins after practice for no bow or no shoes/tardiness and condition hard through that time. (Their ride has to wait, too, so they get the point) If you miss a practice the week of comp, you're not competing. They bring an athlete from another team to learn your spot. No excuse is acceptable period, they don't care who you are, they mean it. We don't have extra practices, though, so it works because you also know how important it is for them to be there. There is no talking to Suzy's mom and saying, Well, she forgot her shoes, she has to stay and condition. Suzy starts conditioning, coach doesn't speak to parent period, and Suzy leaves promptly 15 mins later.

I understand but this is how you lose athletes... I just feel bad. Seems not right. I just don't like when money is bought into the equation. Cheer isn't supposed to be about the money but you raise a good point. It should be the same across the board for all athletes, similar to any rule.

this is where you have degrees of 'punishment' starting with conditioning the first (few) time(s) after practice 10-15 minutes then if that doesnt work and the pattern continues then you get them to pay.

Dude it's not about the shoes. I am sure the gym implemented the policy for those who consistently violate the rules. I'm sure they got tired of telling these athletes/parents over and over again.

Embarrassing someone has got nothing to do with it. And from my experience it's not the less economically fortunate who forget.

Back