All-Star California Allstars Expectations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dude it's not about the shoes. I am sure the gym implemented the policy for those who consistently violate the rules. I'm sure they got tired of telling these athletes/parents over and over again.

Embarrassing someone has got nothing to do with it. And from my experience it's not the less economically fortunate who forget.
DUDE! It's obvi not about the shoes dude. It's about taking $25 for something petty dude. Conditioning will suffice as a punishment. The 15 minutes after practice sounds like the best idea.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

DUDE! It's obvi not about the shoes dude. It's about taking $25 for something petty dude. Conditioning will suffice as a punishment. The 15 minutes after practice sounds like the best idea.

Umm I'm not a dude. It's not petty. Come to practice on time and prepared or be ready to pay. Do you not think a gym like Cali has tried the conditioning route? You are either naive or not very smart.

Umm I'm not a dude. It's not petty. Come to practice on time and prepared or be ready to pay. Do you not think a gym like Cali has tried the conditioning route? You are either naive or not very smart.
And you're not very considerate if you think all of CA's athletes have 25 dollars to just GIVE. I know from experience that it doesn't and can't work like that. I'm glad you can just go into your wallet. But some people have other priorities... I totally disagree with this rule. If it happens... Which it does! Considering some people might have to go straight from work to cheer on short notice or maybe someone lost their shoe or maybe their parent didnt get off til 6:15 THAT night . Why embarrass them by asking them for money they don't have? I understand you're fed up but this isn't how you solve it... Conditioning.

And you're not very considerate if you think all of CA's athletes have 25 dollars to just GIVE. I know from experience that it doesn't and can't work like that. I'm glad you can just go into your wallet. But some people have other priorities... I totally disagree with this rule. If it happens... Which it does! Considering some people might have to go straight from work to cheer on short notice or maybe someone lost their shoe or maybe their parent didnt get off til 6:15 THAT night . Why embarrass them by asking them for money they don't have? I understand you're fed up but this isn't how you solve it... Conditioning.

I didn't have to go into my wallet. My daughter was on time and always had the proper attire on. Again, we are not talking one-off scenarios. This is for people who consistently violate the rules. Not sure about your gym, but at my gym we signed a contract and being on time and wearing the appropriate gym issued practice attire (which we paid for) was just a couple of the items we adhered to.

And furthermore, as a SINGLE economically challenged parent who drove over 52 miles each way during rush hour to get my daughter as well as other athletes to practice on time, it really pissed me off to see those show up late AND not in the appropriate practice attire.

If they dont have the money to just give then they should make sure they have their shoes and are not late for practice. signing up with the gym you know the rules dont like it ? dont join simple as that i dont think its a huge deal.

I didn't have to go into my wallet. My daughter was on time and always had the proper attire on. Again, we are not talking one-off scenarios. This is for people who consistently violate the rules. Not sure about your gym, but at my gym we signed a contract and being on time and wearing the appropriate gym issued practice attire (which we paid for) was just a couple of the items we adhered to.

And furthermore, as a SINGLE economically challenged parent who drove over 52 miles each way during rush hour to get my daughter as well as other athletes to practice on time, it really pissed me off to see those show up late AND not in the appropriate practice attire.
Actually we are talking scenarios. These are things that actually happen, it doesn't matter what way you see it, you're picturing some bratty junior 2 girl who gets everything handed to her and still shows up late but even then, the rule should be the same across the board because one day that girl can be the less fortunate senior 5 athlete who just had bad circumstances. Don't enforce the rule at all. It's not necessary.

Actually we are talking scenarios. These are things that actually happen, it doesn't matter what way you see it, you're picturing some bratty junior 2 girl who gets everything handed to her and still shows up late but even then, the rule should be the same across the board because one day that girl can be the less fortunate senior 5 athlete who just had bad circumstances. Don't enforce the rule at all. It's not necessary.

Don't tell me what I am picturing. At my gym it didn't make a difference what level team you were on. Maybe you heard of them....Top Gun.

Don't tell me what I am picturing. At my gym it didn't make a difference what level team you were on. Maybe you heard of them....Top Gun.
Nope, never heard of em'.... Anyway, the point is that sometimes showing up without your gear or on time is out of your control. As a single mother you would know this. Like maybe one day you had to work a little later than usual. You can't lose your job. So why should that athlete be penalized beyond conditioning? The level is irrelevant, I'm just trying to convey the idea that fines are kind of harsh. This is Cheerleading. We're a sport. Coaches are not cops. They make you condition, not pay fines. This sport is about fun and competition. Football players don't have to, gymnast don't have to and basketball players don't have to so why should we? I totally understand where you're coming from and you're right it's not fair but this isn't the solution. Lets get creative instead of trying to fine athletes. That whole idea turns me off towards the sport itself so why wouldn't it to other people...

Omg! So it would be a great idea if that money went to less fortunate cheerleaders in the gym or maybe even a substantial local charity... But what happens when the less fortunate kids forget their shoes? Do you embarrass them?

i agree with that it seems a little unfair for those who can barely afford it at all to pay more, but im pretty sure it wouldn't be a situation where the athlete walked in and had to pay in front of everyone, or coach would ask in front of everyone. My gym is very reasonable and helpful with that, so i think if we had that rule and a parent really couldnt afford it, they could most likely go in to the coaches office privately, explain the situation, and say they would not let it happen again. However if it continued, i'm sure theyd have to pay

Amen! I work fulltime and I have to find away to get my athlete to the gym on time and I have never had them forget their shoes. They get home, do homework, pack their cheer bag and we go. Never had a practice without shoes. It is a doable situation. I think some kind of punishment is good. Im sure it would cut down on the problem.

Nope, never heard of em'.... Anyway, the point is that sometimes showing up without your gear or on time is out of your control. As a single mother you would know this. Like maybe one day you had to work a little later than usual. You can't lose your job. So why should that athlete be penalized beyond conditioning? The level is irrelevant, I'm just trying to convey the idea that fines are kind of harsh. This is Cheerleading. We're a sport. Coaches are not cops. They make you condition, not pay fines. This sport is about fun and competition. Football players don't have to, gymnast don't have to and basketball players don't have to so why should we? I totally understand where you're coming from and you're right it's not fair but this isn't the solution. Lets get creative instead of trying to fine athletes. That whole idea turns me off towards the sport itself so why wouldn't it to other people...

I don't think you're getting it...the contract said UNEXCUSED absences. I'm sure if you called up the gym and explained these special circumstances that you're talking about, they might understand. This is all star cheerleading, it is a business. I know people at CA that traveled 3 hours to their practices and when they got there, if one of the people in their stunt group wasn't there, GUESS WHAT! They basically wasted their time even going. I saw this happen numerous times.

This isn't about the people that bust their butts to get their kids to practice and just happen to be in an unfortunate situation one time. This is about the people that even though they're paying almost $200 a month for tuition, don't bother showing up.

I believe that if you asked those parents of the kids that didn't get to practice their stunt 3 practices in a row because different people were missing, they'd agree with the fine.

As for the shoes fine, I can guarantee that it must have been a big enough problem for them to put that in the contract. I doubt that now that it's in writing that they'll have to implement it as much as you think they're going to. If it does happen to someone, I'm pretty sure it won't happen again. That's the point. It's not about making extra money. They don't WANT them to forget their shoes to make an extra dollar. It's so they DON'T.

love that they fine you for unexcused absences. hate when people miss practice for a stupid reason. one time someone missed because they had a small cold, another time a girl missed because she had a project and waited the night before to do it. funny thing is she lied and said she had an important school event that couldn't be missed or something like that. when people don't come it messes up everything!

Back