All-Star California Soul 5 Gospel Theme....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Now that I think about this some more, I've started to wonder why we're getting so upset about music when there are uniforms with bible verses on them? And yet I don't think anyone else has gotten upset with the uniforms. Is it really that different?
There is a difference between having a positive bible verse on a uniform and having a voiceover like "Jesus only loves winners"

For a gym that's transitioning from not-super-religious-based to more-religious, how do you deal with not excluding people?

For example- the bible study group. Do they have other activities for teams/individuals at the gym that are more social-based and that DON'T revolve around one particular sect? I would have to imagine it could be a little alienating. Let's face it- they're teenagers. And hearing an inside joke you miss because 'it happened at bible study' can be off-putting.. (this is not just Cali- this is anywhere. I deal with teenagers, so I know how that sort of 'exclusion' can happen unintentionally).

Now that I think about this some more, I've started to wonder why we're getting so upset about music when there are uniforms with bible verses on them? And yet I don't think anyone else has gotten upset with the uniforms. Is it really that different?
Because the uniform is done with taste. If the bible verse was printed on the butt of their spanks or anywhere else debatable, then people would have problems with it.

No one is arguing that they are trying to shove religion upon unwilling crowds, that's not the issue. Neither is the fact that they are a religious gym or pray before competing or anything like that. It's the fact that this choreography and music went a littttttle too far. Gospel themes can be done tastefully, but I just think some of these things should be steered away from in routines.

The team is very talented, however!

I liked the throne thing at the end... It was cute/funny... I couldn't hear all voice overs, but I wasn't offended at all honestly... Thought it was very creative!

I hate the binders full of women thing. It makes me so mad how people use that as an excuse and clearly don't know what was meant by it. :p Sorry if I offended you or anything but it gets my blood boilin haha

Oh, girl, I hated it too.

I think Coach Orby has already acknowledge everyone's concerns and from his previous post has issued an apology for offending anyone. I think taking the heat from everyone is quite commendable but I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who is representing Cali.

I dont mind it actually...Im just going to play devil's advocate (no pun intended...no really lol) and say that the opening lift reminds me of an upside down cross...if you know religion you know what that means lol...but this is just a #IMJUSTSAYING b/c I do like different...but from one choreographer to another....just think about it lol

Similar comments were made for the T&S unis if you look at the thread
2012-2013 New Uniforms | Page 124 | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading.
Not that it was blasphemous but that they are an organization with strong Christian values and cheerleaders and families join their gym well aware of this. From many of the responses on here, I'm assuming it's the same with Cali.

Back