All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just talked to my husband and he was very impressed with the entire camp location and staff. He was there from 10-3 and my daughter wanted to jump right into activities and wanted her dad to just leave. LoL. He only had positive and good things to say. Her friends from her team are older and in an older cabin, which we knew in advance. My husband also stayed and watched evaluations. He arrived about 30 mintues prior to evals and one coach was showing the other coach good and bad examples of bhs, etc, and says if a girl didn't do the bhs right they were to not take the bad ones. She has made friends so far with another girl in her cabin who says she has been to the camp a few summers now. She is scheduled for horseback riding which of course was her #1 activity outside of cheer. She got the top 3rd bunk like she wanted too! My husband was happy and says when he left she was in the pool with her friends from her cheer team. :) He says unless something unexpected happens, he thinks she will definetly go back next summer. I think she will not want to leave at the end of week 3. Next summer she will go for at least 2 weeks.

I believe I may have seen your husband at evals yesterday. I was chatting with a mom from Stars who said her daughter is 11 and we were talking about the camp, etc. We were standing watching our kids do evals and then a dad walked up to her (he had a big camera) and 3 Stars girls came over to them talking about how they did, etc. I didn't get to speak to him, but did get a chance to talk to the mom of one of the other girls. She said she was flying back home and that another mom was bringing her daughter home. The Stars girls all had smiles on their faces and seemed to be having a BALL!! This is my cps 3rd summer there and she's loved every minute of her time there! I am sure your cp will be fine and will continue having a blast!! :)

I'm normally not a tumbling fanatic, but some of my team mates are at week 3 right now, and videos are being posted and i wish i went....looks great.....(Keystone Extreme All Stars)

I believe I may have seen your husband at evals yesterday. I was chatting with a mom from Stars who said her daughter is 11 and we were talking about the camp, etc. We were standing watching our kids do evals and then a dad walked up to her (he had a big camera) and 3 Stars girls came over to them talking about how they did, etc. I didn't get to speak to him, but did get a chance to talk to the mom of one of the other girls. She said she was flying back home and that another mom was bringing her daughter home. The Stars girls all had smiles on their faces and seemed to be having a BALL!! This is my cps 3rd summer there and she's loved every minute of her time there! I am sure your cp will be fine and will continue having a blast!! :)

Yes, I am sure that was him! Mexican guy right? LOL. He sent me a lot of pictures. :) He and the other mom flew up on Saturday, stayed overnight at a hotel, dropped 3 girls off, then flew back Sunday evening. My daughter is flying back with just the other mom, but my husband wanted to take her there himself.

My daughter lost her cell phone already! :-( Her fault cause she was just casually carrying it around instead of keeping it in her backpack. She says the last place she recalls having it was in the cabin. I am betting she just layed it down somewhere and then something got thrown on top. A cabin of 17 girls ages 7-9.... I am sure there are things thrown around everywhere. It's just a cheap flip phone but she called her dad pretty upset over losing it. I guess it's a type of "security blanket" for her to just be able to call home and now she can't. I am debating if I should have her dad fed-ex a new one to her or wait it out. I dropped mine in water while on vacation in Oklahoma and had a new one sent to me via fed-ex, so they are pretty fast with sending the replacement phones. She's only there a week but I don't want her to be upset over it the entire week.

Yes, I am sure that was him! Mexican guy right? LOL. He sent me a lot of pictures. :) He and the other mom flew up on Saturday, stayed overnight at a hotel, dropped 3 girls off, then flew back Sunday evening. My daughter is flying back with just the other mom, but my husband wanted to take her there himself.

My daughter lost her cell phone already! :-( Her fault cause she was just casually carrying it around instead of keeping it in her backpack. She says the last place she recalls having it was in the cabin. I am betting she just layed it down somewhere and then something got thrown on top. A cabin of 17 girls ages 7-9.... I am sure there are things thrown around everywhere. It's just a cheap flip phone but she called her dad pretty upset over losing it. I guess it's a type of "security blanket" for her to just be able to call home and now she can't. I am debating if I should have her dad fed-ex a new one to her or wait it out. I dropped mine in water while on vacation in Oklahoma and had a new one sent to me via fed-ex, so they are pretty fast with sending the replacement phones. She's only there a week but I don't want her to be upset over it the entire week.

i lost soooooo much stuff at camp, but it was probably due to the fact that my cabin was full of messy people and was never clean. also things of mine and a few of my friends got stolen and someone said they found them in another cabin so watch out for theifs. just have her keep looking around the cabin its probably still there

Yep, I bet that was him!! :) Tell your daughter to look UNDER her bunk mattress and all along the sides! Last year as I was cleaning out the cabin I was cabin mom for, before we left, I found a cell phone that belonged to someone from the week BEFORE our week! I could tell because it had pictures in it of a girl that I remember seeing who was moving out when I was moving in! But the phone didn't turn up until a week later because it was UNDER the mattress! I texted the contact in there called "mom" that we had found it and would like to send it back, but never received a return text and the service was turned off! :( oh well! A cheaper way to go for you, since its already Tuesday, would be just to have her call you collect from the phones that are outside by the pool/pit gym, there are two pay phones there and no one usually ever uses them. That way she'll feel like she can call you whenever she wants. But on the other hand, if you wanna get in touch with *HER* possibly use a system where you call/text one of her friends/ cabin mom to relay the message for her to call home... Good Luck!!! :)

Can anyone recommend a good hotel near woodward? We will be heading there Friday night from MA and would live somewhere an hour or so from camp. . .

I just want to thank everyone for all the packing advice/suggestions! My planning is going much smoother then I anticipated.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel near woodward? We will be heading there Friday night from MA and would live somewhere an hour or so from camp. . .
The hampton inn & comfort inn are both 12miles away. then theres a fairfield 17miles away.

There are several very nice hotels in State College, PA, that are less than 30 mins from the camp. We stayed in the Springhill Suites, but right adjacent to it there was a Holiday Inn and a Hampton Inn.

In either the brochure or the yellow sheet that they send you when you register (I'm not sure which), there is a list of hotels that they recommend depending on what direction you're coming from. You can also ask the hotel for the "Camp Woodward Discount". I am assuming you only get the discount at the hotels listed. We're staying at a Hampton on Saturday night.. It's 45 minutes away I think and it's in a city that starts with an M (Millhall maybe?) I'm sorry I can't think of it.

I just packed tonight and can't wait.... Saturday morning I will finally be there so excited! haha I feel like a little kid waiting for xmas

Back